Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A disgrace

Blog Entries

Default Except

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    I know it was not pretty to watch but less face it we were all glad to see McCarthy take the legs from under anyone thinking of heading anywhere near the vicinity of Bonner's end of the pitch.
    Scillacgie (spelling)

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westsidex View Post
    maradona was a great football player but couldnt compare to pele.maradona was just like tyson.if things were going great for him ,he was the great guy but if things started going against him he had to turn to shit tactics.off the pitch he couldnt control his head.while i wouldnt put mcgrath in the same category as maradona,maradona was no pele.in fact best was way better than maradona.i would say the best footballers ever were pele,george best and stanley mattehews.

Tiger woods is a great golfing legend i guess but not alot can happen to you in golf bar a bird shitting on your head.what im saying is boxing,cycling etc are harder sports as far as mentality and physicality goes than golf.golf is purely techniqcal.i know ill get stick from golfers over that but it just doesnt take as much out of the body as some sports do.what im getting at is ali and armstron were not only legends but legends in very very difficult sports as well.

Awaiting the swinging of golf clubs,
    westside.
    dear god,i havent logged on in a few days and the first thing i see when i come back is that west is still rambling on about whos a legend or not,this will be the end of you west,let it go man.its not good for you.

By the way im a legend
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Reviews

Yo westie.
    You claim not to follow football but yet you know enough to work out that paul McGrath wasent a world class player.
    For the record he was a center half not a full back. And could play center midfield at international level.
    Not bad for a drunk.
    Drink ruined George Best as well. He wasent a bad player either.
    ”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

Blog Entries

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    Yo westie.
    You claim not to follow football but yet you know enough to work out that paul McGrath wasent a world class player.
    For the record he was a center half not a full back. And could play center midfield at international level.
    Not bad for a drunk.
    Drink ruined George Best as well. He wasent a bad player either.
    Imagine how good Best would have being without it???He was undoubtedly a footballing legend although no Mensa membership for him.I do not follow football at ,nope but i didnt say McGrath wasnt a world class player.I said he wasnt a sporting legend ,football or otherwise.Your not suggesting that McGrath was like than Pele,Best etc are you?These are footballing legends and bare in mind these guys hadnt the financial incentives like todays players do either.

Westside.

Reviews

Surprised you didnt consider your buddy Ben Johnson as being a legend
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    but you see Johnson was royally screwed by Carl Lewis,The US and The Olympic Committee.Johnson never lasted long enough to prove his greatest which he would have undoubtedly have done.His career was destroyed for taking a steroid that was one fifth the potency of what Carl Lewis ,the winner took.

Lewis was a cheat,
    Westside.

Reviews

Thumbs up legend

lads, as a man utd fan, paul mcgrath was a good footballer but never a legend or in the same bracket as ali.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Maradona was a great football player but couldnt compare to Pele.Maradona was just like Tyson.If things were going great for him ,he was the great guy but if things started going against him he had to turn to shit tactics.Off the pitch he couldnt control his head.While i wouldnt put McGrath in the same category as Maradona,Maradona was no Pele.In fact Best was way better than Maradona.I would say the best footballers ever were Pele,George Best and Stanley Mattehews.

Tiger Woods is a great golfing legend i guess but not alot can happen to you in golf bar a bird shitting on your head.What im saying is boxing,cycling etc are harder sports as far as mentality and physicality goes than golf.Golf is purely techniqcal.I know ill get stick from golfers over that but it just doesnt take as much out of the body as some sports do.What im getting at is ali and Armstron were not only legends but legends in very very difficult sports as well.

awaiting the swinging of golf clubs,
    Westside.
    For the record Tiger Woods has battled back from a potentially career ending injury to maintain his position as World no.1.OK he may not be quite the player he was a year or so ago but to do what he has achieved requires a huge amount of mental as well as physical toughness.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 02-09-09 at 13:04. Reason: Part of post duplicated
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    but you see Johnson was royally screwed by Carl Lewis,The US and The Olympic Committee.Johnson never lasted long enough to prove his greatest which he would have undoubtedly have done.His career was destroyed for taking a steroid that was one fifth the potency of what Carl Lewis ,the winner took.

Lewis was a cheat,
    Westside.
    What evidence do you have to back that up?
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

Default Woods is a golfing legend no doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post

For the record Tiger Woods has battled back from a potentially career ending injury to maintain his position as World no.1.OK he may not be quite the player he was a year or so ago but to do what he has achieved requires a huge amount of mental as well as physical toughness.
    It does require mental and physical toughness but nowhere near boxing or cycling.

What happened Johnson was simple.He was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the US had to screw him.Back then the US team had quadriple hopes in the 100mts ,200mts,relay and i think the hurdles but i could be wrong on that and Lewis was their top on all four events.They knew that their was no way Lewis ,even with his stride advantage (luther Ber) could beat Johnson because he was just too fast off the blocks (luther Ber) So to keep their quadriple hopes alive they did the one thing that they could do and that was screw Johnson.A doctor in the US was to go to a tribunal hearing and admit that he administered Lewis with injectable testosterone but received death threats and subsequently withdrew his facts.

Johnson was shafted,
    Westside.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast