Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frontline

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Frontline

Anybody watching frontline when the guy in the audience attacked Pat Kenny over his salary
    and then stormed out of the studio,was class TV to say Pat was left taken aback would be to
    put it mildly,the guy was beside himself but to be fair was very articulate and u really would
    find it hard to disagree with his view

Reviews

I felt the guy was so worked up that he was havin serious trouble remembering what he was complaining about , and maybe he was surprised that he wasn't being challenged and was allowed to continue his rant . Pat did come back with a classic , saying that they give everyone the right to express their view , or something to that accord !
    I have no signature at the moment

Probably will be available on the RTE catchup site before long.

RTÉ News: The Frontline

Reviews

was it this guy

YouTube - Late Late Show Intruder

nbt

I don't understand why someone thinks they can attack Pat Kenny over his salary. He does a good job, he's climbed to the top of his trade, he attracts many viewers and advertising. If he were in private television he'd be paid a similar amount.

If they want to attack RTE then fair enough, but attacking Pat Kenny himself is absolutely stupid. And you have no idea of the unbelievable wastage that goes to some people working for the government if you think Mr. Pat Kenny doesn't deserve what he gets or is one of the guys that's earning too much, at least a lot of his earnings are paid for by advertisers. There are people out there that get similar amounts for sitting around at stupid meetings and things doing nothing.

Reviews

it was class i love live tv
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Fear

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I don't understand why someone thinks they can attack Pat Kenny over his salary. He does a good job, he's climbed to the top of his trade, he attracts many viewers and advertising. If he were in private television he'd be paid a similar amount.

If they want to attack RTE then fair enough, but attacking Pat Kenny himself is absolutely stupid. And you have no idea of the unbelievable wastage that goes to some people working for the government if you think Mr. Pat Kenny doesn't deserve what he gets or is one of the guys that's earning too much, at least a lot of his earnings are paid for by advertisers. There are people out there that get similar amounts for sitting around at stupid meetings and things doing nothing.
    Cant agree with u the money Kenny is paid is obscene and is being paid for by tax payers, the TV
    licence is just another tax,the truth is his arse is being kicked in the ratings at the moment by
    programmes being presented by people on a fraction of his salary. Where would this guy go? the
    commercial stations couldnt afford him,and he wouldnt survive for a minute in the UK OR USA.
    The advertising thing is overated, if u put Dustin presenting the late late show it would attract a
    core audience as it is a kind of institution in this country,it definitely wasnt the charasima of Kenny
    made people advertise. To be fair to the guy he really has a point how can someone be asking
    questions on behalf of the people on the poverty line when he is on 600,000 a year, he hasnt a
    clue whats happening on the ground,actually the person who really sticks in my craw is the
    champion of the ordinary person Joe Duffy and his contrived outrage swear the way he goes on
    that he was living through it and not on 400,000 a year just to make controversial,biased radio.
    He just churns out what he thinks the people want to hear

Reviews

Attack professor Drummons. fat fuck. Doing a good job? Wow!! waiting lists HIGH. treatment for cancer patients: SHITE. Bastard! Seriously.

Reviews

well said ber

last year kenny got paid 980k.......money for jam

nbt

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Cant agree with u the money Kenny is paid is obscene and is being paid for by tax payers, the TV
    licence is just another tax,the truth is his arse is being kicked in the ratings at the moment by
    programmes being presented by people on a fraction of his salary. Where would this guy go? the
    commercial stations couldnt afford him,and he wouldnt survive for a minute in the UK OR USA.
    The advertising thing is overated, if u put Dustin presenting the late late show it would attract a
    core audience as it is a kind of institution in this country,it definitely wasnt the charasima of Kenny
    made people advertise. To be fair to the guy he really has a point how can someone be asking
    questions on behalf of the people on the poverty line when he is on 600,000 a year, he hasnt a
    clue whats happening on the ground,actually the person who really sticks in my craw is the
    champion of the ordinary person Joe Duffy and his contrived outrage swear the way he goes on
    that he was living through it and not on 400,000 a year just to make controversial,biased radio.
    He just churns out what he thinks the people want to hear
    I just saw the clip on youtube and I admit that he has a point because of them talking about "the ordinary people". Personally I don't really agree with you about the charisma of Pat Kenny as I think he's a fine presenter and a lot better than the manky Tubridy (although I think a lot of people agree with you there). There's hundreds of consultant-types up and down the country being paid in excess of 200,000+ euro, in my honest opinion Pat Kenny is far from the most overpaid. He should have thrown a few of their names out.

Here it is, it was up on youtube almost instantly!!!!: YouTube - The Frontline

After seeing it I thought he was very good though in a way!!!! If only because he's giving a voice to the ordinary people of Ireland and expose the corruption of the government. I really wish things were as he's implying. But Pat Kenny's got a lot of talent, a lot of viewers love his shows, he's paid well but it's not as if that's his fault and if that was the full extent of the type of wastage of government payouts we had we'd be living in a much better country!!!!
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 10-11-09 at 00:48.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast