Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The real problem with the budget cuts

Blog Entries

Default The real problem with the budget cuts

My bro told me today that a guy he works with told him that his sister in laws brother committed suicide yesterday.He was a businessman with a wife and two kids.I wonder how many more are doing it accross the country.Cowen and Boyle and the like wont be doing it though.This country needs a national strike where everyone downs tools for a day and hits the streets to call enough is enough on these politicians.

The Greens and FF have blood on their hands,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Sadly........

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    My bro told me today that a guy he works with told him that his sister in laws brother committed suicide yesterday.He was a businessman with a wife and two kids.I wonder how many more are doing it accross the country.
    A lot more that people hear about..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Default Despite what people think

Its not cowardly

But it is incredibly selfish

And before anyone starts - fuck off in advance!

T
    xxx

Default According to RTE

42% increase on suicides...

Though they don't tell you what it is a 42% increase from......

5 ?
    10 ?

100 ?
    1000 ?

T
    xx

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by topdawg View Post
    It is really sad to hear about someone taking their life, I believe that anyone who does this must be mentally ill in some way because it is such a huge step. However, we all have a responsibility to ourseleves before anyone else and to take this step is a cop out. Some of us have had massive changes to our lifestyles but to take our own life is to leave all our loved ones behind and to cause them incredible sadness. Imagine how your loved ones would think.... why did he/she not talk to me and tell me what he/she was thinking?

Just my two cents worth....

TD
    how long does it take to make a decision?A few seconds and it cant be undone.You know i keep hearing stuff about it being a cop out and to be honest i thought this before too but its not.I actually blame those who are close to the ppl in "some" of the cases.Not all cases but alot of cases.The ppl who take their own lives arent thinking right but unfortunatly it only takes a short while for it happen.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default That depends

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor of Manchester View Post
    it depends on who a person is surrounded by and what they are like.If a person is surrounded by shite then it isnt selfish but if a person is surrounded by good ppl it is.

All depends,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default That's not the way somebody who's in that position looks at it.....

In fact, it's probably quite the opposite. Somebody who makes that decision and takes that step often does so because to them, it's the best, or perhaps the only thing that can do. They actually think it's a selfless act and that everybody, and the world, would be better off without them. People in this position don't view things clearly.

If somebody who was about to do this was granted just 2 mins of clarity, to view things as they actually were, taking everything into account, thinking about the consequences of the actions they were about to take and how it would effect everybody, they would come to a very different decision. Sadly, somebody in this frame of mind is rarely granted this moment of clarity....

It is with this in mind, that we should always be careful not to be to quick to judge other. We rarely know what's really going on in someone else’s life or mind. Even the ones closest to us. If someone has a deep feeling of worthlessness, and this is constantly in their mind, even though it's not true, being told this by someone else can have a deep and profound affect on this person.......

Be nice to each other, particularly in these tough times. A smile and a nice word, even a hello, can change a persons life............

You could change somebody from this to this today without much effort............

Give it a go..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Default It is selfish

Its the mess for the people left behind, the parents, the children, the widow/widower...

The WTF ? How bad can something be ?

Cowardly - no - they don't know how the end will pan out - how much pain they will suffer...

But

Selfish - Yes Indeed

T
    xxx

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    In fact, it's probably quite the opposite. Somebody who makes that decision and takes that step often does so because to them, it's the best, or perhaps the only thing that can do. They actually think it's a selfless act and that everybody, and the world, would be better off without them. People in this position don't view things clearly.

If somebody who was about to do this was granted just 2 mins of clarity, to view things as they actually were, taking everything into account, thinking about the consequences of the actions they were about to take and how it would effect everybody, they would come to a very different decision. Sadly, somebody in this frame of mind is rarely granted this moment of clarity....

It is with this in mind, that we should always be careful not to be to quick to judge other. We rarely know what's really going on in someone else’s life or mind. Even the ones closest to us. If someone has a deep feeling of worthlessness, and this is constantly in their mind, even though it's not true, being told this by someone else can have a deep and profound affect on this person.......

Be nice to each other, particularly in these tough times. A smile and a nice word, even a hello, can change a persons life............

You could change somebody from this to this today without much effort............

Give it a go..............
    I alway's feel very very sad when I read or hear about suicide.

It take me back to the 4th May 2008 when my cousin hanged himself. 32, wife and 2 young children. He was severely depressed for years and had an alcohol problem, the warning signs were there. I tried to help him but was unable to do. I think he had made up his mind.

I shall never forget that whole period around his death. The anguish of his wife, his parents, his sister, thankfully his two children were too young to understand.

Blog Entries

Its not cowardly

And before anyone starts - fuck off in advance!

T
    xxx
    It is by it's very definition a 'selfish' act, but not in the sense that the word 'selfish' is generally used.

And by the way, what a lovely method of balancing your argument you set across...

You have the debating skill of a dictator.

(Is this where I say...and before you start - fuck off in advance!?)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast