Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spelling and Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    Mike,u cant b serious.9 times outta 10 i post sumtin on here im either on my fone r da computer in work,i have small windows in which i log on,read and reply in as short a time possible.in otherwords my spellin and grammar dont get a lot of thought.i just make my point as quickly and easily as possible.as long as the post can be read ane understood dats all dat matters.im not highly educated but i like to tink im a fairly clever person,and im certainily not lazy.im just stuck 4 time.im a sneaky poster.so who agrees wit me.
    Like 2 c u fix da grammar in dis post,my gud man.
    Agree. For us slow typers who have also other things to do it is a pain in the ass to check all the grammar mistakes etc. and type even more slowly.
    Using text format isn't a nice thing for others to read either.
    So if me (with no education in English) can take the effort to write full words and sentences, so why not others who grew up on English?
    On the other hand, this isn't an English teachers forum, so it's not a big deal but can understand why it's annoying for some.

Default Good woman

Good woman yourself anna. Thank you

Your english is reasonable, its not great, but not bad.

Would you consider going back to school?

I am like the spelling and punctuation czar.

Anyone out of line will be whipped

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-Roe-Soft View Post
    Good woman yourself anna. Thank you

Your english is reasonable, its not great, but not bad.

Would you consider going back to school?

I am like the spelling and punctuation czar.

Anyone out of line will be whipped
    Ehm....English is supposed to be written with big E.....I see you are only self-called czar, I'm afraid othres wont give you so much credit
    But if you want to take all this responsibility, i would be grateful for any corrections and whipping
    You see, I learn English only from what i hear or see here, so if people make mistakes then I automatically learn all the mistakes too which bothers me a little.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12