Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has any punter had any eun ins with the cops

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    You do if you are stopped while driving a vehicle or if he/she believes you have been involved with illegal activity or a breach of the peace. If you refuse for whatever reason he/she has the ability to arrest you untill your identity can be ascertained. You do not however have to give him/her your date of birth, they sometimes ask this also incase there is more than one "Joe Bloggs" living at the address you give!!
    yes but they must tell you what your being suspected of , they cant just ask you your name and address unless they reveal their reasons.before they can uphold they law they must invoke it

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    yes but they must tell you what your being suspected of , they cant just ask you your name and address unless they reveal their reasons.before they can uphold they law they must invoke it
    That maybe the case if he stops you on the street but as I said in the road traffic act he can ask you and you must give it to him, now if you want to piss him off, go ahead say to him not till you tell me why you want to know or under what law do you invoke this authority to ask me for my details

(and when I say him i mean him/her )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12