Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolly Tear Tissues littering my floor

Unhappy Dolly Tear Tissues littering my floor

Have seen the film "P.S. I love you" twice now. Both times I just couldn't stop crying. Me; a girl who can see almost everything and not flinch. But this film just punches me right in the heart. It is just too close to home (home being me, being Ireland, being my dream once upon a time). I won't go into detail, but it is just so sad sometimes the way life takes a turn in the opposite direction of our heart. I suppose that is why I stay away. It just hurts too much to be teased by my dreams. To get a taste of freedom, to feel the essence of my core, and then have it snatched away. I'm afraid to return. I love your green isle too much. Love can be a most painful feeling, so bittersweet...

I suppose it will be just in one spontaneous moment, I will buy that ticket, maybe around 3am, as that's the time I'm most ambitious. But if I do, it is just one more heart break I'll be flying into. When I leave, it is one more piece of my heart I've left back in Ireland, buried with all the other golden treasures that go undiscovered on ancient fields where bogmen are still holding their still fresh and precious butter.
    Last edited by DollyDarling; 01-08-09 at 07:03.

Reviews

Dolly, procrastination is the thief of time...

click on the link

aerlingus.com, for the Cheapest Aer Lingus fares to and from Ireland, UK, Europe, USA and Dubai.

book

fly

Reviews

The myth of Ireland is what you're in love with, Dolly. Take a walk down main street Darndale or Moyross, or at how they're raping the landscape around Rossport and Tara, and you'll see another side of the auld sod!

Being practical, I think we give out three-month tourist visas to US citizens these days, and you can arrange to stay longer as long as you can show you can afford it. So the next time you come over, maybe you really can stay a while longer.

And you might even have some company too

Dearest Dolly
    The book is way better than the movie I read it before I watched the movie and it was really something that left me in tears as well...Try reading it its great..
    Im back in ireland now go on book that ticket and lets have some great moment in Ireland Kisses Alyssa xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    Have seen the film "P.S. I love you" twice now. Both times I just couldn't stop crying. Me; a girl who can see almost everything and not flinch. But this film just punches me right in the heart. It is just too close to home (home being me, being Ireland, being my dream once upon a time). I won't go into detail, but it is just so sad sometimes the way life takes a turn in the opposite direction of our heart. I suppose that is why I stay away. It just hurts too much to be teased by my dreams. To get a taste of freedom, to feel the essence of my core, and then have it snatched away. I'm afraid to return. I love your green isle too much. Love can be a most painful feeling, so bittersweet...

I suppose it will be just in one spontaneous moment, I will buy that ticket, maybe around 3am, as that's the time I'm most ambitious. But if I do, it is just one more heart break I'll be flying into. When I leave, it is one more piece of my heart I've left back in Ireland, buried with all the other golden treasures that go undiscovered on ancient fields where bogmen are still holding their still fresh and precious butter.
    Will MISS you all... For those of you that will keep in touch you know how to do this.... Take Care Kisses Alyssa Jenkins xxxx

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default HER father

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Jenkins View Post
    Dearest Dolly
    The book is way better than the movie I read it before I watched the movie and it was really something that left me in tears as well...Try reading it its great..
    Im back in ireland now go on book that ticket and lets have some great moment in Ireland Kisses Alyssa xxxx
    Well ladies her Father is the cause of more tears in Ireland today than Celia will ever cause
    Oh what a glorious mess he got us into

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well ladies her Father is the cause of more tears in Ireland today than Celia will ever cause
    Ber, Sorry, are you talking about the book? I basically understand why bogmen have fresh butter in the bog, more then what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Jenkins View Post
    Dearest Dolly
    Hi Alyssa Darling,
    Welcome back to Ireland!
    Yes, you give me some courage to return, knowing I have a friend awaiting my arrival. And of course, the men would love the two of us together in their bed

No, I didnt read the book. But the movie, in its visual form, really did hit home with me. She reminded me of myself and he is exactly the kind of guy I dream of being with. And I many times, had hopes to meet a lovely guy like that, and marry him, but it never happened. So I could just imagine how painful it would feel if you did have this kind of love and then lost him. I can completely relate to her. When I love, I love strong. But of course, just seeing the amazing Irish landscape as well, and the way of life, it is just so much more who I am then where I'm at now. Everyone has a frown on their face here in New York. You always feel alone here, no matter if there are millions of people around. The men have no chivalry here. I was told to Fuck off the other day when I misunderstood a man was opening the door for me, when I guess he was just opening it for himself but delayed going thru 'cause he was blabbing to a mate. So I walked in and said "thankyou" and he said 'fuck off". Isnt that the kind of lovely men we dream of being around?? They should and their mother's should be ashamed of themselves for not having better manners.

Yes, get me back to Ireland, where men want to impress and respect the women.

Reviews

Ber's talking about the author of that book/film Cecilia Aherns dad , our former Taoisach BBBBBBertie Ahern
    I have no signature at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    The myth of Ireland is what you're in love with, Dolly. Take a walk down main street Darndale or Moyross, or at how they're raping the landscape around Rossport and Tara, and you'll see another side of the auld sod!

Being practical, I think we give out three-month tourist visas to US citizens these days, and you can arrange to stay longer as long as you can show you can afford it. So the next time you come over, maybe you really can stay a while longer.

And you might even have some company too
    No sweety, it isnt the myth. I did live there 10 years you know? I had these little pockets of landscape I loved, and yes, I saw year after year, them get bulldozed up. I cried and crossed my heart in the sign of the cross as death came to the trees, buttercups, and long green grass, where I used to lie and feel the velvet texture against my skin. Yes I saw alot of badness there as well. I saw drunks who chased me and said they would throw me off the high cliff if they caught me. I had my car stolen 4 times in Dublin and my guitar, Cello, sound system, and suitcase taken from it, and only recovered the suitcase that was thrown down a back alley.
    You know, I'm just so bored here in New York. My life is moving but not moving. Like I'm sitting in a chair, just watching the clock of my life tick away. Never feeling moved, inspired, elevated. There was good and bad in Ireland, but there was balance. I would rather feel alive and moved then to feel nothing ever changes and is stagnant.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Wait till Dolly sees NAMA. Celia's daddy is one of the main authors of this story of dashed hopes and destroyed futures. It's basically set in early 21st century Ireland, but features a cast of millions wandering around aimlessly with an air of disbelief, shock, anger, hunger (for justice) and attired in mid-ninteenth century clothing, to evoke the atmosphere of the great famine.....the last time such missfortune and hardship visited the Irish people.

NAMA really will bring tears to your eyes, your pockets and your bank balance. After watching NAMA, the authorities had to restrict public access to tall buildings. There is really only one escape from NAMA.....death. But even then, your children and grandchildren will be left to pick up the tab.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 02-08-09 at 18:52.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast