Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The king of rock 'n' roll.........

Blog Entries

Default The king of rock 'n' roll.........

Elvis Presley passed away (allegedly for the skeptics) 32 years tomorrow...........

Any fans out there???

Any favourite songs, movies, live performances???

"It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

My favourite Elvis song would have to be Suspicious Minds and favourite live performance would be Aloha From Hawaii.I have done the Graceland mansion tour in Memphis.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

No doubting his talent as a singer. I just wish he would have played the guitar a bit more instead of thrusting his crotch at the camera

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default charisma

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    No doubting his talent as a singer. I just wish he would have played the guitar a bit more instead of thrusting his crotch at the camera
    Yes he had a good voice,very unique and i think most important he had great charisma but my god
    were his films some shite.What would have been very intresting if he had lived would he have
    devoloped like a Dylan,young,springsteen etc or would he have just faded away,personally i think
    his early death preserved his legendary status because i dont know what direction he would have
    taken to evolve his music when the sex appeal was gone

Blog Entries

Default He was in the right place at the right time.

In my opinion he was totally overrated.Couldnt sing well,couldnt play guitar well and couldnt act to save his life.He was different and that is pretty much what made him.There have being dozens of better singers ,dozens of better guitarists and dozens of better dancers.He was good for what he did when he did it but he is way down the line as far as ability goes.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    In my opinion he was totally overrated.Couldnt sing well,couldnt play guitar well and couldnt act to save his life.He was different and that is pretty much what made him.There have being dozens of better singers ,dozens of better guitarists and dozens of better dancers.He was good for what he did when he did it but he is way down the line as far as ability goes.

Westside.
    Well I guess you must be right and all the millions of Elvis fans throughout the world are all wrong about his talents.

By the way Im still waiting to see the review of that massage you said you were going to have the other evening
    The Truth is out there.

Blog Entries

Default I never said he wasnt talented

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Well I guess you must be right and all the millions of Elvis fans throughout the world are all wrong about his talents.

By the way Im still waiting to see the review of that massage you said you were going to have the other evening
    read my post again.I said he was in the right place at the right time.I believe this fact more than his ability was the main reason for his success.

Take his singing.Freddie Mercury would blow him away yet isnt idolised as much.Take guitar.Lynnott would blow him away yet isnt idolised as much.His acting ability was shite.Take his charisma so,Flynn would blow him away.Take dancing ,Jackson would blow him away (by the way,Jackson would blow him away for brains too because at least Jackson had someone else kill him).

Im not saying that Elvis wasnt talented but he defo wasnt the best at anything,not even close to the best and certainly not to the extenct to deserve a title of King of Rock and Roll.That title was given to him by his fans and the press for?Yep he was in the right place at the right time with the right type of music.Of course ppl could say that this could be applied to everyone which it could i guess but in my eyes there has being far far better performers in all musical and theatre disciplines but its just some like Elvis just happen to be in the better place at the better time.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default I always like this one.......

"It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

Of course ppl could say that this could be applied to everyone...
    This could be applied to everyone.

Blog Entries

Default Pll could say it could be applied to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by piggi View Post
    This could be applied to everyone.

but it doesnt mean its true.Take Freddy Mercury who in my opinion had the best male voice ever as far as singing anything goes.The guy could sing pop,classical you name it.

I put it to you this way.Madonna is a very successful singer who could claim the Queen of Pop but she is nothing,as far as singing ability goes on Enya or Mary Black.What makes Madonna good is she brings a different brand of music to the table but she isnt the best singer therefore not the true Queen.Same goes with Elvis.He is way more famous then Mercury and has a larger following but when it comes to singing ability forget it.Murcury wins hands down by miles.These are only two egs plenty more.

Mecury had an amazing singing voice,
    Westside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast