Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: gym posers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    if a persons uses enough force something will rip.
    Westside.
    Wrong. If a person uses too much force something will rip...........

Left shoulder. Had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and removal of bone spurs.Happened as a result of pressing too much overhead and using cortisone shots.
    You see....... too much pressing..........

A torn left lower ab.Not repaired.I have atear accross the muscle belly 2 inches long by half inch thick deep inside the abs.Cause was doing the ab rollar from a standing position ,too much force.
    Again, too much force.............

Detached groin tendon.Operated around April last year.Cause a partial tear from deadlifting.Rather than fix it they removed the tendon from its insertoin and fixed it somewhere.Cant remember the name of the tendon but it was a minor one although the pain wasnt minor.
    Dead lifting too much weight........

Broken ribs.Broke two left ribs when i fell forward squating.Cause.Part of the game again,shit happens.
    Incorrect technique........

Part of training is knowing your limits, it's a misconception that the harder you train the better it is for you, this is not true as you have proven with all your injuries..........

You're obviously hard on yourself West and this shows from you level of injuries........

If you've been getting advice from a trainer, sack them, if not get one..........

Oh, and get well soon............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Ill explain

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Wrong. If a person uses too much force something will rip...........

You see....... too much pressing..........

Again, too much force.............

Dead lifting too much weight........

Incorrect technique........

Part of training is knowing your limits, it's a misconception that the harder you train the better it is for you, this is not true as you have proven with all your injuries..........

You're obviously hard on yourself West and this shows from you level of injuries........

If you've been getting advice from a trainer, sack them, if not get one..........

Oh, and get well soon............
    Im into powerlifting.I train to get stronger and im simply at a stage where the territory is dangerous.If something goes wrong it will go wrong pretty good.

Thinking about your post what your saying is correct but with most things a person will reach a point where technique is everything and also when no matter what they do to listen to their bodies ,the territory is dangerous anyway.Also at the beggining ppl are usually too inexperinced and simply not good enough to hurt themselves to the same extenct.

Weight is weight.The only way to lift X is to get under the bar with X on it and lift it.If its too much you miss or get injured or both.

As far as the trainer goes i cant sack myself lol i a qualified gym instructor and sports therpist (injuries).

Also to clarify what i said about anyone who hasnt had surgery knows jackshit about hard training,what i mean is to comeback from most serious injuries requires an awful lot of patience and also takes quite a bit of pain as well.you have two areas to cover,one being your training and the other being the injury rehab.

Westside.

Agree with Luther on this Westside. I believe in training intensely, if you are not wiped out at the end of a session..you are wasting your time. But I do think you can over do it, and that's generally when injuries occurr. It's a fine line though, no mistake about that. And always remember when working...no grunting, and no looking in the mirror

Blog Entries

Default We'll agree to differ

Quote Originally Posted by Novice101 View Post
    Agree with Luther on this Westside. I believe in training intensely, if you are not wiped out at the end of a session..you are wasting your time. But I do think you can over do it, and that's generally when injuries occurr. It's a fine line though, no mistake about that. And always remember when working...no grunting, and no looking in the mirror
    as far as mirrors go im so smelly in the gym that the mirrors fog up from the BO.Even air wick would leave its container around me.Im all shiny though when im out of the gym.I just love being smelly in the gym,its always quiet and ppl train at the other end.Nice and peaceful.

Giving the nose peg buis a recession boast,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 09-07-09 at 22:08.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    All I can say is that steroids cause infertility and your goolies to shrink.
    This is true a female friend of mine dated a guy with I have to say has a great body bodybuilder he was of course but she told me (after they broke up) that as a result of steroids he has a tiny mickey!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123