Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scumbag

Reviews

Angry Scumbag

From MSN

By RTE.ie, Copyright © RTÉ, Updated: 18/09/2009

Pensioner's killer to serve 23 years

A man who murdered his 77-year-old neighbour has been told he will serve at least 23 years in jail.

Robert George Harvey, 37, pleaded guilty to killing Tilly Campbell at her home in Barnagh Park in Donaghadee, Co Down, on 7 October 2006.

Belfast Crown Court heard that Harvey had smashed his way into the pensioner's home and beat her with an axe.

Fire crews, who were called to Ms Campbell’s Donaghadee home after neighbours reported seeing smoke, found her lying dead in her bedroom.

Mr Justice Hart said the ‘exceptional brutality’ of the crime, coupled with Harvey's violent criminal record and a pre-sentence report, indicated that he posed a ‘serious risk of harm to the public’.

During his trial the court heard that on the night of the murder, a drunken Harvey had ploughed all his money into a poker machine.

He then broke into the frail pensioner’s house, battered her with an axe and, as she lay dying, ransacked her house before setting fire to it.

Today Harvey, who pleaded guilty to the murder, was told that he must serve at least 23 years in prison before being considered for parole.

In normal circumstances I would not support the death penalty but in the case of this scumbag I would be only too happy to make an exception.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Why oh why did we ever get rid of hanging?

Reviews

Thumbs down babe!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    Sad thing as well he will probably be walking the streets in 10 years
    kelly, babe this is a serious isue westcorklad has brought up, and would like honest opinions, not for you to advertise your tour dates, theres a place for them,

thank you.

and yea ur right he be out in 10 years or less!!!!!!!! should hang the twat!

Reviews

Thumbs up paths crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    Don't be so rude to me this is a serious topic I was merly comenting on it saying the bast**d will probably be walking the streets in 10 years as they don't stay in jail for the entire term,

So don't be so rude saying I'm advertising my tour dates on the topic as I'm not the tour dates are on my signature and I'm not going to logg in remove it to write a comment and then go back in and put them on again
    so don't jump down my throat, cheer up and stop being nasty as I've not done anything onyou Hun
    i wasnt jumping down your throat kelly, was just makeing a point, if i offended you then sorry young lady, as i no are paths havnt crossed so i apologise,

thank you!

Reviews

I did a thread about bringing back the death penalty this is an example of why it must be brought back if there was any justice after this 'thing' goes to prison it would be that he would be killed by another prisoner the cunt has no right to breath fresh air....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    I did a thread about bringing back the death penalty this is an example of why it must be brought back if there was any justice after this 'thing' goes to prison it would be that he would be killed by another prisoner the cunt has no right to breath fresh air....
    Unfortunately the reality is that he will be treated like a hotel guest at taxpayers expense and will indeed probably be out on the streets within 15 years or so.
    Where is the justice in that could someone tell me.?
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Unfortunately the reality is that he will be treated like a hotel guest at taxpayers expense and will indeed probably be out on the streets within 15 years or so.
    Where is the justice in that could someone tell me.?
    There is no justice my friend it costs 70K annually to keep a prisoner in Limerick prison 120K to keep one in Portlaoise crazy isn't it?..

I'm all for the death penalty on one condition.

If an innocent person is ever executed all those that support the death penalty must be in turn executed for the murder of that innocent person as it is obviously their fault.

An eye for an eye as it were. Can't be fairer than that can I ?

Blog Entries

People like that should be lined up and shot-they'll never be rehabilitated so what is the point of keeping them,'' at taxpayers expense'', locked up, hopefully painfully wasting away.

Now, I'm not for the death penalty, but some cases where it can be shown beyond a responsible doubt that 'such and such; is responsible for the callous disregard for someone's health, safety and well-being should be taken out.

He'll be maybe 55 years old when he gets out-no good to society, too institutionalized to function in a normal society, if there's such a place by then.

I've a strong feeling that in coming decades, this, wasting money, keeping beyond ever being rehabilitated crinimals, in prisons is something society is going to have to seriously deal with. What is the point of throwing good money after bad?

And, I bet this wasn't the only offence this person has committed

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    I'm all for the death penalty on one condition.

If an innocent person is ever executed all those that support the death penalty must be in turn executed for the murder of that innocent person as it is obviously their fault.

An eye for an eye as it were. Can't be fairer than that can I ?
    Alec in the case of this bastard there is no doubt about his guilt.
    The Truth is out there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast