Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: pat has sold e-i

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post

so ure opinion has not changed what u said and i heard u say this myself was that overall IIE was a better site
    The truth is that some people are only capable of viewing the world from an antagonistic perspective. For such people it always has to be a "them and us" situation. There always needs to be a conflict or tension.

But many of us do not see things that way. I have been a member of both sites for a number of years - I use both when punting, and post reviews on both sites. Both are useful resources.

At one time I preferred IIE wheras now I'm having more fun here...this does not mean that I have changed my opinion, rather it reflects the decline of IIE and the huge improvements here. However, I intend to remain an active member of both sites.

Presumably Highwayman is in a similar situation.

Ans as I write this I know that some people will be unable to grasp my point -- they will scratch their heads and ask "but what side is he on...?" because this is the only way they can make sense of the world.

Sad for the board and very limiting for them, I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by piggi View Post
    The truth is that some people are only capable of viewing the world from an antagonistic perspective. For such people it always has to be a "them and us" situation. There always needs to be a conflict or tension.
    Oh how right you are...........

Amen...................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default mEMBER OF BOTH

But many of us do not see things that way. I have been a member of both sites for a number of years - I use both when punting, and post reviews on both sites. Both are useful resources.

At one time I preferred IIE wheras now I'm having more fun here...this does not mean that I have changed my opinion, rather it reflects the decline of IIE and the huge improvements here. However, I intend to remain an active member of both sites.

Presumably Highwayman is in a similar situation.

Ans as I write this I know that some people will be unable to grasp my point -- they will scratch their heads and ask "but what side is he on...?" because this is the only way they can make sense of the world.

funnily enough Iam a member of both sites and i spent alot of time on IIE particularly in
    the chat room I WAS NOT the person that raised the issue and started comparing both sites
    it was Highwayman used do that although he stays quiet recently since IIE imploded.
    What essentially caused the demise of IIE was very little flexibility at the top and no
    transparency with david and jake showing outright arrogance when a little crisis devoloped
    their failure to deal with it was frightening just brushed it under the carpet hoped it would go away.
    Even recentl a lady blatantly infringed the rules and there was no sanction and what they
    basically said was eventhough there were rules there they could ignore them when it suited
    them.The site is paying a heavy price and the general updating etc is gone to pot,looks like
    thoose in power also realise it and are no longer putting in the time or effort

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post

What essentially caused the demise of IIE was very little flexibility at the top and no
    transparency with david and jake showing outright arrogance when a little crisis devoloped
    their failure to deal with it was frightening just brushed it under the carpet hoped it would go away...

...The site is paying a heavy price and the general updating etc is gone to pot,looks like
    thoose in power also realise it and are no longer putting in the time or effort
    Basically I agree with you - the "list" issue went through IIE like a dose of salts.

I agree, also, that those in power seem to be behaving differently...I rather suspected that this reflected a change in ownership.

I hope that IIe recovers and thrives - for the punter's mainly, there's a lot of decent people on that site.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234