Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Explained, sort of

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Rose View Post
    I am getting bored with the Brexit carry-on; I have lost interest currently.

I might check back in on this thread when things are finalised.
    You see now if you knew people who may lose everything or close to that you might be less sanguine, and the ripple effect it "may have" could engulf those who currently assume they are immune from its impact. Never mind the issues on Borders
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Who needs Game of thrones (Joking I love the show)
    Did not see Brecow play although I was wondering how many times this deal could be voted on , I wonder how much money the DUP are after and have they been high and dried .
    It looks set to drag on now , not good at all , contracts that involve transport via UK cannot be constructed or are not competitive , damage is being done.

Just looked at UK newspapers its a smorgasbord of indignation/ anger/ and traitor yelling. A bit amusing some of them .
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 19-03-19 at 05:39.
    Clubcard stop now

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post

Y2k! Y2k!
    IDF its a matter of time and distance here. Even if the deal is not a hard brexit there will have to be customs checks into UK from Ireland and from the UK to mainland Europe, thats money in a complex way for food businesses and other perishable products , hence UK stockpiling Medicines. Irish Agri food business and transport companies are the most vulnerable but far from being the only ones

It is not clear if going around UK by ship or across it is the best worst option, either way you cannot calculate a tender into Europe just now accurately , this I know from personal experience and it is costing Irish companies as we speak. More delay is useless and costly. Business needs to know what direction to focus on so we can start to mitigate the costs. I believe the EU will provide help to Ireland BTW . Phil Hogan made it clear recently.
    Clubcard stop now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Commons Speaker, John Bercow, has ruled, under an ancient rule going back to 1604, which states that a defeated motion cannot be brought back in the same form during the course of a parliamentary session, that another vote on Brexit cannot be held, unless substantial changes are made first.
    In other words, the Brexiteers cannot repeatedly bring up the same motion until it is passed.

It has been quoted that Brexit will now be "even more complicated". FFS. Was it not complicated enough? I it said before, and I will say it again, "It will not happen.".
    Last edited by SteveB; 19-03-19 at 07:26.

Reviews

There it is

Give it a good kick! See how far down the road you can kick it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (19-03-19)

Reviews

Brexit.
    A comedy?
    A tragedy?
    A tragicomedy?
    Or an irrelevance to the Eton educated Mogg or one of the public school dregs Johnson?

Reviews

1000 days since the vote still a total mess, now the UK has 9 days , still no clarity or unity of purpose , May gets admired for her Tenacity , I focus on her stupidity of her approach allowing the tail , the ERG Rees Mogg gang and DUP to dictate the outcome.

The EU should now go ahead and Hard brexit them and lets see how that goes for Rees Mogg, Boris Johnson and Farage .
    A campgin based on fabrication of epic lies and populist slogans does not do well when reality says hello. A lesson to be learned by all not just the UK , do not incite what you cannot deliver by creating fear.
    Clubcard stop now

Reviews

Nobody in the majority "remain" camp in parliament wants to be seen to be going against the referendum.
    Problem is, they see UK leaving the EU as a potential disaster. They can't vote for it, nor can they vote against it.

So, the answer is the age old politician/lawyer answer. Prevaricate and procrastinate, mess about, and keep asking for extensions, probably for the next thirty years or so.

Reviews

And for the Prime Minister, the longer she messes about, the longer she stays in power.

Reviews

Sky New's deputy political editor, Beth Rigby's take on the debacle;

https://news.sky.com/story/the-great...class-11670567

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast