View Poll Results: Is it a good decision that Barack Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 28.57%
  • NO

15 71.43%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobel Peace Prize.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nobel Peace Prize.

What do you think.

Blog Entries

Default Must say.....

I was surprised..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Commentator

I Heard a media commentator today to say that he felt Obama won it not for what
    he did but for not being George Bush and i feel there is more than a grain of truth
    in that statement. Seems to be a very politically motivated decision,definitely puts
    added pressure on Obama to perform as such.

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I Heard a media commentator today to say that he felt Obama won it not for what
    he did but for not being George Bush
    and i feel there is more than a grain of truth
    in that statement. Seems to be a very politically motivated decision,definitely puts
    added pressure on Obama to perform as such.
    I just heard Kirsty Wark say that on Newsnight.....

Reviews

Default The reason Y

He got it for his " yes we can" not for wht he has done. Unlike many winners before him who actually done somthing obama got it based on wht he has said he will do, which we all know he will never actually do.... but as long as your claiming to do things people will back him.

The closing date for the prize nominations was only 11 days after he became president. This is premature for a noble peace prize if there ever was one.
    Should a noble peace prize winner be at war with afganistan?

A few leftist views.....

Blog Entries

Default Ah FFS...........

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    for not being George Bush
    I could have won it for not being that prat...........

I'm a totally different prat.............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

I think the Nobel price was a bit surprise for him as well, and little bit too soon in my opinion.

Even if I believe he is a great man he probably will not be able to deliver what he had promised. But gave lot of hope to all corner of this world.( specially to the Muslims world) But for sure he believe in peace between people and try to united more than divided.

You are blaming him for a war he did not start (Afghanistan, Irak) ??

Sweetie I think this remark is shocking “He got it for being black, elected as president of the US and still being alive nearly a year later. He hasn't actually done anything else

In my opinion this price put more pressure on him to deliver what he had promised, and it is poison “gift “he really don’t need it right now, he have enought trouble in the US to deal on daily bases;

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sasha eve View Post

Sweetie I think this remark is shocking “He got it for being black, elected as president of the US and still being alive nearly a year later. He hasn't actually done anything else
    What is shocking about that remark??

Are you disputing any of it

He is Black.
    He was Elected President of the US.
    And last time I looked he was still alive ( which considering the headcases in his own country is a bit of an achievement)

That is all he has done, considering nominations closed 11 days after his inauguration he clearly did not do anything in those 11 days to warrant a nomination and he has not done much since then either nevermind enough to win a peace prize.

The truth is he won it for being the first black president of the US that's it.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default I am surprised by Mr Obama's award but

I would think that the people responsible for deciding the award are intelligent and insightful.
    I imagine they have given due consideration to all the nominees and we should all respect that decision. How many previous winners have been challenged as to their suitability in the way that Brack Obama has?

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast