Thread: The Dangers of Exagerated Media,

Default The Dangers of Exagerated Media,

I dont read the papers thank god but i glanced at The Irish Examiner today and see another report on abused sex trafficking.While i feel its very important to combat this sort of abuse i feel that the media are actually hurting the vicitms even more.Why?Because of the exageration of the extenct of it.Because of this people done believe what they read and as a result the genuine victims are futher neglected.

Another thing.If someone were to do a survey on something i know they actually have to talk to me.One way or another ,otherwise its heresay.So are the reporters suggesting for one sec that they spoke with victims and left it at that?Thanks for the interview ,see ya and have a great life?Well i doubt it so that means the figures are heresay and as a result the real victims are neglected.

This is another eg of exagerated unsubstantiated claims by the media which only goes to shadow the real vitims even more.

Plz,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Singh View Post
    I dont read the papers thank god but i glanced at The Irish Examiner today and see another report on abused sex trafficking.While i feel its very important to combat this sort of abuse i feel that the media are actually hurting the vicitms even more.Why?Because of the exageration of the extenct of it.Because of this people done believe what they read and as a result the genuine victims are futher neglected.

Another thing.If someone were to do a survey on something i know they actually have to talk to me.One way or another ,otherwise its heresay.So are the reporters suggesting for one sec that they spoke with victims and left it at that?Thanks for the interview ,see ya and have a great life?Well i doubt it so that means the figures are heresay and as a result the real victims are neglected.

This is another eg of exagerated unsubstantiated claims by the media which only goes to shadow the real vitims even more.

Plz,
    Westside.
    The Irish Examiner is the same today. I don't know if it will make people LESS concerned but terrorising tactics such as these and high-faluting fairytales aren't going to do any good. I agree with you though, it's dangerous.

When it comes to sex in Ireland, the most "official" broadsheets turn into the equivalent of the worst tabloids like the Daily Mail in Britain. It's really a remarkable transformation.

One of the lines reads "typically pushed into prostitution by people they know from accruing massive debts". If this is really true for even ONE person (they have an anecdotal story of one girl who was something like E50,000 in debt, I'd guess there was more to it).... then I'd really like to hear of the details. The girl would just have to contact people and it would be all over. Unless they had her tied to a table, she would clearly get out eventually and they're saying she knew the people? Well she has extreme motive and monetary means (she may as well sell herself for a bit longer if she got used to it) to enact a terrible revenge on them.