Thread: Debs Ball

Reviews

Default Debs Ball

From todays Irish Examiner

Debs condoms: responsible or reckless?
    By Eoin English

Thursday, September 03, 2009

STUDENTS acting responsibly or every parent’s nightmare?

Guests at a debs ball will have a wider choice than normal tonight when they are presented with free condoms when they sit down to eat.

The organisers, who have just graduated from a Catholic girl’s school on Cork’s northside, placed dozens of contraceptives on tables in the function room of the Montenotte Hotel in preparation for the ball.

More than 70 couples are due to attend the dinner dance, which has been arranged by a committee of former students of St Vincent’s Secondary School. Most of the guests are aged between 17 and 19.

Organisers have supplied a single condom for each couple as part of the formal place setting.

A spokesperson for the debs committee confirmed they discussed the issue and first planned to offer condoms to guests as a joke – possibly in a surprise bag.

But she said it was then decided to place the contraceptives, as well as flavoured lubricating gel, on the tables in an effort to promote safe sex.

"It is a responsible thing to do. People are going to be drunk and things will happen," she said.

A spokesman for the four star hotel said he was not aware of the initiative but said it is a matter for the organisers of what is essentially a private event.

Andy Walker, the health promotion manager of the HSE South, said it’s a good idea "in principle".

He stressed that sexual health experts would not encourage sexual activity among teenagers over the age of consent.

"But if young people are sexually active then condoms are the minimum precaution," he said.

However, Mary Crilly, the director of the Sexual Violence Centre in Cork, urged caution.

"I appreciate what the organisers are trying to do but I don’t think throwing condoms on the table is the right approach," she said.

While some parents will say such an initiative might encourage sexual activity, Ms Crilly said using condoms "in this day and age is the sensible approach".

But she said a wider discussion around sexual relations should take place first.

"There should be a wider discussion first to let people know the ground rules – and not just throw condoms on the table.

"There is huge excitement at debs balls. People are having a great time, getting drunk and things happen.

"But this sounds like a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. And it might put pressure on young girls who don’t want to be sexually active. Condoms on the table? It’s the wrong time and wrong place."

Is this the start of a new trend ?
    Can we now expect to see condoms on restaurant menus as well?
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    from todays irish examiner

debs condoms: Responsible or reckless?
    By eoin english

thursday, september 03, 2009

students acting responsibly or every parent’s nightmare?

Guests at a debs ball will have a wider choice than normal tonight when they are presented with free condoms when they sit down to eat.

The organisers, who have just graduated from a catholic girl’s school on cork’s northside, placed dozens of contraceptives on tables in the function room of the montenotte hotel in preparation for the ball.

More than 70 couples are due to attend the dinner dance, which has been arranged by a committee of former students of st vincent’s secondary school. Most of the guests are aged between 17 and 19.

Organisers have supplied a single condom for each couple as part of the formal place setting.

A spokesperson for the debs committee confirmed they discussed the issue and first planned to offer condoms to guests as a joke – possibly in a surprise bag.

But she said it was then decided to place the contraceptives, as well as flavoured lubricating gel, on the tables in an effort to promote safe sex.

"it is a responsible thing to do. People are going to be drunk and things will happen," she said.

A spokesman for the four star hotel said he was not aware of the initiative but said it is a matter for the organisers of what is essentially a private event.

Andy walker, the health promotion manager of the hse south, said it’s a good idea "in principle".

He stressed that sexual health experts would not encourage sexual activity among teenagers over the age of consent.

"but if young people are sexually active then condoms are the minimum precaution," he said.

However, mary crilly, the director of the sexual violence centre in cork, urged caution.

"i appreciate what the organisers are trying to do but i don’t think throwing condoms on the table is the right approach," she said.

While some parents will say such an initiative might encourage sexual activity, ms crilly said using condoms "in this day and age is the sensible approach".

But she said a wider discussion around sexual relations should take place first.

"there should be a wider discussion first to let people know the ground rules – and not just throw condoms on the table.

"there is huge excitement at debs balls. People are having a great time, getting drunk and things happen.

"but this sounds like a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. And it might put pressure on young girls who don’t want to be sexually active. Condoms on the table? It’s the wrong time and wrong place."

is this the start of a new trend ?
    fantastic idea,the last thing we need is an epidemic of bogger badies from cork
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Reviews

What is it about the Montenette it always attreacts contraversy
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Commendable organisation

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    From todays Irish Examiner

Debs condoms: responsible or reckless?
    By Eoin English

Thursday, September 03, 2009

STUDENTS acting responsibly or every parent’s nightmare?

The organisers, who have just graduated from a Catholic girl’s school on Cork’s northside, placed dozens of contraceptives on tables in the function room of the Montenotte Hotel in preparation for the ball.

More than 70 couples are due to attend the dinner dance, which has been arranged by a committee of former students of St Vincent’s Secondary School. Most of the guests are aged between 17 and 19.

"It is a responsible thing to do. People are going to be drunk and things will happen," she said.

Andy Walker, the health promotion manager of the HSE South, said it’s a good idea "in principle".

"But if young people are sexually active then condoms are the minimum precaution," he said.

However, Mary Crilly, the director of the Sexual Violence Centre in Cork, urged caution.

"I appreciate what the organisers are trying to do but I don’t think throwing condoms on the table is the right approach," she said.

While some parents will say such an initiative might encourage sexual activity, Ms Crilly said using condoms "in this day and age is the sensible approach".

"There should be a wider discussion first to let people know the ground rules – and not just throw condoms on the table.

"There is huge excitement at debs balls. People are having a great time, getting drunk and things happen.

"But this sounds like a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. And it might put pressure on young girls who don’t want to be sexually active. Condoms on the table? It’s the wrong time and wrong place."

Is this the start of a new trend ?
    What i really got from this is that the organisers should be highly commended for several reasons
    1 They got an inkling that some of the little darlings are up for a bit of Anal so they supplied
    lube,dont want em walking funny the following day
    2 Gave the little ladies choclates so that they can do too of their fave things at the same time
    3 The master stroke the location, if the hint of the CONDOM,LUBE,CHOCLATES isnt enough
    the little lads can excuse themselves on the pretence of going for a fag and run out the back
    down to the apts and they are guarnteed to score a quick shag. Then with the pressure
    released they can load on the wkd and bacardi breezers into the little lady and he might
    still use his condom

PS My only slight reservation is that they only gave one condom,theese are virile young men i think a 3 pack would have been more appropriate

Cork leading the country in every respect

Reviews

all i want to know,,,

where were these dirty bitches when i had my grads

nbt

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Lube

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    all i want to know,,,

where were these dirty bitches when i had my grads

nbt
    Was because what they heard about u that they decided on the lube as
    the new crop might be like u So u have contributed

Default A subtle hint.

If I was a father of one of the girls I would stand outside the building and hand out photos of animals being castrated to all the young men entering.

Say nothing, simply hand out the cards.....