Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D-day

Blog Entries

Default I'd say you're quite the sprinter then.......

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    In any event i came first ,the dog second and the bull last

Get fun,
    Westside.
    Must be the genes.............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Having said that

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Now westie i will try answer ure comments one by one
    1 There is a rigorous testing policy in meat factories for hormones and antibiotics and also
    when carcasses are hanging its quite easy to a trained eye to detect any that are after being
    treated, therir is a minute detrection rate ,bottom line penalties are too severe if caught u
    could for sure say it would put u out of buisness.Every carcass of every animal in this country
    is examined by a vet aswell as having a vet view every animal before slaughter
    2The size of cattle this is down to the old chestnut of genetics /breeding we have with 15 years or so started to use continental breed bulls on our suclker herd which deliver an animal and carcass
    weight which would be approx a third greater than before.Also with the last 3 or 4 years bull beef
    has become popular as the animal will thrive better as a full bull(not castrated/bullock) so my
    advice westie dont go in the field if ure not sure as u may not get out aliveits quite
    common now to have maybe batches of 30 bulls in a field(Its much riskier for farmer handling theese etc but has become an economic necessity for many as margins are very tight)
    3 Cows aswell have got much larger as nowdays milch cows are mainly Holstein friesian now
    rather than British friesian before which are much smaller again the reasons are simple
    economics more energy in (bigger animal greater feed intake) more energy out(more milk)
    same applies to the beef cattle the more they can eat the bigger they get
    4Diet is also vastly different nutritionists are used to formulate diets now depending on
    what the needs of the animal are or the purpose its being used for ie fattening high energy/
    milk production high protein

I dont know much about breeding apart from The Manchild.The animals have definatly gotten way bigger.Some of the pigs are enourmous now.Having said that my exes mother was a pig and she was slim.

Must have being the breeding,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Must be the genes.............
    i was faster off the mark.Couldnt rely on my stride as i hadnt the advantage.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default You would have if you were going down hill........

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Couldnt rely on my stride as i hadnt the advantage.

Westside.
    Not bulls best angle..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123