Thread: More waffle from the indo.

Default More waffle from the indo.

Shake'n'bake

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (16-02-19), rubberbootlvr (16-02-19), S94310 (17-02-19)

Reviews

99% given to the anti-side - Ruhama, Moran, etc.

If even 1% given to Kate McGrew, 3 tiny little paragraphs. Disgusting. Heavily biased journalism, nothing more and nothing less. Wouldn't know a fact if it was shoved up their hole.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

S94310 (17-02-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by feargal View Post
    Fair play to Kate McGrew for speaking up
    And as ever, fallen on not deaf ears but the ears of those who think their own shit doesn't smell. I fucking despise the human race so much. Dinosaurs don't belong in this world, not anymore.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (17-02-19), S94310 (17-02-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by feargal View Post
    Fair play to Kate McGrew for speaking up
    Bias is endemic in Irish journalism and indeed internationally. Not easy to get across any message that is deemed politically incorrect or anti feminist anywhere these days.
    Independent thinking has largely died out in the modern social media driven society and there is a very big industry out there determined to keep things that way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

johnwin530 (18-02-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Dunn View Post
    Bias is endemic in Irish journalism and indeed internationally. Not easy to get across any message that is deemed politically incorrect or anti feminist anywhere these days.
    Independent thinking has largely died out in the modern social media driven society and there is a very big industry out there determined to keep things that way.
    The bias reflects overall societies opinion. They print what they print to validate their readers. Unfortunately society, especially women, see prostitution as sleazy.

When Alan Shatter resigned/got fired and the new justice minister came to power, i said straight away she would ban prostitution. Why? Simply because of her gender. Women are conditioned that they can only have sex with one man at a time. Having sex with many men is stigmatized. Having sex with many men for cash outright, even more stigmatized.

The hypocrisy really, as if money is not used as collateral in so many relationships. Give her cash, it is prostitution; give her cash and the dream life, it is romantic.
    Last edited by Meursault; 19-02-19 at 18:39.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Floki (20-02-19), Galwegian1993 (20-02-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    The bias reflects overall societies opinion. They print what they print to validate their readers. Unfortunately society, especially women, see prostitution as sleazy.

When Alan Shatter resigned/got fired and the new justice minister came to power, i said straight away she would ban prostitution. Why? Simply because of her gender. Women are conditioned that they can only have sex with one man at a time. Having sex with many men is stigmatized. Having sex with many men for cash outright, even more stigmatized.

The hypocrisy really, as if money is not used as collateral in so many relationships. Give her cash, it is prostitution; give her cash and the dream life, it is romantic.
    Best damn post on the whole forum!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Galwegian1993 For This Useful Post:

Meursault (20-02-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post

No sure its right to say prostitution was banned as such just more restrictive laws put in place. You are correct in saying it was largely championed by women or at least a certain type of woman.
    It is far from certain that this is a universal belief among members of the female sex Teresa May for example kept at arms length members of the pro Nordic lobby when she was Home Secretary across the pond.
    Which brings me back to my point about biased journalism or perhaps more appropriately lazy journalism which as you suggest sets out to pander to societal perceptions rather than challenge them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (21-02-19), Meursault (20-02-19)

No sure its right to say prostitution was banned as such just more restrictive laws put in place. You are correct in saying it was largely championed by women or at least a certain type of woman.
    It is far from certain that this is a universal belief among members of the female sex Teresa May for example kept at arms length members of the pro Nordic lobby when she was Home Secretary across the pond.
    Which brings me back to my point about biased journalism or perhaps more appropriately lazy journalism which as you suggest sets out to pander to societal perceptions rather than challenge them.
    This is true for so many things like famous people. They have to pander their audience. At least George Hook said what he thought. Unlike Ciara Kelly who basically says what she knows people want to hear.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

Heaven forbid journalists would have an ounce of integrity like