Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A peace proposal

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    Lets get real - Irish is a foreign language.

Foreign to daily use amongst 99.999% of Irish citizens.

Perhaps it should be classified as a dead language. Of no bloody use whatsoever. And the sooner it is put down the better.
    Well 'Doney' Higgins told me different, I did all my subjects in primary in Irish so secondary Irish was a doddle

Blog Entries

Default All Irish did for me in school

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    Well 'Doney' Higgins told me different, I did all my subjects in primary in Irish so secondary Irish was a doddle
    was toughened me up to take hits from adults.

Irish in English = Punchbag,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    Jesus wept - sher I had that oul fucker too. Now thats a man you would meet in the bookies.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I have thought a lot about the recent linguistic wars on this site and I have come up with a peace proposal which I hope will be accceptable to all sides.

I propose
    1) that E-I's Irish language sister site www.striapacha.com be equipped with a discussion forum, where Irish language posters may discuss punting as gaeilge without being disturbed by bearla,
    2) that, in accord with the linguistic provisions of the Irish constitution, www.striapacha.com be considered the official punting site of the Republic of Ireland, independently of whether anyone actually visits the site,
    3) that all Irish language discussions migrate from E-I to the new www.striapacha.com forum, and
    4) that anyone interested in discussing punting in Latin register the domain www.meretrices-hibernienses.ie and establish a forum on that site.

Your comments on this proposal are welcome.
    I'd never have thought in a million years there was an Irish language website!! El Gordo is a pervert
    Tog mo mhici oh go hana mhaith sea sea sea...

Blog Entries

Default A typical day in school

always started with Irish.Great stuff.

In the door and a good morning in Irish depending on which end of the bed he got out of.Abraite agus Asite or something to that tune.Out we get them and he starts reading or writting on the board and asks qs.The average q to me was like this :- lkhwsg;q3ojhg;m';???

My answer was usually :- ugh??

This was a typical day for most in my class except the guys who played GAA ,they escaped ok.The rest of us were fucked and the geits,the way they structured the day.Irish first then our short break just to allow us to recover for English.History and Geography were done next so we couldnt enjoy them because we be all beat up and sore. Religon was usually last.Just to make sure we keep the faith we talk about Jesus for the last half hour or so everyday so we can forgive the soreness and marks on us.

And the next day the cycle continues......................for five years.Then Secondary school where we get to talk about Jesus for three half hour classes per week and Irish gets a longer session and of course commerce and biology.Im sure the whole purpose of commerce was to cut down on medical expenses and the biology was so we could identify our injuries and know what part of the body it was.Och thats my penis thats hurting my.Och thats my cranium and i think my metatarsills are all broken from when he jumped on them and i think i have a broken rib too but not to worry my body is creating new cells and Jesus loves me so as long i know Bismark was the top guy and Portugal was next to Spain and i put my owed money in my ledger i could joyously take all those belts knowing i was learning from each and every one of them.

Great stuff,
    Westside.

Reviews

... but you're not bitter

Blog Entries

Default Me ?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    ... but you're not bitter
    Nope im not but i havnt a word of Irish because of it.

Slan,
    Westside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12