Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Tattoo

Reviews

Default My First Tattoo

For the past few months I have been seriously mulling over getting a tattoo. Nothing massive, just something like a Celtic swirl around my bicep, or some tribal thing on one of my forearms. I don't really want to talk to anyone I know about it, as I feel I want it to be a private thing, so I have questions for those of you forumites who already have tattoos. I'm aware of the need for the parlour to be reputable and sanitary etc, and have narrowed it down to two places near where I live. I also know that I'll have to talk to the artist beforehand and can get any concerns I have out of the way, but I thought I'd mention it to your helpful people

How much are we talking, ballpark, for a design that I mentioned above?
    How much pain am I likely to feel?
    How long does the procedure take?
    How long before the tattoo starts to fade?
    What if the artist bungles the design and I dislike the end result?
    How long before it heals and can be sported openly?

Cheers in advance...

Price = Size and were you get it done around €160 for a piece the size of your hand
    How long = depends on size and detail of the artwork (mine took 3 hrs)
    Pain = again depends were it is if its a boney area then it will be painful. The pain you will manage I found it more painful a day or so after mostly from the bruising.
    Fading = red orange yellow fade a lot faster. Black stays a lot longer
    Healing = about 2 weeks for the treatment to be finished and you can show it off
    Bung jobs = never expeienced it so can't comment

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    For the past few months I have been seriously mulling over getting a tattoo. Nothing massive, just something like a Celtic swirl around my bicep, or some tribal thing on one of my forearms. I don't really want to talk to anyone I know about it, as I feel I want it to be a private thing, so I have questions for those of you forumites who already have tattoos. I'm aware of the need for the parlour to be reputable and sanitary etc, and have narrowed it down to two places near where I live. I also know that I'll have to talk to the artist beforehand and can get any concerns I have out of the way, but I thought I'd mention it to your helpful people

Cheers in advance...

Mine was 100 and is about 2" circular shape.I reckon your one depending on the design,size would be anything up to 200.

Not ,uch really.Depends on teh area.On the biceps you wont feel much.Its like a whole load of needles scrapping accross your skin fast.

Depends.

Brighter colours fade quicker.

Tough shit im guessing.

Mine took about three days.I heal very fast but i did rub vaseline intensive care lotion on it about five times per day.

One thing i will say is this.If your going for the forearm or bicep area but particularly the forearm have a good think about it and no rush because its not easy to hide one there.Get something that has a meaning to you.Dont just get a tri colour or something for the sake of it.

Westside.

cant handle the pain?
    then get AMETOP from your local chemist
    keep it refrigerated when storing.
    to apply break the seal and DOT onto skin.
    DO NOT rub in to your skin,dot it on then cover with cling film a half hour to an hour before your appointment.
    i worked in a tattoo parlour and this is what we recommended for tatts on feet and ribs etc for people who felt they could not handle the pain.
    the bonier the area or the thinner the skin cover on an area also dictates to an extent how much pain you are going to feel but it really depends on the persons own pain threshold.
    i will say though being able to sit through a bit of pain makes the end result even more amazing,you feel like you have really feicin earned the bloody ink after going through all the pain
    hope this helps

holly xxx

150 for half hour
    250 for hour

****genuine irish girl waiting to be satisfied so call me now boys****

Holly xxxxx

Blog Entries

Default One other important thing

not sure what age you are and what your career ambitions are but if your going to be in a professional job then i would think twice about getting a tat as in some jobs such a thing would be unacceptable.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    [B]

[

Mine took about three days.I heal very fast but i did rub vaseline intensive care lotion on it about five times per day.

One thing i will say is this.If your going for the forearm or bicep area but particularly the forearm have a good think about it and no rush because its not easy to hide one there.Get something that has a meaning to you.Dont just get a tri colour or something for the sake of it.

Westside.

bepanthen nappy rash cream is also brilliant and cheap too,you only need to apply it twice or three times a day for the first 3 days and it usually does the trick

150 for half hour
    250 for hour

Holly xxxxx

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Cheers in advance...
    I wouldn't bother, you can't get rid of the thing (at least I don't think you can). should you regret it later. I don't even like them on top of a girls' anal cleavage. I think they are childish and your hide is better suited without them.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Do you like this one.

Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irish holly View Post
    bepanthen nappy rash cream is also brilliant and cheap too,you only need to apply it twice or three times a day for the first 3 days and it usually does the trick
    Or Preparation H...............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Or Preparation H...............
    yes thats good too although i think its much better used for these types of things hehe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	12621  

150 for half hour
    250 for hour

Holly xxxxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast