Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Democracy or dictatorship

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default Democracy or dictatorship

    What alot of people seem to be failing to grasp here is that we live in a Democracy,2/3rds of
    the people voted for something and a certain element dont want to accept it,that smacks
    to me of a dictatorship.Things are voted for and against sometimes ,i dont like it but if its
    the will of the majority i accept it in a dignified way.This country belongs to the citizens,all
    the citizens and if the majority of thoose citizens feel they want their country to move forward
    in a certain way or direction if u want to live in a democracy u have to accept this
    Europe like any other system is not without its faults what system is, but the majority of the
    people feel its the best way forward for this country so this has to be respected.
    The thing is each of us has a vote and if u are the richest developer or the poorest person
    in the country once ure vote is in that box it has exactly the same value and thats the type
    of a society i want to live in

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Again.................

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    This country belongs to the citizens,all
    the citizens and if the majority of thoose citizens feel they want their country to move forward
    in a certain way or direction if u want to live in a democracy u have to accept this
    thats bullshit and why?The Lisbon treaty was rejected already in a fair and legal referendum.So why wasnt it accepted and by who????By the very same politicians who are now free to do what they like.Why wasnt it accepted?Because they want their gravy train and speaking of dictatorships ,this is exactly what the EU will be.Its possible to have a dictatorship comprising of a group.

    When the next budget starts biting,the politicians still faling the ppl with excessive expenses and the money still not coming in from the EU then we will hear the whinging and it will be from those that voted YES.

    Westside.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    It's a dictatorship with something of a facade of democracy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Ooooops, were you not asking about E-I?

    Patricia

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Oppps

    Whats up?Have a think about it overnight.

    You yes ppl talk about democracy and acceptance and forget the history of the whole Lisbon fiasco.

    It would be the same as me going back to Anon and Karin and say "sorry folks,have to take the prizes back.I changed my mind."

    Plz,
    Westside.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,891
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Ooooops, were you not asking about E-I?

    Patricia
    I haven't seen the facade of democracy is it a new feature you're working on
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Ah no Sweetie

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Ooooops, were you not asking about E-I?

    Patricia
    dont be confused with iie.

    Westside.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,891
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

    It would be the same as me going back to Anon and Karin and say "sorry folks,have to take the prizes back.I changed my mind."

    Plz,
    Westside.

    Do it for the crack tell them you slept on it and you now realize their designs were shite
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,891
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    What alot of people seem to be failing to grasp here is that we live in a Democracy,2/3rds of
    the people voted for something and a certain element dont want to accept it,that smacks
    to me of a dictatorship.Things are voted for and against sometimes ,i dont like it but if its
    the will of the majority i accept it in a dignified way.This country belongs to the citizens,all
    the citizens and if the majority of thoose citizens feel they want their country to move forward
    in a certain way or direction if u want to live in a democracy u have to accept this
    Europe like any other system is not without its faults what system is, but the majority of the
    people feel its the best way forward for this country so this has to be respected.
    The thing is each of us has a vote and if u are the richest developer or the poorest person
    in the country once ure vote is in that box it has exactly the same value and thats the type
    of a society i want to live in
    Sorry but telling people to just respect the democratic will of the people is a bit rich.

    I respect the decision now made it's a pity our government did not do the same instead they set about frightening people into changing their minds.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default Second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    thats bullshit and why?The Lisbon treaty was rejected already in a fair and legal referendum.So why wasnt it accepted and by who????By the very same politicians who are now free to do what they like.Why wasnt it accepted?Because they want their gravy train and speaking of dictatorships ,this is exactly what the EU will be.Its possible to have a dictatorship comprising of a group.

    When the next budget starts biting,the politicians still faling the ppl with excessive expenses and the money still not coming in from the EU then we will hear the whinging and it will be from those that voted YES.

    Westside.
    The people got a second chance to vote on the treaty,because the issues that they were
    concerned about were adressed and extra guarntees added, and if the people felt strongly
    about it they would have rejected it again,but instead they accepted that their concerns were
    met and overwhelmingly endorsed it. This is not the first time that a matter has been revisited
    we already voted twice on Nice and have also revisited issues such as abortion.
    To me its true democracy when u are given a chance to revisit an issue,and change ure
    mind or not if u so wish because things progress and times move on and unless im different
    to everbody else a persons view on an issue can change over time and with changing
    circumstances and the gaining of more knowledge on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •