Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newfound respect for Michael Jackson

Default Newfound respect for Michael Jackson

Hello all,
    I'm just sitting here at the computer and lov'n google of course, and I decided to really start looking around for content on Michael Jackson. My search is for the good of his life, his accomplishments, the respect others showed him. I'm not interested in the gossip, rumours, or any negative information about him. There are enough people in the world focusing on that, and since I'm not a negative person anyway, I prefer to look at the good in things. I am finding so many impressive things on him, and its bringing me way back to my childhood memories also. I remember a day when I was so very young and I was on my friends front porch, and we were doing cartwheels down the steps, and I hit my head very hard and cut it. I cried and went home, but my friend felt very bad for me, and she gave me a cassette as I was leaving and said "This is my favorite music right now, you can borrow it and give it back when u come over again". Well she didnt say it in such a grown up way lol, but u know like little girls say. I went home and listened to the cassette and I loved it! I begged my mother to get me one. And I was from a poor family, so I was so delighted when my mother did get it for me. She was always encouraging me to be musical, so she made an exception in this case. Next time I went over to my friend's house, she said she would show me the moonwalk. Wow I felt so proud of myself when I did it. And I went home to show it off to my brother who begged me to show him how also. So there was my brother and I moonwalking across the house, and our parents just wondering what and how the fuck...

So I created this thread to only talk of Michael Jackson in a positive way. There are other threads if anyone wants to trash him, then go to those threads and keep it off this one. I hope we can share some stories, like I did, on how he influenced you in a positive way, things you were impressed with, ect.

Found this today. A beautiful memorial:

Sand sculptures of Michael Jackson, a guitar and his fedora ... - Yahoo! News Photos
    Last edited by DollyDarling; 30-06-09 at 04:58.

I would say I've never been as impressed with any other dancer more then Michael Jackson. Just look at the way he moves! He is unreal. Like if the whole persona of dance could take human form, it would become exactly like this.

YouTube - BILLIE JEANS BEST EVER MOONWALK

I can see the ultimate discipline in every part of his body. From the exact balance of left and right foot, flipping up his coat tail at certain points. As a dancer myself, I can see his discipline, yet he makes it look so effortless, like he is just floating, gliding, sailing along.
    Last edited by DollyDarling; 30-06-09 at 05:03.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres nothing like doin the big MJ squeeky yell right out of the blue with as many public as possible to laugh along, HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ................................................................................ .......................................... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I get to Ireland, can we do that on Grafton Street?

Default Dressed as zombies????

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    When I get to Ireland, can we do that on Grafton Street?
    Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooo Dolly, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh hey! Owwww! brill idea, all the way up and down the street, with a white glove and untied shoe lace, heeeeeyyyyyyy heeee! and go to the blarney stone then and do big aaaaaaaahhhhhwwwwwoooooo,s just when theyre about to kiss it

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    I would say I've never been as impressed with any other dancer more then Michael Jackson. Just look at the way he moves! He is unreal. Like if the whole persona of dance could take human form, it would become exactly like this. As a dancer myself, I can see his discipline, yet he makes it look so effortless, like he is just floating, gliding, sailing along.
    was he the greatest dancer of all time?

Reviews

Default Well done Dotty

There's enough nonsense being written about Jackson. He was a genius in his day, his day was in the 80s though. I never liked his music but could appreciate that he was extraordinarily talented.
    He was a very disturbed man mainly because of his upbringing. But he never had what we consider normal, he could never walk down to the shop for the paper.
    It amazes me that there are so many people who want fame & fortune even when it is so obvious that it fucks up these people.
    Look at how messed up George Michael is, Robbie Williams, Britney Spears et al. I am very happy not to be living my life like them, I'll forego the € in order to keep my sanity.
    These idiots looking for fame & fortune, most with absolutely no talent, are the cause of this celebrity culture we live in. I hate it. Everyone who subscribes to Hello, Howya' etc. etc. should be culled. This will help the human race eventually, the weakest being expelled from the gene pool.
    As for Michael Jackson, RIP. He is probably less distressed where ever he is now.
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

Reviews

As a boy with the Jackson 5 through to the 80s and early 90s he was the biggest star on the planet. He was the most talented at the time. He could do it all. He wrote some great songs which are classics. He was a great singer. He put so much into his performances. His dance routines were excellent. There was no one who could move like him. I don't think theres any artist who can do all these things. He was an all round entertainer. If things didn't go wrong with him he could have been as big as Elvis was in his era.

His influence lived on in recent years even though he hasn't been performing or releasing new material. New artists like Justin Timberlake, Ne-yo, Usher and many more all say that he's been a big influence to their music. The dance groups on Britains Got Talent would remind you of Jackson at his peak. They even used his music as the background for their routines. Some songs over the years have used samples of his songs for new hits such as The Tamperer - Feel it YouTube - Tamperer feat. Maya - Feel It
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Blog Entries

A musical and entertainment legend.........

ALL Michael Jackson Achievements Awards Records
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Shamone!

Hee hee hee!

Aaooww!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast