Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suicide = Bravery or Cowardice ?

Reviews

Suicide is a tragic waste of a life. Two members of my family committed suicide. The first question we asked was "why". Nobody knows why and never will except them.

Reviews

suicide is such an awfully sad thing life is precious it is never worth it.....

Reviews

Default sad

i think a person must be in such a lonely place to take their own life,but some cases people have reached out but just wernt listened to and other cases people have been in such a good mood before they actually commit suicide..relief maybe that things are coming to an end ,who knows?
    i myself have never been that low or unhappy or i dont know what type of place you would have to be in to contemplate this
    sad sad sad in all cases i think,for the family afterwards too
    my sisters ex boyfrieds dad hung himself a while back and his 2 youngest kids found him in the garage,shocking
    cowardice no ,bravery no,
    sad yes
    its better to burn out than to fade away

Thumbs up Good topic.

Boys, fair play, this is a brave and brillant topic, very philosophical

Its a mixture of both, no doubt. it takes some balls and courage to kill yourself but it can often leave a devastating effect on their faily and loved ones. i nelieve its am option that at least briefely crosses many peoples mind s at some stage in their lives. lets admit it, life aint fuckin easy for most of us but its unbearble for a small % of unfortunate people. The ugly truth is some people are just born less equipped for life than others. I’ve known good people who have been bloody destroyed by inhuman psychological bullying mostly in secondary schools. Bullying can have a detrimental effect on some people who just happen to be quiet sensitive chaps who are just seen as easy targets for the deflection of the minds of spineless, inconsiderate, careless, self centred thugs. Personally ive seem several suicides of lads ive known. All by hanging and the old reliable shotgun. Thing with lads is when they decide to do it, its has to be a quick clean success. Ive heard most people who hang, regret it in their dying seconds as their lifes good and bad moments flash through their mind but its usually too late to do anything although a rope can rarely snap.

In saying all that, if ones life is unbearable, crap and so bad that its not worth living for, then the raw ugly truth, the logical thing can be to end it. Sometimes no life can be better than a terrible, difficult, unbearable life that is simply not going to get any better. It’s a sick, cruel world out there, survival of the fittest. Some people just aren’t suited to what this world has to offer. Many men are very resilent but theres only so much trauma one can take before overwhelming pain takes over
    Suicides have increased over 40% since the same period last year. For some people suicide is the best escape and freedom they’ll ever experience. Theres a lot of beauty in this world but a lot of pain too for some unfortunate souls. Not everyone can embrace the goodness that life can sometimes offer!

Lightbulb Sorry forgot abit.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    If someone kills themsleves because their girl leaves them or something.That leaves alot to be desired to be honest.

I heard of a person that hanged themselves because they had cancer.Now this is my view is solely personal choice.

I guess it all depends on circumstances and who the person has for company.

The one trait i see in ppl that bulldoze through lifes troubles is that they are stubborn and dont rely on others.

Westside.

Its also about displacement, some bottle problems up, other rudely deflect, push all there frustration on to someone else by blame etc. which is rude and inconsiderate.

As said "Nor is it true that they are better off as the saying goes suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" sometimes suicide really is a permanent solution to what can sometimes be a permanent problem. some problems are chronic and wont go away

But is completely fucked up that a child should see such a sight.. that'd haunt their mind forever i think.

Selfish isnt really true but not leaving a note asking their family to accept that this is what they wanted, that it was their personal choice, that they couldnt take anymore and that they wanted them to kindly accept this and move on etc.
    "the mind has some dark recesses where logic doesnt exist" is true as mental illness can blind reality but sometimes logic is what motivates suicide. logically suicide can sometimes can an only solution.
    People believe a person wasnt thinking straight or right when they do this but its not always the case, i'd say some people minds are as clear a water before doing this, for some its the only way out, the last option

As kurt cobain said, "its better to burn out, than fade away" sums it up i think

Is said that 1 in 4 irish will experience some form of mental illness at some stage in their lives. its also a celtic genetic trait and finally look at the difference in outlook and personality between say aussies and the mediteraneans and the scandanivans for example. finland and russia have massive suicide rates, south europe doesnt, SUN is a factor in mental illness, believe it or not.

Depression is a disease of the white man who grew up in a polluted culture of stupid materialistic capitalism!
    Last edited by mrbee; 12-11-09 at 02:34.

Reviews

Default It's neither brave nor cowardly

If you read enough & listen to the real experts on this topic you can only come to the conclusion that suicide is the desperate option chosen by people who are not in control of their full faculties. These are people who have detached reason & logic from their decision.
    Depression is a very scary, lonely place & I am not going to judge these people.
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheNads View Post
    If you read enough & listen to the real experts on this topic you can only come to the conclusion that suicide is the desperate option chosen by people who are not in control of their full faculties. These are people who have detached reason & logic from their decision.
    Depression is a very scary, lonely place & I am not going to judge these people.
    agreed...

The real cowards are people who judge people who commit suicide, in my opinion

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fran Tick View Post
    Suicide is a tragic waste of a life. Two members of my family committed suicide. The first question we asked was "why". Nobody knows why and never will except them.
    sorry to hear that Fran Tick gosh thats terrible....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123