There seems to be a lot of speculation about this, so I am going to clarify once and for all.

Last week, after some careful investigations, it was discovered that pats bodyguard was operating numerous accounts here in addition to pats bodyguard, namely:

niceboysarenice
Bigbadjohn
bigmoma69
bruce forsyth
clarence hilten
eoghan
gene hunt
hulkhogan
jasus
lordparker
nick cotton
princecharming
snot lizzy
willie dynamite

A number of these profiles were "troll" profiles. By that I mean they weren't comedy profiles that had just been used for a bit of fun, they were profiles that had been created with the sole intention of causing trouble on this site, breaking rules, posting abusive messages etc.

I do not think it is acceptable for us to have a mod who, whilst working as a mod, is deliberately causing trouble on this site via troll profiles. This was totally unacceptable to me and this was the final straw for me.

A previous issue had been Pat's Bodyguard's sly unbanning of banned users. A user would cause trouble on this site, a member or staff or a mod would ban the user, then 5 minutes or 5 hours or 5 days later the ban would mysteriously be lifted and the banned user would be back posting. This was Pat's Bodyguard's idea of a "joke" but it wasn't actually very funny at all and it caused a good deal of hassle.

Pat's Bodyguard was also very unhelpful and unconstructive towards me personally on several occassions recently. He wanted all these changes made to the reviews system, but because I couldn't do them all immediately he started acting like a spoilt child throwing his toys out the pram. Anyone who thinks I have time for this crap is sorely mistaken. The reason the reviews systems changes can't all be done instantly is that we are working flat out here. I can't tolerate people who are so immature they throw fits over not getting everything they want when they want it in these circumstances. No progress will ever be made if I spend all my days pandering to tantrum throwers.

There was also the ongoing issue which I had spoken to Pat's Bodyguard about numerous times over the last few months - His inability to be a team player and acting against the spirit of the modding concept. Numerous other mods wrote to me privately on numerous occassions over the last few months about issues related to Pat's Bodyguards conduct. Some of the other mods found it very difficult to work with him, and despite my talking to Pat's Bodyguard about this and explaining to him what the problems were numerous times, he essentially always ignored me and kept doing whatever he had been asked not to. Essentially, I don't think he wanted peace, I think he wanted war, and he took the piss out of me for really trying to make peace, by just ignoring me and making me waste more and more time on this crap when really he never had any intention of getting along with the other mods.

After I found out about the troll profiles last week I talked to our staff about Pat's Bodyguard and my own staff told me they couldn't put up with Pat's Bodyguard anymore. It was just too much of a headache and they couldn't deal with his crap anymore. My staff have never said this to me before about any user of this website, let alone a moderator, and really I can't have the lovely girls of E-I feeling unable to go on because of one mod who is hellbent on causing trouble.

This mass resignation of mods threat rumour is untrue. There was no mass threat of resignation from mods over this issue last week, not one single mod threatened to quit over this last week, and in fact I did not even discuss this decision with the mods last week, I was far too busy to, I only discussed it with my staff. However, there was a long history of other mods finding it very hard to work with Pat's Bodyguard, and I did personally feel last week that this situation had gotten so bad that, if I let it go on, other mods would leave over it, as they just wouldn't be able to put up with it anymore. Who knows if I was right or wrong, but that was how I felt. If my saying I felt that way is what started this rumour about a mass resignation I am sorry, but please allow me to clarify now that it was how I felt, there were no actual resignation threats.

Thank you

Pat x