My previous thread about reviews http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...views-not.html seems to have wandered a bit off topic, so I am posting a new one. Most people's intuition is that reviewers with few reviews are often fake. In that thread I posted some statistical evidence in support of this. Unfortunately, counting one time reviewers is not a very reliable way to identify escorts with fake reviews. There just isn't enough data for most escorts.
There is a much better number to use, but it takes a bit of effort to compute: The median number of reviews for her reviewers. What does that mean? Consider Eve. If we go through her reviews and count the number of reviews each reviewer has, and then put them in order, we get these numbers: 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 6 6 7 8 9 10 10 11 11 11 12 12 13 13 13 17 18 18 21 21 29 29 29 36 36 36 36 74. I've marked the number in the middle, which is 11. Half of her reviewers have at least that many reviews. This number is the median number of reviews for her reviewers. In general, a higher number is better. As you'll see below, 11 is a very good number.
In general, the higher this number is the more reliable the reviews.
As a measure of reliability of reviews, the median number of reviews for her reviewers has three big advantages:
- It's really hard for an escort to fake it. In Eve's case, if she wanted to raise this number she would have to create several accounts and write at least a dozen reviews from each.
- For most escorts it doesn't change much if we add or remove a few reviews. For example, Eve seems to have attracted a disturbed individual who wrote several reviews under various usernames. Those have been ratted. I haven't removed them from the list above, but it doesn't matter much; Removing them would only change the median from 11 to 12.
- It's pretty reliable even for escorts who don't have a large number of reviews. I would tend to trust it even for escorts who only have 15-20 reviews.
It's a bit of a pain to compute. Fortunately for you, I've computed it for all the escorts with at least 15 reviews, so you don't have to.
Before I give the numbers, there are three biases to be aware of:
- It's biased against new escorts. You can see from the list below that most of the escorts at the high end are either retired or have been here for a long time. There are several reasons for this bias, and there's not much I can do about it.
- It's biased against escorts who see at lot of new clients. It's not quite as bad as counting one time reviewers, but the bias is still there. Again, there is not much I can do about this.
- It's biased against escorts who are unlucky. I said that for most escorts it doesn't change much if we add or remove a few reviews. There are exceptions, like Anna. The numbers of reviews her reviewers have written are: 1 2 5 5 10 10 10 11 12 12 16 16 21 21 21 38 38 38 74. A median of 12 is very good, but she just barely misses 16.
It is very damaging for a new escort who sees a lot of new clients and who is just on the wrong side of a big jump in the number of reviews. I know Karin reads these threads closely, and she will point out that this is exactly her case.
I haven't removed rats or duplicates. That's mostly laziness on my part.
As always, no statistical measure can substitute for reading the reviews!
Now for the numbers. They vary a lot. Anywhere from 1 to 21! I've grouped them by median. Within each group the order is random. I've linked reviews rather than profiles so you can see escorts who have retired or who aren't advertising at the moment. Note that there are often several escorts with the same name; make sure you know which one you are looking at.