Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Us pga

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    I have 100 on Harrington Without woods evens easy money

Is your house built on a fairy fort or something....talk about a Jonah.
    First Everton now PH and what about all your female friends with disastrous personal lives - Just one request- stay well away from me will ya, I havent written my will yet.
    Last edited by Alec Horan; 16-08-09 at 20:44.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Monopoly

Have we maybe witnessed the beginning of the end of Tiger Woods total domination of the modern game of golf . No major this year while he will remain the player to beat will the air of invincibility
    leave him . First time his been beaten in a major when he entered the last day ahead.
    This will surely test his hunger,be really intresting to see if he still has the total dedication
    and hunger he will need to get back where he was,with what he has achieved must be really
    hard to keep the edge

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Have we maybe witnessed the beginning of the end of Tiger Woods total domination of the modern game of golf . No major this year while he will remain the player to beat will the air of invincibility
    leave him . First time his been beaten in a major when he entered the last day ahead.
    This will surely test his hunger,be really intresting to see if he still has the total dedication
    and hunger he will need to get back where he was,with what he has achieved must be really
    hard to keep the edge
    I think this setback will only make him all the more determined to show that he can get back to where he was a year or so ago.If and when he breaks Jack Nicklaus record of major titles then he may start easing off the pedal who can say but anyway congratulations to Yang who has become the first golfer from Asia to win a major. I dont think too many people would have backed him to win the tournament before play started today.It just goes to show that in sport nothing is a foregone conclusion.
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Age

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I think this setback will only make him all the more determined to show that he can get back to where he was a year or so ago.If and when he breaks Jack Nicklaus record of major titles then he may start easing off the pedal who can say but anyway congratulations to Yang who has become the first golfer from Asia to win a major. I dont think too many people would have backed him to win the tournament before play started today.It just goes to show that in sport nothing is a foregone conclusion.
    This could be a big ask for him i feel age has become a big factor in sport Tiger will be 34 before
    next season takes off ,injuries are going to become more of an issue for him because he is such a big hitter there has to be wear and tear.I think Nicklaus has 18 majors so he needs 5 more to
    exceed him and the big 4 0 is approaching I think maybe its not the fore gone conclusion alot
    of people think that he will break the record

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    This could be a big ask for him i feel age has become a big factor in sport Tiger will be 34 before
    next season takes off ,injuries are going to become more of an issue for him because he is such a big hitter there has to be wear and tear.I think Nicklaus has 18 majors so he needs 5 more to
    exceed him and the big 4 0 is approaching I think maybe its not the fore gone conclusion alot
    of people think that he will break the record
    I take your point Ber but Woods is a super fit guy who if he wants to could go on playing at the top level for another ten years or more. Looking back at the statistics Nicklaus was 46 years old when he won his 18th major so Woods definitely still has time on his side.Look at Tom Watson who really should have won the Open last month at almost 60 years old.
    Guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 17-08-09 at 00:05.
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I take your point Ber but Woods is a super fit guy who if he wants to could go on playing at the top level for another ten years or more. Looking back at the statistics Nicklaus was 46 years old when he won his 18th major so Woods definitely still has time on his side.Look at tom Watson who really should have won the
    Guess we will just have to wait and see.
    This sport has gone like every other sport though
    careers are getting shorter,courses longer competition fiercer the bar being raised all the time ,game
    is totally different to when Nicklaus won his last major

Reviews

Default Harrington

Well we've seen it twice in 1 week chips the ball in to the water once last week twice lastnite, we've seen him interviewed we've seen his walk, lets be honest if Harrington hadn't a talent at the golf in the past its safe to say he wouldn't get a job in a chipper, he wouldn't last a week hes so fucking dumb, I could have visited Sexy Alesia with my 100

Blog Entries

Default Harrington is a qualified accountant.........

I was sad to see him throw it away in that fashion again, I think he had been playing some great golf lately, but making some poor decisions............

I don't think Woods is going anywhere for a while yet, nobody is consistant enough to really challenge him for the No.1 spot. If he can avoid injury I'm sure he'll overtake Nicklaus...........

McIlroy had a great finish.........

Great to see a few Irish names well up there..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I was sad to see him throw it away in that fashion again, I think he had been playing some great golf lately, but making some poor decisions............

I don't think Woods is going anywhere for a while yet, nobody is consistant enough to really challenge him for the No.1 spot. If he can avoid injury I'm sure he'll overtake Nicklaus...........

McIlroy had a great finish.........

Great to see a few Irish names well up there..........
    tiger has a lot left in him,hed won a cuple of tournaments before that so to think hes finished is way off,i reckon he will win at least two majors next year,you have to rember hes not long after knee surgery either.hes unreal.
    pitty mcilroy didnt bring a diff putter,he missed some terrible ones and only for it he would have been right up there
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Reviews

Default Anyway

its good for the game to see that Woods don't win em all. Paddy Powers paid out 1.4m euro to punters who backed Woods, they decided to pay out after the 2nd round when he was in front thinking that there would be no other result - Idiots!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast