Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrupt YES to Lisbon campaign

Reviews

Default Corrupt YES to Lisbon campaign

I couldn't believe my eyes when the president of the EU (who incidentally was elected president for the second term last week even though no EU citizen voted him in) came to Ireland t o deliver €15 Million from the EU crises fund. How fucking convenient that this has come just 2 weeks before the vote.

€15 Million is like beads to the natives.

It works out at a measly €6500 for every Dell worker for whom it is supposed to help.

Lets say our property debt is 90 billion.

To put that property debt and that 15 million into perspective.

If you owed €90,000 that would be the equivilent of your mate giving you €15 towards it.

The YES camp say we need Europe, we are stronger with Europe.

I say if Europe wants to help us then they need to put their hands in their deep pockets and give us more than a chicken feed insult to buy our votes.

Reviews

Thumbs down

vote no.....

3. Smile

Vote Yes Yes Yes!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MET-RX View Post
    Vote Yes Yes Yes!
    Why yes ?

Do you want to lose more jobs to Eastern Europe ?

Blog Entries

Default The yes campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    I couldn't believe my eyes when the president of the EU (who incidentally was elected president for the second term last week even though no EU citizen voted him in) came to Ireland t o deliver €15 Million from the EU crises fund. How fucking convenient that this has come just 2 weeks before the vote.

€15 Million is like beads to the natives.

It works out at a measly €6500 for every Dell worker for whom it is supposed to help.

Lets say our property debt is 90 billion.

To put that property debt and that 15 million into perspective.

If you owed €90,000 that would be the equivilent of your mate giving you €15 towards it.

The YES camp say we need Europe, we are stronger with Europe.

I say if Europe wants to help us then they need to put their hands in their deep pockets and give us more than a chicken feed insult to buy our votes.
    are manipulating the polls to make it look like more ppl are going to vote YES.I said it before and im saying it again.Anybody that voted NO last time who votes YEs this time ,has no self respect and has given into scare tactics.

Vote NO!
    Westside

6. Smile

Voting Yes will save us being asked to vote again!

Blog Entries

Default Thats true

Quote Originally Posted by MET-RX View Post
    Voting Yes will save us being asked to vote again!
    but we can always vote NO next time.

Westside.

Nothing about the lies from the NO side I notice. Coir (whoever they are) would have us believe that the minimum wage could drop to €1.84 if the Lisbon Treaty is passed. UTTER BULLSHIT. There is nothing in the Lisbon Treaty to force any Government to set a rate for the minimum wage. This is just one of the many lies being perpetrated by the NO side.

And incidentally, what were the UKIP doing over here during the week so?. If you slag off the President of the European Commission for interfering, surely to be consistent you should condemn the UKIP for interfering too?????

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by *Superman View Post
    Nothing about the lies from the NO side I notice. Coir (whoever they are) would have us believe that the minimum wage could drop to €1.84 if the Lisbon Treaty is passed. UTTER BULLSHIT. There is nothing in the Lisbon Treaty to force any Government to set a rate for the minimum wage. This is just one of the many lies being perpetrated by the NO side.

And incidentally, what were the UKIP doing over here during the week so?. If you slag off the President of the European Commission for interfering, surely to be consistent you should condemn the UKIP for interfering too?????
    I think the point about the minimum rate needs to be elaborated, it is not that they would force a drop in our minimum wage but the European court of law upheld cases in both Switzerland and France the right of a company to hire staff from another member state and pay them that member states minimum wage and not that of the country they are working in and if the treaty is passed it would give EU law extra powers to impose the same decision should companies here try it again, (irish ferries wasn't it??)

Reviews

It took nearly 1000 years to gain independence and 90 to fuck it away
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast