Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiership

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheNads View Post
    I am a fan, a big fan all my life of the beautiful game. I played LOI in the day (20 yrs ago now) & then Leinster Senior League. I have 2 underage caps. I love football.
    I am a West Ham fan for 34 yrs. I know what suffering is ! I have been to Upton Pk for at least 2 visits every season in my adult life, except when I lived in the US.
    However I don't identify with WHUFC as "we" or "us", I would only ever wear a replica shirt if I was playing football or at a game & I don't subscribe to Sky or any other Murdock bastard products.
    See, I'm not from the east-end of London & if in 34yrs I haven't begun referring to WHUFC as "us" or "we" the I probably never will.
    I find it very difficult listening to people who have never set foot in Anfield or Old Trafford, have never played the game, constantly wear the replica shirt & speak so freely in "we" & "us" terms about the club they sooooooooo adore.
    These I refer to as the Sky flock, they had no interest in footy until Andy Gray started being soooooooooo graphic in the early 90s.
    Yes, I am a snob in my football support. I hate the sheep !
    Jaysus, Nads, you're a cynical old duffer

Reviews

Middlesborough - Man. United (away)
    Chelsea - Fulham (home)
    Man. City - Blackburn (home)
    Portsmouth - Arsenal (away)
    Stoke City - Westham (away)
    Spurs - West Brom. (home)
    Wigan - Bolton (draw)
    Liverpool - Newcastle (home)
    Sunderland - Everton (away)
    Aston Villa Hull City (home)

If they all win, I'll be punting till Xmas, twice a week.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Middlesbrough v Man Utd - draw
    Chelsea v Fulham - home
    Man City v Blackburn - draw
    Portsmouth v Arsenal - away
    Stoke City v West Ham - away
    Tottenham v West Brom - home
    Wigan v Bolton - draw
    Liverpool v Newcastle - home
    Sunderland v Everton - draw
    Aston Villa v Hull City - home

L'pool to get 2 points back on the Mancs.
    Not going to happen today.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I am a fan, a big fan all my life of the beautiful game. I played LOI in the day (20 yrs ago now) & then Leinster Senior League. I have 2 underage caps. I love football.
    I am a West Ham fan for 34 yrs. I know what suffering is ! I have been to Upton Pk for at least 2 visits every season in my adult life, except when I lived in the US.
    However I don't identify with WHUFC as "we" or "us", I would only ever wear a replica shirt if I was playing football or at a game & I don't subscribe to Sky or any other Murdock bastard products.
    See, I'm not from the east-end of London & if in 34yrs I haven't begun referring to WHUFC as "us" or "we" the I probably never will.
    I find it very difficult listening to people who have never set foot in Anfield or Old Trafford, have never played the game, constantly wear the replica shirt & speak so freely in "we" & "us" terms about the club they sooooooooo adore.
    These I refer to as the Sky flock, they had no interest in footy until Andy Gray started being soooooooooo graphic in the early 90s.
    Do you want a medal? You don't have to have played football or be any good to love football so why the mini autobiography.
    I have been supporting United for 40 years and try to get to see them at least 5/6 times a season and sometimes use the phrase 'we' when speaking about the Reds but generally I will be talking to another United fan at the time. Thats what supporters do - support their team like one big happy/sad family.
    I agree that there are too many supposed football supporters that are only 'armchair' or 'pub seat' fans.
    Some Sky football fans are similar to Ireland's 'Jack Charlton era' fans quite a lot of whom knew f**k all about football and never will.

Reviews

Default No medal thanks ...........

.......... I have enough already.
    In order to make the assault on the Sky football brigade I 1st had to make my own credentials rock soild You're perfectly right, anyone can be a football fan but it's the real ones who'll travel, be able to discuss intelligently (even with a "scouse" or "manc" opponent) & even be seen on a terrace in Dalymount Pk or Turner's Cross occasionally.
    I have strong views about the Sky & Setanta money contributing to the ruination of football. Let's face it, only 4 teams have any hope of winning the league every year. There are no fairytales anymore.
    I see Manchester Utd. fans barely celebrate success anymore. I nearly had my 1st bit of joy since 1980 in the 2006 cup final until that fucker Gerard broke my heart. As a Manc fan I don't expect you to support my views but a more even playing field will help with the games long-term survival.
    I love football more than WHUFC or any other team. I switch off my tele now if the too oft shown Man U are on, L'pool aren't far behind & have more interest in the cup now Everton might win it.
    Forrest, you are not one of the fad sheep to whom I refer, you have history & you travel. I'm sure you know flocks of the other kind ?
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

and what is your question?

dom

Reviews

Default Forgot that.

Yeah, I got a bit carried away with my rant. I was merely asking if anyone else was a "cynical duffer" like me ?
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Middlesborough - Man. United (away)
    Chelsea - Fulham (home)
    Man. City - Blackburn (home)
    Portsmouth - Arsenal (away)
    Stoke City - Westham (away)
    Spurs - West Brom. (home)
    Wigan - Bolton (draw)
    Liverpool - Newcastle (home)
    Sunderland - Everton (away)
    Aston Villa Hull City (home)

If they all win, I'll be punting till Xmas, twice a week.
    I've 9 out of 10 so far, so I hope Villa don't win at home on Monday, because I didn't put the fucking bet on!

Yeah, I got a bit carried away with my rant. I was merely asking if anyone else was a "cynical duffer" like me ?
    I would agree with your self description as a 'cynical duffer' - mind you i would be putting a very heavy emphasis on the 'duffer' part

by the way who are your local team ? bet its a junior football side - when the last time you went to support them or did any voluntary work for the club ?

admitting to be of LOI standard just means you were marginally better than utter shite !

Reviews

Rimmerguy, Rover, and all you other U-shite-eds - your team has to play 4 massive games in 12 days. I know it's a squad game these days and all, but do you seriously see 4 wins coming from 4?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast