Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Bad Sporting Moments

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Bad Sporting Moments

    What was your bad sporting moment?

    All this football talk lately brought back a bad sporting moment to Uncle West.I was playing a match one time (i couldnt do much with the ball but always caught it because i was wicked fast) and i leaped high and forward for a header.Poetry in motion it was.thing is i didnt know the ball rolled in dogshit.Splash.Was like a smelly red apple after it and you wouldnt mind the bloody thing went wide.

    What was your bad sporting moment.

    it happened in the first half,
    Westside.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,051
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    What was your bad sporting moment?

    All this football talk lately brought back a bad sporting moment to Uncle West.I was playing a match one time (i couldnt do much with the ball but always caught it because i was wicked fast) and i leaped high and forward for a header.Poetry in motion it was.thing is i didnt know the ball rolled in dogshit.Splash.Was like a smelly red apple after it and you wouldnt mind the bloody thing went wide.

    What was your bad sporting moment.

    it happened in the first half,
    Westside.
    Being sent off playing Rugby for headbutting my opposite number when I was playing in the Leinster Senior Cup. Turned out afterwards I'd got the wrong bloke which is why he was so surprised when I loafed him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default He wasnt dressed in black by any chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by blankmannn View Post
    Being sent off playing Rugby for headbutting my opposite number when I was playing in the Leinster Senior Cup. Turned out afterwards I'd got the wrong bloke which is why he was so surprised when I loafed him.
    yep wrong guy,
    Westside.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,051
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    yep wrong guy,
    Westside.
    Rugby refs rarely wear black, you should have seen the headbutt though, it was a peach, just delivered to the wrong bloke, I met him a few years after and apologised, he said it was all water under the bridge, one of the things that differenciates rugby lads and footballers

    fighting is just part of the game in rugby

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    I once broke a lads leg with a rather nasty tackle..............

    ....................which is not what you expect when palying pitch n'putt.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    DOWN ROAD FROM QPH
    Posts
    1,808
    Reviews
    23

    Default

    I landed a hole in one on a par three,
    you mite say.wats so bad about that.the thing was the ball never bounced went from the tee straight into the cup,hit the bottom of the cup and bounced out.the head of the club i used snapped off and flew into the bushes.8 iron,havent had one since,its just a stick now.i walked up to the green and missed the putt,3 times.ended up with a bogey and no 8 iron.think il try table tennis
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Too many to mention

    When I was younger (before vthe lure of alcohol cioggs and women) I was quiet the avid sportsman.

    Earliest sporting memory swas when i was about 12/13. playing as a right winger, I was dribling around 3 players in a game. My e3yes firmly on the ball at all times, which was a pity because if I\ looked up I would have seen tha blasted tree heading straight for me.

    when I was 13 I decided to take up some martial arts so joined a club first day there I vwaked in front of the punching bag where I was met with an unmerciful kick in the bollox by a kickboxer practicing his stuff.

    When I was fifteen I went up for a scissor kick and sliced through a opponents ear.

    I was delighted with that (as usualy these things happen to me, nice to be on the other side for once)

    And just like Alec I also broke some ones leg on the pitch and was still on the field at the end of the match
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Oh by the way

    Ber and Luther arent with us at present but i want to convey to the general commuinity that their worst sporting moment was being clueless about sprinting.

    glad to pass it on,
    Westside.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    I was knocked out in a boxing match a couple of years ago. I mean knocked clean out tweet tweet sleep now etc.

    Anyway, some bastard took a photo on their mobile phone of my face with its lolling, dribbling mouth and vacant rolled-up eyes, blew it up to the biggest size possible, printed it a million times and used it in a SU presidential election. Posters everywhere saying Vote for this guy! He floors the opposition! Or some shit like that.

    And I didn't make a red fucking cent in royalties, either.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default hahahah

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I was knocked out in a boxing match a couple of years ago. I mean knocked clean out tweet tweet sleep now etc.

    Anyway, some bastard took a photo on their mobile phone of my face with its lolling, dribbling mouth and vacant rolled-up eyes, blew it up to the biggest size possible, printed it a million times and used it in a SU presidential election. Posters everywhere saying Vote for this guy! He floors the opposition! Or some shit like that.

    And I didn't make a red fucking cent in royalties, either.
    Any of them still around????

    Reminded me of one thing.I remember when i first started ju jitsu,we were pairing up and this big elephant pairs up with me.Anyway we were shown the move and were practising elbow locks.I asked him where his elbow was.Seriously the guy was so fat i couldnt find his elbow.

    had to throw him too,
    Westside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •