Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comebacks

Reviews

Default Comebacks

I see that Spandau Ballet are going to release some new songs to tie in with their comeback tour.
    After recent comebacks by the likes of the Spice Girls Take That and Boyzone I just wonder if anyone here has any opinions on these acts reforming.
    Is it all down to making money or do they feel that they still have the inspiration that gave them their original success?
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

Default New Modal Army are still at it

hardly a comeback because they never went anywhere.Some might remember them ,others wont.

Great band,
    Westside.

Reviews

Just to come back to this thread my favourite Spandau Ballet song is this one;

YouTube - Spandau Ballet - I'll Fly For You
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

Default Spand Ballet

always had to stand in the shadow of Duran Duran.If duran werent there then Spandau might have being recognise more.

By the way ,i thought Tony Hadley screwed other band members out of royalties?

Westside.

Reviews

Default Check this link

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    always had to stand in the shadow of Duran Duran.If duran werent there then Spandau might have being recognise more.

By the way ,i thought Tony Hadley screwed other band members out of royalties?

Westside.

YouTube - 80's Pop Years - Duran Duran v Spandau Ballet
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Tony Hadley and the other members were arguing over royalties for years. It seems they came to some sort of agreement in the end. All these comebacks, it's all about the money. If Martin Kemps acting career didn't take a dive there would be no way he would be playing with Spandau Ballet again. I see The Nolans also made a comeback.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Blog Entries

Default Most comebacks

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Tony Hadley and the other members were arguing over royalties for years. It seems they came to some sort of agreement in the end. All these comebacks, it's all about the money. If Martin Kemps acting career didn't take a dive there would be no way he would be playing with Spandau Ballet again. I see The Nolans also made a comeback.
    destroy a bands reputation.Unless the band never left the scene they shouldnt make a comeback.Almost all comebacks were brutal and a band is only as good as their last gig.

Another thing is a band should stay with the era they have arisen with.Look at any 80's bands that have became 90's bands and even 2000's bands and they are pratically shit.Duran Duran are a prime example.Their modern stuff is shit.U2 in my opinion became brutal as they went on.They were a great band back in the 80's,in the 90's they became sorta crappy and now they are a bunch of hypocrites with their save the world bs and their vote YES.The Edge tells us to vote Yes for a better Ireland?????????A fuckin tax exile?

give me a break,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post

This is just for you Highwayman

YouTube - Nolans - I'm in The Mood For Dancing
    The Truth is out there.

Default Mott The Hoople

Mott The Hoople were active from 69-74 and have announced comeback gigs for October this year !!!!

Would you believe that Queen were support act on their 74 American tour.

They announced 2 reunion gigs for next month, both sold out as have the newly added third , fourth and fifth.

35 years ! Now THATS a Comeback.

....and most if not all the young dudes will have never even heard of them.

Ian Hunter - MTH Frontman on Rock n' Roll
    Ian Hunter smiles. "It's cost me," he says. "But the minute rock'n'roll arrived, I thought, 'Oh – that's what I'm for.' And it's what I'll do till the day I pop off."

YouTube - MOTT THE HOOPLE -All The Young Dudes
    YouTube - Mott The Hoople - Roll Away The Stone

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post
    Mott The Hoople were active from 69-74 and have announced comeback gigs for October this year !!!!

Would you believe that Queen were support act on their 74 American tour.

They announced 2 reunion gigs for next month, both sold out as have the newly added third , fourth and fifth.

35 years ! Now THATS a Comeback.

....and most if not all the young dudes will have never even heard of them.

Ian Hunter - MTH Frontman on Rock n' Roll
    Ian Hunter smiles. "It's cost me," he says. "But the minute rock'n'roll arrived, I thought, 'Oh – that's what I'm for.' And it's what I'll do till the day I pop off."

YouTube - MOTT THE HOOPLE -All The Young Dudes
    YouTube - Mott The Hoople - Roll Away The Stone
    Showing your age Banned User, you must be nearly as old as me.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast