Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will lisbon go through this time?

Default Will lisbon go through this time?

Seriously who thinks it will?

Blog Entries

Default I doubt it will go through

Quote Originally Posted by peterbeirne View Post
    the goverment are only using it as a scare tactic.that we cant live without Lisbon.I know alot of the opposition are probably for it too but seriously do we have confidence in an opposition who cant topple the current gov?do we have faith in a gov that hasnt being honest since it came to power?

I hope not,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    the goverment are only using it as a scare tactic.that we cant live without Lisbon.I know alot of the opposition are probably for it too but seriously do we have confidence in an opposition who cant topple the current gov?do we have faith in a gov that hasnt being honest since it came to power?

I hope not,
    Westside.
    I think it was rejected by the Irish people as a sign of contemp or protest, I think most people don't even know what it's really about, they really don't care. Unfortunately business comes first to try and keep the country viable and I hope it goes through this time, this country is in the shits and anything that helps must be addressed. We just have to keep our heads down and try and fight this recession, we just don't need any setbacks, strikes and protests at this time can only do damage and run the bill up even higher, we just have to pull together and get on with it and take all that is dished out. So yes I will be voting for the Lisbon Treaty.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

cavanman Guest

Default When is no, not a no.

When is no not a no.

I hope it does not go through this time and believe that we are selling ourselves short with it. I still beleive the power of Europe is shifting to the heavy weights like France, Germany and we will be left begging for scrapps from their table. It is also believed that if a refenderum was required elsewhere the other smaller countries would also rejected it.

The Lisbon doc. is way too complicated to vote on in it current format. A friend who is in politics was telling me its the small print, the unhighlighted issues and changes that will never make it into the press that is escaping most of us and this is what we should be really worried about.

Does anyone really think that if we had said yes this recession would be less sever.

Its a no again for me.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Ratafied

Quote Originally Posted by peterbeirne View Post
    Ithink it will be ratafied quiet easily with Ganley out of the picture and the fact that some doubts
    have emerged about his finances and his motives and the fact that libertas imploded in the Eu
    elections and another factor is the fact Sinn Fein is against it.They just oppose everything and
    are very exposed in debate as they dont have any credible financial policy etc.The bottom
    line is the average person just dosent trust them still

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    I think it was rejected by the Irish people as a sign of contemp or protest, I think most people don't even know what it's really about, they really don't care. Unfortunately business comes first to try and keep the country viable and I hope it goes through this time, this country is in the shits and anything that helps must be addressed. We just have to keep our heads down and try and fight this recession, we just don't need any setbacks, strikes and protests at this time can only do damage and run the bill up even higher, we just have to pull together and get on with it and take all that is dished out. So yes I will be voting for the Lisbon Treaty.

what have ye done with rover

defo ure most intelligent post to date

nbt

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default severe

Does anyone really think that if we had said yes this recession would be less severe.[/QUOTE]

No i dont think the recession would be less severe as that was caused by mistakes made elsewhere
    but i do believe that if we vote no it will take us much longer to climb out of it.The truth here is
    that this is not so much about the content of the treaty but the fact that we must retain the
    goodwill of the larger states ,we have punched above our weight for so long and we definitely
    would lose that advantage if we vote no,dont for one minute think we will be allowed hold
    back europe if we vote no some political way will be found to circumvent it, and we will have
    lost our place amongst the elite and will slide into insignificance.
    Remember we are just 4 million people

Blog Entries

Default They'll vote no just to piss off the government.......

I think it was a no vote the last time because people either didn't understand it or felt we didn't need Europe, we were doing, in most peoples eyes, quite well on our own and didn't want to be sending any of our money into Europe, the feeling is different now, people feel that if we vote yes we will get help from Europe now when we need it, this is a short term view, but I think people will vote no out of contempt for the present government, just to get to them and show them the people still have a voice, all be it perhaps the wrong one.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    what have ye done with rover

defo ure most intelligent post to date

nbt
    Oh no it's not! Me Brown Sugar post this morning was.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

I think last time Irish vote for the Lisbon treaty Irish thought they were untouchable, rich enought to survice without Europe, and do not need Europe to go further. But the recession is heating harder Ireland than most others European countries.

And shown to the Irish they will struggle without Europe. I really thing if Irish had voted Lisbon treaty earlier they would have more help, and be less in deep recession. It is true Germany, Uk, and France are dictating more than others European countries but what can you do about it ? not much really. I think this time Irish will vote in majority for the YES. Just my little opinion

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast