Thread: Good Anti-Virus Software

Reviews

Default Good Anti-Virus Software

Lads,

I need new anti-virus software. I remember there being a thread on here last year about how and why Norton and McAfee were shite. If that's true, can I get some advice from our tech-heads as to what's the best software to get on the high street? My PC's connected to the Internet quite a lot, and I download lots of stuff. I've also got that Windows Defender program and also Ad-Aware.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mousey; 16-08-09 at 17:40. Reason: I'm a Mod. Shhhh!

Reviews

I use Kaspersky, here is a top ten Antivirus poll, lots of options and lots of different opinions on this subject including those who think the freeware antivirus programs are best .. Make up your own mind then get Kaspersky LOL

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Busy

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Lads,

I need new anti-virus software. I remember there being a thread on here last year about how and why Norton and McAfee were shite. If that's true, can I get some advice from our tech-heads as to what's the best software to get on the high street? My PC's connected to the Internet quite a lot, and I download lots of stuff. I've also got that Windows Defender program and also Ad-Aware.

Thanks
    Arent u a busy little mouse all that downloading

Reviews

I find AVG Feee excellent and put it on every system I build and friends system along with malware bytes a very good anti malware program

Another two that i use are glary utilities (a good all-rounder for malware and registry problems and its got a few other tools included) the other is ccleaner a pure registry fixer

Lab

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Lads,

I need new anti-virus software... I've also got ... Ad-Aware ...
    I like Ad-Aware.

However my pick would be AVG FREE, which you can get for free at download.com

While you're there grab a copy of SpyBot Search & Destroy (also free) - a wonderful programme to protect you from spy-ware/mall-ware, etc.

Make sure to update them frequently and run scans every day or two (more often if you are a heavy downloader).

It's not a bad idea to pick a couple of other good free security programmes which you can run once in a while (but make sure they are not running all the time) just to pick up on stuff that your regular software misses.

And be cautious where you download the software from - many people have acquired very nasty spy-ware (etc.) in the course of what they thought was a safe download. The site I recommended, above, certifies that all of the programmes are free of nasties.

Hope this is of some help
    Last edited by piggi; 16-08-09 at 22:59. Reason: Typo, old-age and mania...

Default how to setup new antivirus system .

Good morning

I will buy new mac and was thinking what antivirus application to buy?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Sarah; 17-08-09 at 09:59.