Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I need an Irish number?

Love Do I need an Irish number?

Hi! I have a UK number and was told by a client that I won't get a lot of work since Irish clients don't want to pay to call foreign numbers and are suspicious of them.
    Is this true? I also have email, twitter, whatsapp, a website form and EI so plenty of ways to contact me
    Last edited by Floki; 21-05-19 at 10:09.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ophelia For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (21-05-19), patmustard (21-05-19)

Yes and no.

With no roaming charges it won't make a difference, but some phones/contracts/companies for what ever reason don't allow international calls, my friend's phone is one of them.
    If you're working in the north then that's UK and you won't need a different number, getting a pay as you go phone and SIM can be super cheap and I would highly recommend you get one of those so not to worry about missing any calls, work is quiet enough at the moment with out missed calls.

All the best

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emilyuk For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (21-05-19), Hagane00 (21-05-19), oldfool (21-05-19)

Buy a cheap Tesco phone and then text British Kristie that her Twitter account is suspended.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jinxed For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (21-05-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    Hi! I have a UK number and was told by a client that I won't get a lot of work since Irish clients don't want to pay to call foreign numbers and are suspicious of them.
    Is this true? I also have email, twitter, whatsapp, a website form and EI so plenty of ways to contact me
    UK sim ok for you but some guys won't want to ring if its going to cost them and you won't be getting many calls from the Cavan men and if you do, check location as they may have reversed the charges they're cute hoors

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cum4me For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (21-05-19), Jinxed (21-05-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    Hi Ophelia, If someone really wants to make an appointment with you by phone they are probably only be on the phone for a couple of minutes which shouldnt cost them the earth.If your planning on staying around for a while then maybe do what Mr. Jinxed suggested.
    Last edited by bmw528; 21-05-19 at 10:25. Reason: Otherwise known as Frank.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Jinxed (21-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by emilyuk View Post
    Yes and no.

With no roaming charges it won't make a difference, but some phones/contracts/companies for what ever reason don't allow international calls, my friend's phone is one of them.
    If you're working in the north then that's UK and you won't need a different number, getting a pay as you go phone and SIM can be super cheap and I would highly recommend you get one of those so not to worry about missing any calls, work is quiet enough at the moment with out missed calls.

All the best
    You say work is quiet. Is that every girl you know. Did the guards scare the fuck of everyone.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed View Post
    You say work is quiet. Is that every girl you know. Did the guards scare the fuck of everyone.
    Unless they have an unlimited supply of man power I dont think they are frightening everyone.
    Last edited by bmw528; 21-05-19 at 10:46. Reason: They would probably only do you for loitering around those massage parlours as they know your harmless

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

SteveB (21-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    Unless they have an unlimited supply of man power I dont think they are frightening everyone.
    I wasn't being literal by saying everyone. About the massage parlors, I wonder to myself how are they making money because they are on the busiest of streets in the center of the city. There is no privacy whatsoever. It's practically impossible to not be seen going into one.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jinxed For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (21-05-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed View Post
    I wasn't being literal by saying everyone. About the massage parlors, I wonder to myself how are they making money because they are on the busiest of streets in the center of the city. There is no privacy whatsoever. It's practically impossible to not be seen going into one.
    Well you know all the hotspots and they are pretty compassionate with people like yourself so i think in the long run you will be fine.
    Last edited by bmw528; 21-05-19 at 10:57. Reason: Just try and be your abnormal self and you will be grand

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Jinxed (21-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    Well you know all the hotspots and they are pretty compassionate whith people like yourself so i think in the long run you will be fine.
    Not for me. I'm actually going to be in the mighty Cavan today. I haven't been in Cavan in a long time. I might put on a shitty pair of wellies and a fake Dublin accent and pay for everything in coppers, just so I blend in properly.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jinxed For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (21-05-19)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast