Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two dead at party at Greenvale Hotel in Cookstown

Reviews

Default Two dead at party at Greenvale Hotel in Cookstown

Two dead at party at Greenvale Hotel in Cookstown

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-37924471.html

• Reports of a crush at the scene of St Patrick’s Night disco
    • Two fatalities confirmed by police

Two people have died following a serious incident at Greenvale Hotel in Cookstown, Co Tyrone on Sunday night.

Earlier the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service (NIAS) said it received a number of calls from 9.30pm following reports that a number of people had sustained serious injuries.
    It is understood a St Patrick's disco night was taking place at the venue.
    Councillor Trevor Wilson said he had been phoned from the scene by an eyewitness.
    “There seems to have been a stampede, and a number of people have been badly injured,” he said.

NIAS dispatched two rapid response paramedics, two doctors and five emergency crews to the scene.
    “It is an ongoing incident and the only details available at this minute are that two patients have been taken to hospital in serious condition,” a spokesman said on Sunday night.
    NIAS crews are continuing to work at the scene to assess and treat others who may have been injured.
    The Drum Road in Cookstown was closed off in the wake of the incident.
    Earlier Chief Insp Graham Dodds said: "The St Patrick’s event is now over and I would appeal to parents to make contact with their children and collect them immediately."
    Parents were asked to collect their children from the designated collection point at the venue.
    DUP leader Arlene Foster said her "thoughts and prayers (are) with everyone impacted by this tonight".
    Sinn Fein Vice President Michelle O'Neill tweeted: "Heartbreaking news coming from Cookstown tonight. A parents worst nightmare. My thoughts and prayers are with the families."
    Colin Neill, Chief Executive of Hospitality Ulster, said: “We are devastated to hear of the confirmed PSNI report of at least two deaths this evening at the Greenvale Hotel in Cookstown.
    "This is shocking and tragic news and our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the deceased.”

Last edited by joggon; 18-03-19 at 01:33.
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (18-03-19), ORDINARYJOE (18-03-19)

Reviews

3 young people confirmed dead, a girl aged 17 and 2 boys aged 17 & 16. An awful tragedy and my heart goes out to all concerned. ��
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Reviews

yes 3, some news to be going home to the parents, So Sad
    Last edited by cum4me; 18-03-19 at 09:30.

Horrific news. RIP

So sad to read such news.

I look forward to meeting you soon, lovely Gentlemen ♡
    Yours Michelle Fox 💋
    https://www.exclusive-michelle-fox.c...ocations-dates

www.exclusive-michelle-fox.com

Seems the PSNI can not tell the difference between Daz washing up powder and class A drugs. Poor man, all that going on and then getting arrested for a class A drug which was just some daz washing up powder you brought home from work.

Michael McElhatton, 52, owns the Greenvale Hotel in Cookstown in Co Tyrone.

He was detained on Tuesday and remains suspected of manslaughter.

He was further arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply but fast-track forensic analysis swiftly ruled out the possibility, and he was subsequently de-arrested.

Mr McElhatton said: “I am shocked and horrified that the powdery substance taken by police from the laundry in my house could be drugs.

“Despite there being no basis to these suspicions, they have blackened my name and caused so much upset for so many people especially those who are grieving and distressed over the events at the Greenvale Hotel.”

Reviews

De-arrested? Now that was a new 1 to me !! Yet the PSNI say they don't need to offer an apology for releasing information of his re-arrest ?

They (the PSNI) are subject to a Police Ombudsman's investigation because the first responders didn't immediately engage after the first 999 calls as they had "been met with intimidation on previous occasions" on St Patrick's day celebrations??!!??

The hotel owner and staff will have to live with this for the rest of their lives, however responsible they were. Maybe the PSNI might have a conscience too?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    De-arrested? Now that was a new 1 to me !! Yet the PSNI say they don't need to offer an apology for releasing information of his re-arrest ?

They (the PSNI) are subject to a Police Ombudsman's investigation because the first responders didn't immediately engage after the first 999 calls as they had "been met with intimidation on previous occasions" on St Patrick's day celebrations??!!??

The hotel owner and staff will have to live with this for the rest of their lives, however responsible they were. Maybe the PSNI might have a conscience too?
    That is a pile of do do. The PSNI will hopefully be pulled over the coals by the Ombudsman's report.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter08 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (28-03-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Punter08 View Post
    That is a pile of do do. The PSNI will hopefully be pulled over the coals by the Ombudsman's report.
    Yeah and I'll hold my breath on a proper outcome to that. Having said that the Garda Ombudsman is equally as ineffective!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

joggon (29-03-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast