Thread: Beware this drive to crimiliase paying for it

Reviews

Default Beware this drive to crimiliase paying for it

In Fridays papers there was a call by the Immigrant Council of Ireland to crimiliase the paying of sex as is the case in sweeden.
    It is imperative that these loons don't get their wish as you will see from the following that it is not a good solution to anything. Furthermore the Sweedish law was brought in mainly by the lobbying of a ball breaking man hating Sweedish MEP.

Don't forget Sweeden has the highest sucide rate in the world.
    It also only allows alcohol to be purchased at restricted times from state run off licences. This law has been so sucessful that most drinkers drive or take the ferry to Denmark to stock up.
    So now we are to follow this screwed up country.

However I much prefer the Belgian or Dutch model where there are certain areas for sexworkers and they can get regular health checks etc, they also pay taxes etc.

The Sweedesh law is often touted as the way forward.
    However if you examine the case in Sweeden you will find that this is a far from perfect law, and since it's introduction in 1999 human traffiking in Sweeden is estimated to have increased by 100%.

All the law does is punish normal punters with excessive fines based on income and break up marraiges.

If it was brought into Ireland all that would happen is the sex industry would be pushed further underground making Girls and Clients more vunurable.

There is many a web site telling how unsucessful this law has been the following are the main points.

Some negative points of the Sweedish law

- Some customers are afraid to get caught for buying sex and that makes the clients more nervous and stressed. On the streets the negotiations must happen a lot faster than before since the police can be around the corner. If you market your services thru the internet a customer can suggest the meeting should take place in a remote location where no one can see you or demand an arrangement where he/she cannot get discovered at all.

- During the negotiations with the client it is therefore hard to do a correct risk assessment.

-Is the client stressed, anxious and nervousness due to the fact that he/she is afraid to get caught by the police or is it a customer that wants to hurt you?

- A lot of customers are also scared to state their real names or contact sexsellers thru registered telephone numbers. Few sexsellers save the contact information about their customers because they are keen to protect their integrity.

- The risk of infection have gone up because if a sexseller gets infected with a sexually transmitted disease, and the authorities advise customers to the sexworker to contact them, many are afraid to do so.

- If a client meets a sexworker that he/she suspects is in need of help the client is scared to contact for example the social services. Anf if a customer meets a sexworker that he/she suspects is the victim of sexual trafficking that person is today scared of going to the police. Before you could obtain evidence against traffickers and pimps based on customer’s testimony. These days they aren't likely to participate in trials and if they are forced to testify as the same time they are prosecuted for buying sex their testimony are not credible in the same way.

- The customer is also without legal rights as a result of the sex-purchase law. It happens that criminals lure customers with a fake sexworker to rob them. The client is exposed to threats about being reported for sexcrimes if they go to the police.

- A lot of sexsellers on the street report being robbed and feel it's harder for them to contact clients outdoors. They therefore have to rely on other channels for communication. Everybody doesn't have the possibility to market themselves thru the Internet, and the likelihood of ending up in the hands of profiteers and pimps for those who need help increases.

- Sexworkers feel more pressure from the police. The police must sometimes wait until the sexworker and the customer have started the sexual act before they can arrest the client. This is naturally deeply offensive to the sexworker.

- Police have also sometimes been reported to become heavy handed or brutal in these situations.

- Sexworkers also report that the networks between sexworkers that existed before on certain known streets for prostitution have disappeared or weakened as a result of the sex-purchase law. Earlier you could warn each other for dangerous customers, fake cars, etc, but due to the more stressful situations on the streets and a reduced number of sexworkers they find this harder to do. Street prostitutes used to help new sexworkers and if they met a person they thought was too young, they could alarm the social services.

- When the prostitution market disappears underground it is harder for the authorities to intercept the persons that really need help. In Gothenburg many young women seek help to detoxify because of their addiction to heroin and almost all of them have sold sexual services. But the city’s prostitution group (social workers) seldom comes in contact with these women because they don't show up on the streets today. The same goes for the young drug addicts in Malmo.

- The "normal" clients have almost disappeared from the streets. Those who remain are the ones with a twisted mindset and street prostitutes today are more exposed to robbery, assault and rape than before. Certain sexworkers follows sexbuyers scared of the police to hidden locations, where they can't call for help if they need to. The new situation on the street also means that the prices have dropped and it happens that women in desperate need of money forego the requirement for a condom.

