Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
In fairness BA it was yourself that brought up the NZ mass murder in the Shamima Begum thread and I think that it was overwhelmingly condemned by all quarters.

I was about to open a thread when I seen your post so instead I responded to your post instead. Does that mean that I didn't think it was worthy of a thread of its own - does it fuck.

As I said above there is a lot of evil in this world and it comes in many guises. It's not just the radical fundamentalist Muslim. The rise in support for white extremists and the far right is equally as alarming.

And there are other things that suggest a change in people's attitudes.
Trump getting elected in the US(& all the rhetoric that accompanies him) and the apparent rise in white supremacist groups there & the general decline in race relations.

The Brexit vote, the rise in racially motivated attacks in the aftermath and the general divisions among the British.

The rise of the far right in Europe .
"Would we ever let something like the Nazi Party happen again here ?"
"No of course we wouldn't, we're a civilized society now "
I wouldn't be so sure about that - civilized? Fuck it some haven't moved on from the crusades a thousand years ago.

And it's after been reported that the NZ mass murderer had contacts with extremists in the UK so who knows where or when something like this might happen again.

Anyway sorry for goin on a bit there, you know that I had already rightly condemned the attack already. If it's a crime for not starting a new thread then I am guilty.

But tomorrow I'm hoping that the world's problems don't interfere cos Barney is goin to get a well deserved drink or 20 !!
You make some good points , I first posted a one line on another thread at 14.19 yesterday Barney ??? in the past threads are up at 7 am and getting a full throated response on here if it was a Muslim that was guilty , indeed as I state blamed in the wrong here also.

My point is there give or take a few hours , that story was world wide at 4 am . As to the other thread the attitudes expressed in relation to the death of a 2 week old baby !!! That fucker in NZ well he would sign up for that one, my point here a spectrum of opinion expressed can end with assholes like him germinating.

I am no Muslim terrorist apologist that should be clear but I will not allow the values of justice and intelligence to be ground down by blind anger or hate. That is what makes us a good society.