Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: Lockerbie

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ambiant
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Lockerbie

    The man convicted of carrying out the bombing of a Pan Am airliner in 1988, which killed 270 people, is to be released from prison in Scotland
    It is thought arrangements are being made to return Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi - who has terminal cancer - to Libya before the start of Ramadan.


    BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Megrahi: Profile of a bomber

    I'm shocked at this news of his release which will be confirmed tomorrow at 1pm he was brought to trial and convicted and should serve his sentance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Ronny Biggs and now him out, I reckon since the recession, prisons cant afford to keep them in anymore
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    limerick
    Posts
    3,241
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    In my opinion it doesn't really make an earthly difference if they are released now they are at deaths door.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Who cares where, whats that smell??
    Posts
    399
    Reviews
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle of Edinburgh View Post
    who has terminal cancer


    I'm shocked at this news of his release which will be confirmed tomorrow at 1pm he was brought to trial and convicted and should serve his sentance.
    Usually i would say no one deserves to die from cancer , but for me its way less than he deserves

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle of Edinburgh View Post
    It is thought arrangements are being made to return Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi - who has terminal cancer - to Libya before the start of Ramadan.
    And he should be shoved out at 31,000 feet so that he may fall screaming to his death the same way his 259 victims did..........along with the 11 on the ground

    I'm sorry if that seems harsh............

    I commend the Scottish on their compassion, I'm not sure I could be as forgiving in the circumstances....

    I have been thinking about this for the last few days, and I must admit, my attitude towards the whole thing does change from time to time as I try to view it from different angles.......

    Again I commend the forgiveness displayed by the Scottish, I just hope it was not politically motivated..........
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    You don't fall screaming to your death from 31,000 feet - if the terror of being exposed to the open sky doesn't make you pass out, the lack of oxygen in the air at that altitude will, and you'll die of asphyxia before you hit the ground. Not that it ever erases the tragedy of such an event.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ambiant
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I just hope it was not politically motivated..........
    It seems that there is provision made for anyone who has 3 months or less to live and are released on compassionate grounds, however with all the wheeling and dealing that has been going on behind the scenes with regard to politics and trade with libya i'm beginning to think that this 3 month rule has just been brought out the bag.
    Still think he should have left jail a dead man instead of going back to a heroes welcome.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Mousey.......

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    You don't fall screaming to your death from 31,000 feet - if the terror of being exposed to the open sky doesn't make you pass out, the lack of oxygen in the air at that altitude will, and you'll die of asphyxia before you hit the ground. Not that it ever erases the tragedy of such an event.
    That's a much nicer way of thinking about it........ sadly it's not always true............
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    up to my neck in it !
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    That's a much nicer way of thinking about it........ sadly it's not always true............
    My Dear Boy Luther,

    Do you realise that by midnight this evening you should probably the most prolific poster in EI history.

    Well Done.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default I agree Elle........

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle of Edinburgh View Post
    It seems that there is provision made for anyone who has 3 months or less to live and are released on compassionate grounds, however with all the wheeling and dealing that has been going on behind the scenes with regard to politics and trade with libya i'm beginning to think that this 3 month rule has just been brought out the bag.
    Still think he should have left jail a dead man instead of going back to a heroes welcome.
    If there were political motives, I'd have no problem if they were done for the right reasons and not just for the sake of trade, money, business or greed. An insult the the momories of the victims.........

    Sadly now the appeal that some of the families of the victims we hoping for to bring out more details of what really happened will also not go ahead and they will never get the answers they were looking for.........

    The victims were afforded no compassion and you're right, he will now probably return a hero.......
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •