Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Keane

Reviews

Default Roy Keane

From Sky Sports.com

Ipswich boss Roy Keane lost his cool in the post-match press conference after his side suffered a last-gasp 2-1 defeat at Barnsley.

Jon Macken struck in the sixth minute of added time to hand the Tykes a 2-1 success and increase the pressure on Town boss Keane, who has presided over their worst-ever start to a season.

The former Manchester United midfielder became angry when questions focused on the late goal, rather than a penalty awarded to the home side earlier which Iain Hume crashed against the post.

"You've watched the game and nobody's asked me about the bloody penalty," Keane said as he got up to leave. "That about sums you up."

The Irishman then challenged reporters on his way out of the room, asking: "Was it a penalty? Does anyone in this room think it was a penalty?"

Keane began the press conference in more conciliatory fashion, and insisted there were positives to be taken from the game.

Opportunities
    "It's another disappointing result but we deserved more than we got," he said.

"It wasn't a pretty game but we had just about the better of the chances barring the penalty. To concede in injury-time again after five and a bit minutes is hard to take.

"But we knew coming here today would be difficult with the conditions and Barnsley being on a good run of results."

The Tykes led after only eight minutes through Hume's strike and might have added more before Liam Rosenior pounced on a goalkeeping error to head in an equaliser on the stroke of half-time.

"We had a poor start with the goal but we responded well and had some good opportunities," Keane said.

"That's the way it's going for us at the moment. Instead of winning the game in the last couple of minutes you go from the disappointment of that to having a double-whammy by actually conceding."

Keane is showing all the signs of a man under serious pressure.
    I hate to say this about a fellow Corkman but I feel his days at the club may be numbered.
    The Truth is out there.

The Irish arnt fit too manage anyone.
    We are useless. All our good players who try to manage fail dismaly

Staunton
    Keane
    O'Leary
    Kenna
    Brady

All failed

Only Martin O;Neil
    and
    Joe Kinnear
    McCarthy (well we will see)
    Coyle possibly
    could hack it.

Reviews

hot head keane was not cut out for managership great player now leave it at that...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    hot head keane was not cut out for managership great player now leave it at that...

Keane is young in management terms and it still learning his trade ....i think success came too early for him with sunderland in his first season.

As for being a hot head , look who he learnt his trade from ..............................

cloughie pucked the head of a pitch invader..

and fergie , well lets not go there

nbt

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    Keane is young in management terms and it still learning his trade ....i think success came too early for him with sunderland in his first season.

As for being a hot head , look who he learnt his trade from ..............................

cloughie pucked the head of a pitch invader..

and fergie , well lets not go there

nbt
    I know you love em really.

Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

He has proven he's a good manager with what he done with Sunderland.They were bottom of the championship and got them promoted the same season. He wouldn't be able to do that if he was a bad manager. The following seasons didn't go to well with Sunderland. But you have to remember they wouldn't be in the premiership only for him. If his progress was at a slower pace perhaps there wouldn't have been as much expectation from him. But it's clear that Ipswich is a team that isn't suiting him. He didn't get off to a good start there by saying certain players would never play again for the team after one bad game. It looks like he's lost the dressing room. Clough could get away with that at Leeds as he could always get another job. It looks like a big mistake going to Ipswich and could prove costly to his managerial career. His biggest problem is himself. He thinks he has the potential to be as good as Ferguson and Clough. But Championship or a mid table Premiership club are about his level. He's still young and can improve though.
    Last edited by thehighwayman; 04-10-09 at 10:48.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Default Not LEEDS .

Brian Clough`s success came as manager of Nottingham Forrest and won consecutive European Cups,present day equivalent of winning the Champions League.Disgrace he was overlooked to manage National Team.Keane played under him in the early nineties I recall.

8. Default

yes keane played for him clough was the greatest manager ever, unfortuantely the only thing keano learnt from him was to have an ego the size of a planet. he(keane)was a great player but couldnt manage to go to the shops on his own,plus he betrayed his countryv and i say this as a true corkonian

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by seaniemor View Post
    yes keane played for him clough was the greatest manager ever, unfortuantely the only thing keano learnt from him was to have an ego the size of a planet. he(keane)was a great player but couldnt manage to go to the shops on his own,plus he betrayed his countryv and i say this as a true corkonian
    I agree with some of what you say Seanie but lets not forget that were it not for Keane that Ireland would not have qualified for the 2002 World Cup in the first place. He was used to the best of facilities at Old Trafford and just would not settle for anything less with the national team just before the start of the greatest international football tournament on the planet.

Im also not sure about your statement about Brian Clough being the greatest ever manager either.
    Im sure the likes of Ferguson Shankly Busby Paisley Stein etc.would be in the shakeup for that title as well.
    The Truth is out there.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I agree with some of what you say Seanie but lets not forget that were it not for Keane that Ireland would not have qualified for the 2002 World Cup in the first place. He was used to the best of facilities at Old Trafford and just would not settle for anything less with the national team just before the start of the greatest international football tournament on the planet.

Im also not sure about your statement about Brian Clough being the greatest ever manager either.
    Im sure the likes of Ferguson Shankly Busby Paisley Stein etc.would be in the shakeup for that title as well.
    re:keane playing for ireland he was without a doubt in my mind probably one of the greatest players ever to play football in the world, but as a a maqnager he sucks big time. As to cloughie, booze and bitterness was all that stopped him. only manager in britain to win european cup back to back!!angels5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast