View Poll Results: Is it a good decision that Barack Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 28.57%
  • NO

15 71.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nobel Peace Prize.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    Mahatma Gandhi was nominated 4 times and never won it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry Kissinger - mass muderer/ war criminal (excuse my bias) was a joint winner in 1973 for getting bored with bombing the shit out of SE Asia (oops there goes my prejudice again)

List of Nobel Peace Prize laureates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Starting Threads and answering yourself

Down with that type of thing I thought you were against that
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries

Default I find the 1994 joint winners very amusing

before they started up again.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle of Edinburgh View Post
    Should a noble peace prize winner be at war with afganistan?
    When you consider they're probably blowing fuck out of Afghanistan with Nobel's dynamite, anything's possible!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Roosevelt, Wilson, Carter, Obama
    My mistake and i think eventhough he wasnt a President Kissinger won it aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Starting Threads and answering yourself

Down with that type of thing I thought you were against that
    at this rate you might win it next year Mr Griffin....

I think the Nobel price was a bit surprise for him as well, and little bit too soon in my opinion.

Even if I believe he is a great man he probably will not be able to deliver what he had promised. But gave lot of hope to all corner of this world.( specially to the Muslims world) But for sure he believe in peace between people and try to united more than divided.

You are blaming him for a war he did not start (Afghanistan, Irak) ??

Sweetie I think this remark is shocking “He got it for being black, elected as president of the US and still being alive nearly a year later. He hasn't actually done anything else

In my opinion this price put more pressure on him to deliver what he had promised, and it is poison “gift “he really don’t need it right now, he have enought trouble in the US to deal on daily bases;

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sasha eve View Post

Sweetie I think this remark is shocking “He got it for being black, elected as president of the US and still being alive nearly a year later. He hasn't actually done anything else
    What is shocking about that remark??

Are you disputing any of it

He is Black.
    He was Elected President of the US.
    And last time I looked he was still alive ( which considering the headcases in his own country is a bit of an achievement)

That is all he has done, considering nominations closed 11 days after his inauguration he clearly did not do anything in those 11 days to warrant a nomination and he has not done much since then either nevermind enough to win a peace prize.

The truth is he won it for being the first black president of the US that's it.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I Heard a media commentator today to say that he felt Obama won it not for what
    he did but for not being George Bush and i feel there is more than a grain of truth
    in that statement. Seems to be a very politically motivated decision,definitely puts
    added pressure on Obama to perform as such.
    I'm inclined to agree. I think they decided to give it to him in the hope that he'll deliver in the next three years. Hopefully - he will.

My vote? Undecided!!
    Last edited by Prickly; 10-10-09 at 00:48. Reason: Because it's free.

No sweetie it is ur meaning behind the word like if he got it because he was black (look like if he was the first black winning the price), and not killed (surprise till now how come he still alive not because of the problem in the US but because no one succeed to kill him), even if he has been in his seat for 11 days, you don’t think the speech and promise he had made make a lot of difference.

And to finish that the most STUPID REMARK NEVER READ IN MY LIFE “The truth is he won it for being the first black president of the US that's it
    so any achievement he will make in his life will be because his is black

But I am sure you are more smart than the price judges; Are you ??

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default My opinion

I think this decision was premature, but I do not agree with the posts saying that Obama hasn't done anything. The crucial difference between Obama and every other American president I can remember is this: He has taken the rest of the world seriously from the beginning. Most presidents, of either party, start working for disarmament or for peace in the Middle East or elsewhere only after they have lost control of Congress or got caught fucking an intern or otherwise destroyed their credibility at home. It's a pathetic, and usually doomed, attempt to find people who will still listen to them. Obama is genuinely different in this. This is more likely to be because he grew up in Indonesia than because he had a Kenyan father, but in either case he has made diplomacy a priority from the beginning of his presidency. Before the beginning, in fact. One final observation: nominations closed in February, but the decision was made just before the announcement, so the decision was based on his record up to now. I would have preferred if they had waited another year or two to see how successful his diplomacy will be, but I understand why they wanted to reward him for attempting it at this stage.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast