Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greedy landlord

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pblinder View Post
    Just be fair to him and keep paying the rate you verbally agreed, there is nothing he can do to get you out. just stay there - he physically cannot move you. Landlords have little rights in this respect, it will take him ages to get you out through legal means.

The RTB process will takes years for him.

I’d Simply tell him you verbally agreed something with him and you are not moving and he can go through the legal procedure if he likes and tell him you are staying there for now. Very little he can do.

You could squat there and pay him nothing and there is fuck all he can do too, but that’s just being a bollocks to be honest
    Unfortunately my lease is up, so I've no legal right to stay there unless I sign a new one which means I'd be agreeing to pay for the parking which I won't do.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlemann View Post
    if you have a good enough job to pay 1800 rent in the first place it means you have the option of changing locations or countries etc... if I had that level of clout in the jobs market I'd look at this rent increase as a chance to change scenery...you could live in nicer weather with friendlier sexier women for 1/3 of that rent and earn nearly as much in salary, eg spain or germany

Just because I have that kind of clout means nothing. Yes I can afford to pay the €1850 per Month, yes I can afford to pay the €150 for parking if I wanted to. Doesn't mean I should. I'm not so much annoyed me increased it, it's how he done it. To my face he said there would be no increase, then few days later I find out a in a letter I'd now have to parking is sneaky and just greed on behalf of the landlord. He's now going to lose a very tenant because of his greed..

You’re too honest (a good trait that I admire) but leases mean sod all. I’d make it very difficult for the landlord considering the verbal contract. I’d keep paying him what you are currently and refuse to move. There’s literally nothing he can do to get you out if you dig the heels in.

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    Unfortunately my lease is up, so I've no legal right to stay there unless I sign a new one which means I'd be agreeing to pay for the parking which I won't do.

Reviews

I can blame him. He told me face 2 face there wouldn't be any increase, then sends a lease with a letter saying if I don't pay for parking he'll rent to parking spot to someone else. I've been living there 5 years, in that time I've never missed the rent once,
    A few months ago I replaced the bearing in the washing machine myself, saving him buying a new machine. He's never had a complaint about me an this is how he treats me. Nothing but greed. And he still won't answer the phone, Sent me a text message saying he'll deal with issue over email only.
    Send him an email that you will deal with the issue with €1850, to include parking as agreed in your verbal contract of whatever day he said there would be no rent increase.

What I have done myself on a few occasions where I didn't like the terms of a contract, is I have retyped the offending page completely, either that it makes no sense or with wording to my advantage, and returned it quickly as if I might not even have read it at all. I get back a signed copy which I keep carefully.
    Last edited by philipkntz; 22-03-19 at 03:28.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

Just because I have that kind of clout means nothing. Yes I can afford to pay the €1850 per Month, yes I can afford to pay the €150 for parking if I wanted to. Doesn't mean I should. I'm not so much annoyed me increased it, it's how he done it. To my face he said there would be no increase, then few days later I find out a in a letter I'd now have to parking is sneaky and just greed on behalf of the landlord. He's now going to lose a very tenant because of his greed..
    Don't forget to take your bearing out of the washing machine before you leave.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Reviews

Dublin is being bought out by foreign investment groups for rentals. Seen that new development and lansdowne by aviva? not even halfway finished - already bought by fucking saudis for rentals with maybe a couple rich private buyers. Housing development laws need to change and losen up. Restrictive building laws and massive taxes in this country are a huge contributor to housing crisis.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pblinder View Post
    You’re too honest (a good trait that I admire) but leases mean sod all. I’d make it very difficult for the landlord considering the verbal contract. I’d keep paying him what you are currently and refuse to move. There’s literally nothing he can do to get you out if you dig the heels in.
    Your sir are a legend.
    Went to the RTB about it.
    They told me my landlord can't do this, and advised me that they'd back me should I wish to take a case against the landlord.
    Went back and text my landlord and informed him I won't be signing the lease or leaving without a fight and the RTB will be backing me. He called me straight back told me to forget about the lease, he'll send a new one with no increase and no charge for parking.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Fuckng hell that is a lot of money to be paying for a roof over your head!

Landlordism is alive and well in this country.

Who said the British are the only cunts in this country?

Bring back the Officials!
    Would you like this made a "Sticky" then IDF ?!!!
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

slimboyfat (29-03-19)

Reviews

Last edited by slimboyfat; 05-04-19 at 17:22. Reason: at least it didn't cost him an arm and a leg.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast