Thread: True love

Reviews

Default True love

With all the talk of marriage etc on the forum in the last couple of days I want to share the story of a couple I know, one of the very few couples I know that were truly in love right to the end. I was in hospital in 2015 for five long months, I met many people in that time, all seriously ill, several have since died. One couple I met truly stood out, let's call them Mary and John. Mary had cancer, a brain tumor. John spent about ten hours a day every day with Mary. They were both so positive, so determined to beat the cancer. John and Mary were together for 52 years, they couldn't have children which was a terrible pity as they would have been amazing parents. They were together 24/7 , they even had their own business and worked side by side six days a week. They holidayed all over the world together. The old saying is true "never go to bed on argument". John told me they had their disagreements from time to time but never went to bed without making up. They really were an exceptional couple to be so in love after so many years together. In 2015 Mary got the all clear but unfortunately in late 2017 her cancer returned. She fought bravely with John by her side at all times but in March this year Mary lost the battle, John phoned me to tell me the bad news, I was devastated for him. I'm happy to say however John accepted Mary's death with his usual positivity and is doing very well despite his terrible loss. If you're lucky enough to have found true love fight to keep it, it's a very rare thing nowadays.

Rip Mary
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (17-06-19), Emily2308 (17-06-19), Jinxed (17-06-19), Mr Sweet Guy (17-06-19), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (17-06-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    With all the talk of marriage etc on the forum in the last couple of days I want to share the story of a couple I know, one of the very few couples I know that were truly in love right to the end. I was in hospital in 2015 for five long months, I met many people in that time, all seriously ill, several have since died. One couple I met truly stood out, let's call them Mary and John. Mary had cancer, a brain tumor. John spent about ten hours a day every day with Mary. They were both so positive, so determined to beat the cancer. John and Mary were together for 52 years, they couldn't have children which was a terrible pity as they would have been amazing parents. They were together 24/7 , they even had their own business and worked side by side six days a week. They holidayed all over the world together. The old saying is true "never go to bed on argument". John told me they had their disagreements from time to time but never went to bed without making up. They really were an exceptional couple to be so in love after so many years together. In 2015 Mary got the all clear but unfortunately in late 2017 her cancer returned. She fought bravely with John by her side at all times but in March this year Mary lost the battle, John phoned me to tell me the bad news, I was devastated for him. I'm happy to say however John accepted Mary's death with his usual positivity and is doing very well despite his terrible loss. If you're lucky enough to have found true love fight to keep it, it's a very rare thing nowadays.

Rip Mary
    Thats a very sad story. Its only when we loose somebody that we realise what we had and then its too late.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Emily2308 (17-06-19), gonzo76 (18-06-19), Jinxed (17-06-19), Mr Sweet Guy (17-06-19), Mrbean76 (18-06-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    Thats a very sad story. Its only when we loose somebody that we realise what we had and then its too late.
    Not the story.

But death is part of the journey. It's guaranteed. Unless it's a child, I don't get sad over people dying. I pretend I do. But death is just one of those things.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jinxed For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (17-06-19), Mr Sweet Guy (17-06-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post

Rip Mary
    Sad to read this Mate and I really hope John may find happiness once again to his sad heart. Which true Love is something you never forget or who you fallen in Love with.
    What are remarkable Lady Mary was, and a fighter to the end.

A brave and kind heart man you are Mr Bean76 also. Total respect to you Mate, as you had to deal with lot in your life also. Hopefully your life is upward and onward for John and you MrBean76.

I read your review of Aysha and I had to pm you, to wish you well and I made a friend out if it
    You are a good Gent and a friend to, which many Ladies who met you know that to Mate.

Agree also if you in Love with someone it best feeling in the world. But when your Love one leave or taken away from you, it hit everyone different and that one of sad thing in life But do enjoy spending time with your Love one as you mention . Because time is precious to all who we Love or miss also.

Thanks you for your story MrBean76.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Sweet Guy For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (18-06-19), Mrbean76 (18-06-19)

Death is life and life is death.
    To live forever would be to rob your own children.

True love is to be found by looking in the mirror.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FinnMickC00L View Post
    True love is to be found by looking in the mirror.
    Things that make you go hmmmm

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed View Post
    Not the story.

But death is part of the journey. It's guaranteed. Unless it's a child, I don't get sad over people dying. I pretend I do. But death is just one of those things.
    Death is part of the circle of life but you've obviously never lost someone close to you, be prepared, when it happens it'll hit you like a ton of bricks!!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (18-06-19), bmw528 (18-06-19), Emily2308 (18-06-19), gonzo76 (18-06-19), Mr Sweet Guy (18-06-19)