Sorry but where did you get this info from Swedish cases up to now that not what i have heard, if you have any serious paper or arlicle link to read this article please let me know

thanks

Sorry but read this statistic Sweden do not the hight rate of suicide

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post

It also only allows alcohol to be purchased at restricted times. This law has been so sucessful that most drinkers drive or take the ferry to Denmark to stock up.
    Same as here then. Restricted hours since last year........

People going up the North...........

I haven't even gotten to the rest of the post............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Yes please also send me this link if you have it. As far as I can see this whole writting is delivered mainly to street walkers, being the case there is a high addiction rate with such ladies in any country whatsoever and there is also a price drive where they will become so in need to satisfy this addiction that they may or may not use protection, This is not just in sweden but anywhere and ofcourse not every street walker is the same however this is just based on a generalisation. Many years ago I heard of Sweden being the country with the highest rate of suicide cases however this had nothing to do with the sex ban it was apparently due to high pressures and not enough daylight time. I myself tour in Sweden and have not noticed this to much to be honest with you it is a little different to Ireland here however it is quite fine. I believe that what you are saying is quite truthful about when things are made less and less accessible they do go underground, however it really does not matter where you are in the world there are always pimps and that sort around.
    Just look at the recent case in the uk where they caught a ring of people running an asian website who were making millions of pounds by traficking young woman and charging these woman staggering amounts of cash (this in a country where it is legal) Then take a look in Ireland as an example I myself have had to make my security measures much stricter in order for meeting gentlemen as unfortuantly there are undesirable characters around that could cause potential harm to me. Again it is not only in Sweden or Ireland that these types of horrible attacks may occur unfortunatly there are people with dangerous intentions all over the globe. Take as an example the poor lady who was gunned down in a famous Boston Hotel recently ,very sad that such a thing could happen. I agree things being underground change things somewhat but there are dangers even where things are not underground.
    Will MISS you all... For those of you that will keep in touch you know how to do this.... Take Care Kisses Alyssa Jenkins xxxx

6. Talking

In Fridays papers there was a call by the Immigrant Council of Ireland to crimiliase the paying of sex as is the case in sweeden.
    It is imperative that these loons don't get their wish as you will see from the following that it is not a good solution to anything. Furthermore the Sweedish law was brought in mainly by the lobbying of a ball breaking man hating Sweedish MEP.

Don't forget Sweeden has the highest sucide rate in the world.
    It also only allows alcohol to be purchased at restricted times from state run off licences. This law has been so sucessful that most drinkers drive or take the ferry to Denmark to stock up.
    So now we are to follow this screwed up country.

However I much prefer the Belgian or Dutch model where there are certain areas for sexworkers and they can get regular health checks etc, they also pay taxes etc.

The Sweedesh law is often touted as the way forward.
    However if you examine the case in Sweeden you will find that this is a far from perfect law, and since it's introduction in 1999 human traffiking in Sweeden is estimated to have increased by 100%.

All the law does is punish normal punters with excessive fines based on income and break up marraiges.

If it was brought into Ireland all that would happen is the sex industry would be pushed further underground making Girls and Clients more vunurable.

There is many a web site telling how unsucessful this law has been the following are the main points.

Some negative points of the Sweedish law

- Some customers are afraid to get caught for buying sex and that makes the clients more nervous and stressed. On the streets the negotiations must happen a lot faster than before since the police can be around the corner. If you market your services thru the internet a customer can suggest the meeting should take place in a remote location where no one can see you or demand an arrangement where he/she cannot get discovered at all.

- During the negotiations with the client it is therefore hard to do a correct risk assessment.

-Is the client stressed, anxious and nervousness due to the fact that he/she is afraid to get caught by the police or is it a customer that wants to hurt you?

- A lot of customers are also scared to state their real names or contact sexsellers thru registered telephone numbers. Few sexsellers save the contact information about their customers because they are keen to protect their integrity.

- The risk of infection have gone up because if a sexseller gets infected with a sexually transmitted disease, and the authorities advise customers to the sexworker to contact them, many are afraid to do so.

- If a client meets a sexworker that he/she suspects is in need of help the client is scared to contact for example the social services. Anf if a customer meets a sexworker that he/she suspects is the victim of sexual trafficking that person is today scared of going to the police. Before you could obtain evidence against traffickers and pimps based on customer’s testimony. These days they aren't likely to participate in trials and if they are forced to testify as the same time they are prosecuted for buying sex their testimony are not credible in the same way.

- The customer is also without legal rights as a result of the sex-purchase law. It happens that criminals lure customers with a fake sexworker to rob them. The client is exposed to threats about being reported for sexcrimes if they go to the police.

- A lot of sexsellers on the street report being robbed and feel it's harder for them to contact clients outdoors. They therefore have to rely on other channels for communication. Everybody doesn't have the possibility to market themselves thru the Internet, and the likelihood of ending up in the hands of profiteers and pimps for those who need help increases.

- Sexworkers feel more pressure from the police. The police must sometimes wait until the sexworker and the customer have started the sexual act before they can arrest the client. This is naturally deeply offensive to the sexworker.

- Police have also sometimes been reported to become heavy handed or brutal in these situations.

- Sexworkers also report that the networks between sexworkers that existed before on certain known streets for prostitution have disappeared or weakened as a result of the sex-purchase law. Earlier you could warn each other for dangerous customers, fake cars, etc, but due to the more stressful situations on the streets and a reduced number of sexworkers they find this harder to do. Street prostitutes used to help new sexworkers and if they met a person they thought was too young, they could alarm the social services.

- When the prostitution market disappears underground it is harder for the authorities to intercept the persons that really need help. In Gothenburg many young women seek help to detoxify because of their addiction to heroin and almost all of them have sold sexual services. But the city’s prostitution group (social workers) seldom comes in contact with these women because they don't show up on the streets today. The same goes for the young drug addicts in Malmo.

- The "normal" clients have almost disappeared from the streets. Those who remain are the ones with a twisted mindset and street prostitutes today are more exposed to robbery, assault and rape than before. Certain sexworkers follows sexbuyers scared of the police to hidden locations, where they can't call for help if they need to. The new situation on the street also means that the prices have dropped and it happens that women in desperate need of money forego the requirement for a condom.
    I think you're trying to scare clients with these quotes from sweden. There ARE pubs in sweden gothenberg yutaboy is how the swedes pronounce it and off licences. prostitution isn't hindered by the client law. Recently a swedish prostitute took her client to court because he didn't show up for an appointment and the judge ruled in favour of the prostitute, saying that if he made an appointment with a dentist doctor hotel etc and failed to show up they would still charge for the appointment, so if it would enable us girls to track down and make the no show messers who leave us dangling pay. . . bring it on !!!
    i have too many fantacies to be just another girlfriend, i guess i love being everyones fantasy girlfriend. . .
    CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN YOU'RE MY HERO!!!!love4

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqmi1I65x_Y
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZL2M29DDLI

kiss my ass . . .

In fact i did some checking today and yes the liquor outlets are owned by the state however they are still open most times just not late at nights and not on a sunday. The swedish used to travel to finland as drink was cheaper there however not anymore with the euro so most just make do with it here. The only difference is that pubs here close serving drink at 11pm so you cannot drink later then 11pm however if I am not mistaken it used to be similar in the uk before??? I think this article you have published is very unrelated to internet ladies however very related to street walkers??? Most people seem quite ok with the state licence of liquor and even the state own all the pharmacies here in sweden as well and have for many years it is only now that they are thinking to invite private people to own a pharmacy....I think that everything in scandanavia is very different to uk and closer countries however i doubt that the state would take over liquor and pharmacy trades etc etc xxx
    Will MISS you all... For those of you that will keep in touch you know how to do this.... Take Care Kisses Alyssa Jenkins xxxx

Reviews

Default Heres the link ...

OK I accept that it does not have the highest suicide rate.
    This apparently is an urban myth.
    But a pretty good one as most people have heard this (Sorry any Swedes) .

Agreed that it does mainly tackle the Street trade which is practically non existant My point is that if we do introduce a law here based on the Swedish one we will more than likely make an even more restrictive as we are good old catholic Ireland.

Useful link

Swedish Prostitution Law: Critiques

OK I accept that it does not have the highest suicide rate.
    This apparently is an urban myth.
    But a pretty good one as most people have heard this (Sorry any Swedes) .

Agreed that it does mainly tackle the Street trade which is practically non existant My point is that if we do introduce a law here based on the Swedish one we will more than likely make an even more restrictive as we are good old catholic Ireland.

Useful link

Swedish Prostitution Law: Critiques
    So what do you expect us to do?

Go out and wave placards outside government buildings saying not to criminalise prostitution "seriously"?