Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Reviews

Default Disappointed

So, I had wanted to meet a certain someone for a while and I thought today was ample opportunity. I rang yesterday and arranged it for 3pm today. She actually came across extremely well on the phone and I kinda felt a little smitten. I was supposed to confirm at 11 today which I did but got no reply and when I did get a reply, long story short, she was fully booked despite agreeing to it the day before and having 24 hours notice.

It actually feels a little personal as I didn't really buy the fully booked/no time, etc excuse as it wasn't a problem the day before and isn't that the whole point of arranging it in notice, to ensure you actually meet.

It's a bit unprofessional in my view and I myself, lost time & money but sure what can you do. Like I said in the title, disappointed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayM93 For This Useful Post:

Mr Sweet Guy (07-10-17)

3. Default

Perhaps she is not on the pills and.....think positive

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JayM93 View Post
    So, I had wanted to meet a certain someone for a while and I thought today was ample opportunity. I rang yesterday and arranged it for 3pm today. She actually came across extremely well on the phone and I kinda felt a little smitten. I was supposed to confirm at 11 today which I did but got no reply and when I did get a reply, long story short, she was fully booked despite agreeing to it the day before and having 24 hours notice.

It actually feels a little personal as I didn't really buy the fully booked/no time, etc excuse as it wasn't a problem the day before and isn't that the whole point of arranging it in notice, to ensure you actually meet.

It's a bit unprofessional in my view and I myself, lost time & money but sure what can you do. Like I said in the title, disappointed.
    Name and shame

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It is what it is, just move on and find another lady who appreciates your business nd you will soon forget
    Personally due to the fact ive a fair bit to travel i try to make prior appointments aswell but i find its not always
    that easy to get ladies to agree to it often it takes a bit of convincing that u are genuine. i ve never stood a lady up
    yet but i suppose the flip side is that they have been probably messed around so often that they are bound to be a bit cynical
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (01-06-17), JayM93 (01-06-17)

Quote Originally Posted by redforever View Post
    Name and shame
    I disagree, mate. We're not a lynch mob. Im not excusing it, but sometimes shit goes wrong for people.

I totally feel for JayM93, as its happened before. But not worth getting into an online tiff over. Best take it as a lesson learned and spend your cash with a nice woman who'll honor her part of the agreement. :-)

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to randaddy2017 For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (01-06-17), JayM93 (01-06-17), Mr Sweet Guy (07-10-17), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (02-06-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by randaddy2017 View Post
    I disagree, mate. We're not a lynch mob. Im not excusing it, but sometimes shit goes wrong for people.

I totally feel for JayM93, as its happened before. But not worth getting into an online tiff over. Best take it as a lesson learned and spend your cash with a nice woman who'll honor her part of the agreement. :-)
    Hence the smiley face mate

When your around long enough you'll understand

11. The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

randaddy2017 (01-06-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by drbagehot View Post
    Wait... wait...

I need to get the popcorn.

OK, carry on.
    Get some for me if your still in the shop thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by snrjohn View Post
    i Wonnder was that a subjective or objective booking
    I'd call it no booking lol

Reviews

These cancelation type of thngs used to bother me a little
    but now i just take it as part of the gig
    its not exactly a completly reliable past time
    i just assume something has come up or if i havnt met the girl before maybe
    a regular called and i understand that they take precedence
    gotta take the rough with the smooth

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (01-06-17), beautyaddict (01-06-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JayM93 View Post

Hmmm cant wait for your comments when you travel like 40 miles show up then left hanging , later baby 5 mins then 10 then 20 then harsh harsh reality you been stood up or is it down. The girl answered your call and let you know, that v allowed , you do not know what has happened on their side, booking at their desecration, and all that . Trust me your goin to get a lot lot worse than this , its shall we say part of the adventure , it will make you appreciate the excellent times more .

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (01-06-17), randaddy2017 (01-06-17)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast