Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sex and anti depressants

Default Best of luck

Paddy,

Very best wishes to you

Alwyas follow a doctors advice

Not these cretons!

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    No, she said once that she had to log off because she had a "farmer to see"........... I think she was on tour at the time.............
    Did you hear the collective groans from folks reading that ?

What you need Paddy is to snort a few lines off a couple of hookers asses - Best anti depressant known to man.

Default Cop right on Horan

Your some freak Horan, whoever you are.

Make light of a mental health incapacity, if you must, but be aware that mental health issues will affect 1 in 5

Default xx

Some Anti d's can affect your ability to achieve an erection or ejaculation. But you know some are known to cause increased in sexual arousal! I think west and gem make good sense here. You should check out the name of your Anti d's on the net relating to sexual function then talk to your doctor about any worries. Depression when clinical is not just feeling down and most of the time patients need medication to get themselves well. We need serotonin for a general feeling of well being and anti d's just help build a bridge to bring the serotonin to the brain. I hope you feel better soon hun. Take care.

Love fiona xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Rock View Post
    Your some freak Horan, whoever you are.

Make light of a mental health incapacity, if you must, but be aware that mental health issues will affect 1 in 5
    yeah ya FREAK!

I wonder why has the word "freak" such popularity with retarded people...

This guys a frickin freak ...!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick one.

Robin Rock, you arrived recently.

How long more are you going to humiliate yourself here.

I mean you post nothing but pure sh*t.

You think your a smart guy, but take a step back and consider how any of us on here with a brain view you...

Robin, come on

Default Paddy responds

Hi there.

Thank you very much for the responses to my mail.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of ye misread my post (or chose to?)

My post was re experiences re anti d's and sex. I was not looking for an opinion on whether to take anti d's or not. I made that decision when my doctor who I respect had a long chat with me.
    I didnt just take his word for it. I am seeing one of the top consultant psychiatrists in the country and after a number of hours and a number of appointments he prescribed a low dose med which may save my life

I have discussed the sexual side effects side of things and its all about quality of life, so if that side is affected, I'll let him know. I see him often, I can reach him by ph between apts. I also have therapy and staying off the booze and physical activity to focus on. Its not all meds.

Gemma, thank you for your post.

Fiona, that was a very kind post to a stranger. Thank you very much. I appreciate that.

Nice girls. Your mention of your bad exp is just that you "couldnt orgasm" No offence, but while that is undesirable is not a significant worry. Like I said above I'll keep an eye on all side effects, but seriously if thats the worst, for all the good they will do, bring them on

West, another useless couple of posts and some intended hurt, big man

Alec, I'll take what you said as a childish joke

Not the forum for all of this and I'll shut up, but just to say Fiona is right.

Depression is not what you think it is

Depression can be some or all of the below

Physical pain

Chronic fatigue

Rituals

Self Harm

OCD

Drinking to excess

Drug abuse

Vivid dreams

Nightmares

Trouble sleeping

Paranoia

Tension

Agitation

My story is a mix of a lot of the above. indescribable distress and concealed anguish, but I fight on.

Enough said.

Good luck to all the decent people on this website.

Paddy

9. Default

Fiona's reply is basically correct. Anti Depressants can depress libido - they can also help with premature ejaculation. A lot of the negative comments on this board relate to previous generaltions of anti depressants; they have got much better in recent years; however, they are powerful medicines. If you experience problems go back to your doctor and ask to try a different one; it is perfectly reasonable to shop around for the one which has the best intended effect and the least side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Ivory View Post
    Fiona's reply is basically correct. Anti Depressants can depress libido - they can also help with premature ejaculation. A lot of the negative comments on this board relate to previous generaltions of anti depressants; they have got much better in recent years; however, they are powerful medicines. If you experience problems go back to your doctor and ask to try a different one; it is perfectly reasonable to shop around for the one which has the best intended effect and the least side effects.
    I know you say "I can live with that" but it's not a trivial or a nice thing at all to be like that. I don't know about you, but if I try to orgasm and can't... I can get a bit and upset with myself. I literally couldn't do it AT ALL while I was on them.

I said that's what took me off them fast, however what I was trying to emphasize was that I was glad for that side-effect as they still have can have bad consequences and are basically a last resort. I'd say "only take them if you're suicidal", but they have also been implicated in a number of suicides as generally people who are depressed basically are too apathetic to even carry out a suicide. Only a fraction of people gain anything, if that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast