Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p ireland

Blog Entries

Default Not to worry

Quote Originally Posted by dubguy11 View Post
    [IMG]Picture removed[/IMG]
    youll cheer up soon enough.All the EU money is headed your way.

LOL
    Westside.
    Last edited by luther; 03-10-09 at 19:17. Reason: Editing quote only.........

Blog Entries

Default Wrong the wisest words ever

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    The wisest words I've heard all day, "Peace my friend".
    would be the word NO at the polls yesterday.

What does Cowens shit taste like?
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by dubguy11 View Post
    [IMG]Picture removed[/IMG]
    Last edited by luther; 03-10-09 at 19:19. Reason: Editing quote only...........

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Ull have to clarify something for me here,to the best of my knowledge when Bobby Sands
    died the Irish republic consisted of 26 counties which it still does today,so pray tell how did he die
    to gain me my freedom?Im fairly certain i already had it
    first of all....the republic you speak of is not the one set out in the 1916 proclaimation....your independance and your right to vote in irish elections....wer fought and died for by people like bobby..god rest his soul...now i believe that irish independance was never really achieved..i dont think ..pearse connolly ..or even our own great tom barry.....or bobby..would ever agree to a foreign power being able to superseed irish courts ...or dail eireann....our day will come...but i think it is father away then ever

Reviews

Exclamation wankers

who gives a fuck, weather it was yes or no, voted yesterday, who ever runs this country they stii be a pack ov wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Mixed up

Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post
    first of all....the republic you speak of is not the one set out in the 1916 proclaimation....your independance and your right to vote in irish elections....wer fought and died for by people like bobby..god rest his soul...now i believe that irish independance was never really achieved..i dont think ..pearse connolly ..or even our own great tom barry.....or bobby..would ever agree to a foreign power being able to superseed irish courts ...or dail eireann....our day will come...but i think it is father away then ever
    Ure a little mixed up here im afraid we didnt acheive any form of independence in 1916 what u are refering to is a proclamation, which was not the agreement reached finally

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    make no bones about it.The best thing for Ireland now is to get Sinn Fein into gov.I know they wont have enough to make a majority gov but at least we will have some bit of a say remaining.

Westside.
    Are you absolutely crazy: "the best thing for Ireland now is to get Sinn Fein into Government". If Sinn Fein got into Government, the only growth industry would be suitcase sales as people would require plenty of them to pack their things in prior to leaving the country. It would be an absolute DISASTER if they ever got near the reins of power. End of.

Default correction

Ure a little mixed up here im afraid we didnt acheive any form of independence in 1916 what u are refering to is a proclamation, which was not the agreement reached finally
    sorry ber..i think ur a little mixed up here....i never said independance was recieved in 1916....wat i said was the republic of 1916 was never achieved..freedom for the free state only came after the war of indpendance

Reviews

Actually most of the people u have mentioned were openly pro European
    What does pro European mean. I'm pro European after all I happen to be European.

What I'm not in favour of is a federated European superstate run for and by the big powers in Europe with little or no regard for the needs of smaller states like Ireland.

People brush over facts like this but the euro has not saved us it has caused the hole we are in. The euro provided massive cheap credit that drove up the price of property. Interest rates were far to low during a bubble because France and Germany needed low interest rates it did not matter what Ireland needed. And now we are in this hole the normal way out is to devalue or permit your currency to devalue that is what the uk and us have done but we can't so instead they want pay cuts which of course will prolong the recession as peoples incomes are cut. But nevermind at least you don't need to change currency when you go to salou on your holidays.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Devaluation

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    What does pro European mean. I'm pro European after all I happen to be European.

What I'm not in favour of is a federated European superstate run for and by the big powers in Europe with little or no regard for the needs of smaller states like Ireland.

People brush over facts like this but the euro has not saved us it has caused the hole we are in. The euro provided massive cheap credit that drove up the price of property. Interest rates were far to low during a bubble because France and Germany needed low interest rates it did not matter what Ireland needed. And now we are in this hole the normal way out is to devalue or permit your currency to devalue that is what the uk and us have done but we can't so instead they want pay cuts which of course will prolong the recession as peoples incomes are cut. But nevermind at least you don't need to change currency when you go to salou on your holidays.
    Devaluation is a really bad option just gives a false sense of value in ure own country when u go
    trade ure currency is worth less so imports are much more expensive,during the recent economic
    slump it was suggested that Britian take this course of action but it was strongly resisted as it
    was seen as being a very bad option long term

As for the euro if we were not in the Euro at the moment i honestly think we vwould not get money to borrow from anybody,we can be very glad we are because the ECB will prop us up rather than let us drag the currency down by going under
    Last edited by ber; 03-10-09 at 22:38.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast