Thread: Is "Competition" the key to Men's happiness?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is "Competition" the key to Men's happiness?

I had a client tonight from Switzerland who was a Leo (god help me) and had some interesting things to talk about. He started telling me a story about a man who was held in a prison for awhile in one of those countries that holds foreigners for no particular reason.... And when they let him go finally, and he went back to his country and got the interview on how it was being imprisoned, he said all the basic complaints but "The thing I missed the most while in prison was competition".
    My client and I talked a little about this competitive need in men, and I admitted that I could see a big different in men's behaviour since the economy took a downturn here and in New York loads of financial industry men lost their jobs. Basically their behaviour is just plain shite, and they never behaved so badly like they are these days. I asked him if he thought this behavioural change was because they are lacking the competition they once had that helped them direct energy in a certain direction, instead of not having it go somewhere random, throwing it all over the place, and unfortunately in their appointments with me! We thought this could be true. Went on to say how men often refuse to retire because they just cant imagine not having the competition in the workplace. The drive for success and being the best they can be and outdo their coworkers. So this client and myself agreed on this topic, but then, since he is a man afterall, I went on to see to what extreme level the man's mind goes to in regards to defining competition... I changed the topic and talked about how I painted my apartment and was very happy with the colors in the hallway (totally off topic) and he announced "you see, you painted your apartment so nice, so you can compete with your neighbors apartments and have a better apartment then them."
    LOLOLOL I said "NO DARLING! O my god!!!! You are forgetting I AM A WOMEN! For a women its quite simple, we are designed to make the home cozy and lovely. Its not as complicated as you imply. I never even had a competitive thought cross my mind when I was painting. I locked myself inside for 2 weeks and just painted for the love of loving my home."
    I was completely amazed how his mind automatically saw competition in a very simple act of painting one's apartment. I know he felt very open to talk to me. We had agreed on a few things and he felt we were on one big common wavelength. But, wow, this sure made me think of how men and women are thinking very different on some levels.

So men, what do you think? Do you think that true happiness and contentment in men comes in the form of competing?
    1. competing at work
    2. competing for women
    3. competing in sports
    4. competing to have the best house on the block
    5. competing....
    Last edited by DollyDarling; 25-09-09 at 08:04.