Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This f***ing economy!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Not if the gov dont start creating jobs.All they are doing is discouraging ppl from working.This is a band aid approach and doesnt work.Ppl have less money so will spend less.Harsh budgets have a knock on effect.

Westside.
    honestly, I am SHOCKED there hasn't been a revolt in ireland, we're bitches, we're the most american country in europe

Default No sunshine

That would be us!

I could live in Ireland - however half-term holiday with the arms and legs nearly bankrupted me, so how you live and survive here I do not know.

I realise its all relative, and I'm not arrogant enough to pretend to understand half of it, but you have a truly lovely country.......and you know the best part ?

No fucker lives here!!!

The population of Manchester if that - anyone want to swop ??

Ok - so it rains, so what ?

The food and service is awesome, people are nice. The guinness is good (so I've been told) You have kept your integrity and identity as a country.

We haven't

The UK has gone to rat shit

The grass is not greener, apart from in NZ - and prostitution is very much legal over there and in Oz......thinking about it...

T
    xxx

Thanks for the replies.
    Feeling a bit chirpier this morning. It's a bit like that you have good days and bad days. A good run this morning set me up well. Mind you it's not 9am yet.

Anyway sunny side up

Thx again

Archie

Blog Entries

Default Im not shocked

Quote Originally Posted by blankmannn View Post
    honestly, I am SHOCKED there hasn't been a revolt in ireland, we're bitches, we're the most american country in europe
    a revolt in this country????????This is a country where over half the ppl shat themselves and gave everything away to EU.Of course the money is on its way.

I will let you in on something.Even though im Irish ,i never really liked the Irish.I think as a nation the Irish run with the wolves and hunt with the hounds.The Irish attitude is and always has being,"as long as im ok then fine" and thats the problem.There is no unity amongst ppl of this country because we are a nation of sneaks.

If a person speaks up they are bad.If a person gives out over the number of foreigners claim welfare i this country ,they are racist.If a person speaks out against the peadophile priests they are blasphemous.If a person speaks out against anything in this country the are labelled straight away and labelled by those who are nothing more than cowards who are afraid to stand up for thei rights.

A revolt?Here in Ireland?Not a chance of it.

wait till the next budget.Things will get harsher and the ppls response ...........boo,boo,hoo all while the gov claim more in expenses.

a nation of whingers and hypocrites,
    Westside.

Reviews

a revolt in this country????????This is a country where over half the ppl shat themselves and gave everything away to EU.Of course the money is on its way.

I will let you in on something.Even though im Irish ,i never really liked the Irish.I think as a nation the Irish run with the wolves and hunt with the hounds.The Irish attitude is and always has being,"as long as im ok then fine" and thats the problem.There is no unity amongst ppl of this country because we are a nation of sneaks.

If a person speaks up they are bad.If a person gives out over the number of foreigners claim welfare i this country ,they are racist.If a person speaks out against the peadophile priests they are blasphemous.If a person speaks out against anything in this country the are labelled straight away and labelled by those who are nothing more than cowards who are afraid to stand up for thei rights.

wait till the next budget.Things will get harsher and the ppls response ...........boo,boo,hoo all while the gov claim more in expenses.

Westside.
    we arent bad at rugby
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Blog Entries

Westside.

Nicely put, I couldn't agree more.

Reviews

Here it is Westie, I found it!!!

What were you saying?

Reviews

This problem has been trashed out here before.

But just looking at the jobless figures this morning.

The main block of people unemployed is young males aged 18-24.

This is also the group of people that the Govt is targeting to cut their dole by 50%.

In happier times these young unskilled males would have found jobs in factories (Now factories gone to Poland or China).
    Or found work in McDonalds or Tesco or Dunnes (Now gone to workers from Poland, China or Maritius).
    It's a sad fact of life that our young people can't get a poxy unskilled job in their own country.

Once again Fianna Fail and Bertie have a lot to answer for as they opened the flood gates to other europeans to come and work here while other countries chose to opt out and put a 3 year ban on other nationalities coming to work in their countries.

That decision has come back to bite us on the arse.
    Last edited by Smarty; 04-11-09 at 11:49. Reason: mistake

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    This problem has been trashed out here before.

But just looking at the jobless figures this morning.

The main block of people unemployed is young males aged 18-24.

This is also the group of people that the Govt is targeting to cut their dole by 50%.

In happier times these young unskilled males would have found jobs in factories (Now factories gone to Poland or China).
    Or found work in McDonalds or Tesco or Dunnes (Now gone to workers from Poland, China or Maritius).
    It's a sad fact of life that our young people can't get a poxy unskilled job in their own country.

Once again Fianna Fail and Bertie have a lot to answer for as they opened the flood gates to other europeans to come and work here while other countries chose to opt out and put a 3 year ban on other nationalities coming to work in their countries.

That decision has come back to bite us on the arse.
    I'm sorry, I agree with a lot of your point, but you cannot simply blame foreign immigrants for the problems in the work force.

Unskilled workers? Is it me or was there NO COLLEGE FEES in Ireland for years and years? There were plenty of opportunities for people to educate themselves. I am not saying this is the case for everyone but you can be guaranteed that there are people on the dole that left school at 16 and haven't bothered themselves looking for a job.

Whats the end result? If you or I lose our job tomorrow, we will recieve the same benefit as some sponger who fucked off out of school the minute he could, regardless of the amount of money we have paid into the social welfare system.

That's a bigger problem that some person from eastern europe coming over here and slaving their asses off. How can they get the job and not an irish person?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blankmannn View Post
    I'm sorry, I agree with a lot of your point, but you cannot simply blame foreign immigrants for the problems in the work force.

Unskilled workers? Is it me or was there NO COLLEGE FEES in Ireland for years and years? There were plenty of opportunities for people to educate themselves. I am not saying this is the case for everyone but you can be guaranteed that there are people on the dole that left school at 16 and haven't bothered themselves looking for a job.

Whats the end result? If you or I lose our job tomorrow, we will recieve the same benefit as some sponger who fucked off out of school the minute he could, regardless of the amount of money we have paid into the social welfare system.

That's a bigger problem that some person from eastern europe coming over here and slaving their asses off. How can they get the job and not an irish person?
    Because they are prepared to work for a lot less than Irish people. If you come here and share a house with 6 to 8 people your rent even in Dublin can be as low as €25/35 a week not a long term thing but if you are willing to put up with it for a few years work your arse off you can go home with a nice nest egg to buy a house start a business. You will be working for probably less than minimum wage no over time rates no benefits.
    Irish people can't and shouldn't have to work like that these people are being exploited.

As for your fear of the unions I disagree I think the unions are voicing reasonable opposition to government policies that will throw this country into a deeper recession. Cutting wages across the board is not the solution reform of the public service including redundancies where necessary would be my choice. Just taking money from public servants will only mean that there is less money all round at the end of the day Public servants spend their wages in private enterprises.

People are spinning public service pay using averages to justify wage cuts anyone who has even a passing knowledge of statistics knows averages mean fuck all. For example a hospital consultant with 7 nurses each nurse earns €40,000 and the consultant earns €250000 thats €530,000 between them at an average of €66,250 it completely distorts the figures. A 10% pay cut across the board will save 53,000 but will make a huge dent in 40,000 but still leave the consultant on €225,000

Wage cuts for high earners but anyone below 50,000 should be left alone.

The big problem is the Euro people are afraid to say it and the pro Euro lobby will do anything but admit it the Euro is valued far to high for what Ireland needs and the Euro low interest rates are what got us into this mess in the first place. We have lost control of our currency and the basic tools any government would use to control the economy. So we are in being forced to cut wages to lower costs compared to our neighbours were as the UK for example has allowed Sterling to devalue.

Trace the causes of this crisis and they stem from us joining the Euro and loosing control over our interest rates the government had no tools to try and slow the property boom and tried to use stamp duty as an economic tool to slow the property boom but instead made the economy dependent on property taxes that have now disappeared.

All the gobshites that voted for the Maastricht Treaty back in 1992 and ignored the warnings about getting rid of our own currency are who I blame.

Of course theses people will tell you we would be screwed without the Euro we would have gone the way of Iceland but the truth is we would never have ended up here if it was not for the Euro.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast