Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vote Yes for Jobs and Recovery ???

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    they should let him buy out Aer Lingus because he seems to want it.They should have given him the second terminal in Dublin.He knows his stuff big time.

Himself and Bill Cullen are the two best business ppl in this country imho.

Westside.
    See how much you would payfor your flights if O'leary was in control of 80% of air traffic from this island. You would be fucked look at the ways he comes up with to screw cash out of people every week while he likes to promote himself as the consumers friend his only interest is profit and getting rid of competition allows you to charge what you like even if you pretend it is low fares.

Bill Cullen my bollox
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    They cant really because there are plenty more Airlines out there that will move
    in if they see a good profit to be made,i think the days of competition are here
    to stay
    Look what happened when easyjet tried to move into Ireland. Ryanair gave away flights etc till they ran easyjet out of town then put prices back up.

Big airlines are afraid of ryanair because that's what they do move in drop prices hide charges and wait for the competition to move on.

I remember high fares but I also remember when free meant free when you could bring a suitcase sit with your friends expect courtesy from staff and travel to the place you were going to not 60 miles away etc etc

Blog Entries

Default Have to agree with you here Stewie......

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    See how much you would payfor your flights if O'leary was in control of 80% of air traffic from this island. You would be fucked look at the ways he comes up with to screw cash out of people every week while he likes to promote himself as the consumers friend his only interest is profit and getting rid of competition allows you to charge what you like even if you pretend it is low fares.

Bill Cullen my bollox
    If O'Leary was allowed to have that much control it would remove the competitive element from the whole thing.......

And on the Bill Cullen thing...........me bollix..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Default Ryanair

Just on the ryanair thing. A little bit of history.

Seamus Brennan did back in 88/89ish allow Ryanair to compete with Aer Lingus as AL was trying to stick it to Ryanair. Heathrow and Gatwick were to belong to AL while Ryanair was granted Luton and Stansted. AL went apeshit. They did not want competition. AL were doing to RA then what people now fear that Ryanair will do to its competition.

What happened next was amazing. Ryanair was stupendously successful. A company which Michael O'Leary had earlier told Tony Ryan to get rid of as it was a complete waste of time and money.

It would be stupid of any company NOT to try and blow out the competition. It makes sound economic sense.

Anyway swings and roundabouts. At the minute you gotta ask yourself are we better off with Ryanair or not. I think we are.

Reviews

We are better off with Ryanair overall. It'd be different if they were somehow able to put all other airlines out of business, but that's not going to happen.

What might be problematic is if Ryanair becomes the sole or mainly dominant regional airline in the British Isles. I don't think that's massively likely to happen, but if it does you can scratch about one-third to one-half of the airports in western Europe off the map. Airlines pay both the airport authority and the local civil aviation authority fees for landing and ATC services, and Ryanair's aggressive negotiating with regional airports has resulted in routes to "out of the way" airports like Charleroi or Sandefjord.

What I find offensive is their business model, which is the worst form of evil capitalism that allowed the bankers and politicians to fuck people over with the protection of the law. "What part of no refunds don't you understand?" is a perfect example.

Mind you, on the plus side there's never a safety issue with them. I've never actually flown with Ryanair, but I suppose for a short hop they're invaluable. As long as you know exactly what you're getting (and not getting).

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by feargal View Post
    What ever critism we have for Ryan Air, they transformed the short haul travel industry for the ordinary person, and they are still the cheapest out there. I personally would like to see Michael O leary running this country. There would be alot of unrest for a while, but then we would be better off and the envy of the rest of the world. People would have to work and be productive to get paid.
    Best regards Feargal

I don't think you would really like O'leary running the country.

Unless you want to end up working for minimum wage in shit conditions.

The guy is a rude, obnoxious bully.

Let him stick to what he knows best ie running a cheap airline.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    I don't think you would really like O'leary running the country.

Unless you want to end up working for minimum wage in shit conditions.

The guy is a rude, obnoxious bully.

Let him stick to what he knows best ie running a cheap airline.
    People that post stupid shit like o'leary should run the country never actually stop and think about the huge difference between a private company and a democratic country.

In a private company you tell people to jump they say how high or they hit the road that's not how running a country is you work for the people not the other way round.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    how running a country is you work for the people not the other way round.
    At least, that's how it's supposed to be. Cunts.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast