Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro 14 2018 - 2019

Reviews

Default Pro 14 2018 - 2019

Glasgow play Ulster at home in the first Pro 14 semi final tonight.This will be Rory Best`s final appearance in an Ulster shirt if they lose so he and his team mates will be all out to reach the final. However home advantage in the play offs usually makes the difference in this competition so I will go for Glasgow to win by 3-5 points.
    The Truth is out there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Glasgow play Ulster at home in the first Pro 14 semi final tonight.This will be Rory Best`s final appearance in an Ulster shirt if they lose so he and his team mates will be all out to reach the final. However home advantage in the play offs usually makes the difference in this competition so I will go for Glasgow to win by 3-5 points.
    Stockdale is back on the team so that's a big bonus for Ulster.
    A Glasgow win ? Ulster Says No !
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 17-05-19 at 07:12.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (17-05-19)

Reviews

Glasgow absolutely destroyed Ulster, final score was 50 -20. Certainly not the way Rory Best wanted to end his Ulster career. With the Pro 14 final being held in Celtic Park next weekend, Glasgow must now surely be favourites to lift the trophy although obviously Leinster or Munster will try to upset the odds.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Leinster play Munster in the second Pro 14 semi final this afternoon. Leinster will try to bounce back from their Champions Cup final defeat last week. Munster were lucky to get past Treviso in the quarter final and while they have had two weeks to prepare for this match, home advantage should see Leinster into the final next weekend. I will take them to win by 7 to 10 points.
    The Truth is out there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

After a close enough first half Leinster upped the pace after the break to beat Munster 24-9. So Leinster will play Glasgow in the Pro 14 final in Celtic Park next weekend but look like they will be without Devin Toner who picked up a knee injury today. Munster`s season is now over and they will have to find a new coaching team before the new season starts in a few months time.
    The Truth is out there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

The Pro 14 final is taking place in Celtic Park this evening. The home city venue should give Glasgow a big advantage but Leinster will be determined not to lose two finals in the space of two weeks. It should be a close match but I think Leinster will just about end up as winners by 3-5 points. Interesting how neither this season`s European Champions Cup or Pro 14 finals were/are in rugby stadiums. I don`t know if this will be repeated in future years.
    The Truth is out there.

Next year is Marseille which plays both, then its White Hart Lane in 2021, so that might be a trend alright.

Will all the Celtic fans show up for Leinster today?.....not much chance of that I'd say.
    Shake'n'bake

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (25-05-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
    Next year is Marseille which plays both, then its White Hart Lane in 2021, so that might be a trend alright.

Will all the Celtic fans show up for Leinster today?.....not much chance of that I'd say.
    After the result of the Scottish Cup final today I d say they will be heading for the nearest pubs to celebrate the victory.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Leinster have come from behind to lead 15-10 at half time with tries from Ringrose and Healy. It has been an entertaining final so far, hopefully more of the same to come in the second half.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Leinster withstood a late Glasgow comeback to win the final 18-15 and keep their Pro 14 title. After their Champions Cup final defeat, this is some consolation as they go on their summer break.
    The Truth is out there.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (25-05-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast