Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabama senate passes a near-total abortion ban

Default Alabama senate passes a near-total abortion ban

This includes no exceptions for rape or incest

https://news.sky.com/story/alabama-s...ncest-11720374

Alabama's Republican-controlled state senate has passed a bill to outlaw abortion - challenging a landmark US Supreme Court ruling that legalised abortion across the country in the 1970s.
    The legislation approved by 25 votes to six on Tuesday amounts to a near-total ban on abortion in the state, making it a crime to perform an abortion at any stage of pregnancy and punishable by up to 99 years or life in prison.
    The only exception would be when the woman's health is at serious risk.
    The bill contains no exception for rape and incest.

A total of 16 states so far this year have introduced legislation restricting abortion rights.

----------------------

For a country who is meant to be ahead of time and love to talk about much Freedom, Freedom, Freedom they have all the time, this doesn't look like freedom in any sense.
    Why are so many people and countries going back in the past?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Punter08 (15-05-19)

Why we never can find the middle way :-(
    Sensual massage with Thai oil massage elements ★★★★★
    Upcoming tour updated:

I am here, there, everywhere :-)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jessicabp For This Useful Post:

casman (15-05-19), Floki (15-05-19), Punter08 (15-05-19)

Reviews

It would appear that we are going backwards instead of forwards with some of the crazy new laws been introduced in different countries worldwide. It's a feckin mad world.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Floki (15-05-19), Punter08 (15-05-19)

Blog Entries

I don’t understand why everyone here is so up in arms about this.
    It’s only JUST become legal here and only up to 12 weeks!!!
    In the majority of cases you don’t even have anomaly screening until 20 weeks so it’s utterly ridiculous.

Yes what is going on over there is absolutely horrifying but it seems to be a wholly political move to get the Supreme Court to overrule Roe vs. Wade (the very important court ruling making this kinda shit illegal) however let’s look a little closer to home shall we??....

Women in the North despite being part of the UK still can NOT access abortion services. Health care providers are not even able to give out information on how to access abortion services in another country. Women who aren’t able to travel have been prosecuted for abortions just across the border here!!!!

It doesn’t stop there though - a very close friend of mine (a Doctor herself) had an unviable pregnancy that was picked up at the 20 week scan. At the worst time in her life when she needed to be at home surrounded by her family with support, she found herself having to fly to England to get an abortion.

Horrific.

So maybe we should all be doing something and helping women here first before worrying about the US.

My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lactatinglucy For This Useful Post:

casman (15-05-19)

No black and white when it comes to abortion.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lactatinglucy View Post
    I don’t understand why everyone here is so up in arms about this.
    It’s only JUST become legal here and only up to 12 weeks!!!
    In the majority of cases you don’t even have anomaly screening until 20 weeks so it’s utterly ridiculous.

Yes what is going on over there is absolutely horrifying but it seems to be a wholly political move to get the Supreme Court to overrule Roe vs. Wade (the very important court ruling making this kinda shit illegal) however let’s look a little closer to home shall we??....

Women in the North despite being part of the UK still can NOT access abortion services. Health care providers are not even able to give out information on how to access abortion services in another country. Women who aren’t able to travel have been prosecuted for abortions just across the border here!!!!

It doesn’t stop there though - a very close friend of mine (a Doctor herself) had an unviable pregnancy that was picked up at the 20 week scan. At the worst time in her life when she needed to be at home surrounded by her family with support, she found herself having to fly to England to get an abortion.

Horrific.

So maybe we should all be doing something and helping women here first before worrying about the US.
    From here on out I shall refer to Norn Iron as ni.
    ni is part of the of the Yuck.
    The Yuck should have a part to play in this debate.
    ni itself has been given the legal apparatus to govern itself if they could only get their heads out of their aRses.
    The South has a responsibility for Nationalists and I M far from humble O the "border " should have been redrawn farther north long ago.
    However if Nationalists,Republicans,"Catholics" feel happy to stay in the UCK to maintain the benefits of the NHS or through fear or apathy ,then I would quite happily Pontius Pilate my hands on them.
    The south doesn't need ,and if they think rationally doesn't want orange loyalists or loyal unionists.
    Orange is the new black after all,and orange is thus a fitting colour for Ian Paisley jnr and his ilk.
    There is an old quote from someone or other in somewhere or other that one should never talk religion or politics with an Irishman.
    This is sage advice.
    As one of the constituent countries of the UCK let ni sort itself out with all the help that has always been forthcoming from Westminster and the client states of Scotland and Wales.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    No black and white when it comes to abortion.
    What if you're Chinese and caught in Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by slimboyfat View Post
    What if you're Chinese and caught in Alabama?
    You'd be thankful you can have a girl without having to launch her under a truck

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    You'd be thankful you can have a girl without having to launch her under a truck
    What if you're native American and caught in Alabama?
    Does it feel like you are alone in the world or would you be glad your ancestor wasn't forced on a trail of tears to exploitation or oblivion?

Quote Originally Posted by slimboyfat View Post
    What if you're native American and caught in Alabama?
    Does it feel like you are alone in the world or would you be glad your ancestor wasn't forced on a trail of tears to exploitation or oblivion?
    I'd be researching my history and seeing if my ancestors teamed up with the British or the French, but that's just me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast