Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The E-I 2009 Grand National runners and riders

Smile The E-I 2009 Grand National runners and riders

Introduced by Ted Walsh

Highwayman – being mounted today by Yasmina she’s a bit fond of the whip but sets a good pace from the off. He’s an honest nag and will get her around in one piece.

Carlos - He is stabled with any number of Brazilian filly's, good on soft ground but not had great luck at Beechers in recent years but well worth a punt if he has the legs for it.

West – been known to wander off course at times but knows where the finish line is and always is in the running towards the line. Mercurial manner but gets the job done.

Gemma – two year old filly but far from a novice. Been around most tracks back in Ireland. Always gives a good honest ride, been in and out of retirement so has the blinkers on this year just to settle her down and keep her focused.

Violette – well what can be said about this one that has not already been said before. Makes it look easy and has the use of the whip down to a tee. Normally does the riding but this year has opted to wear the saddle.

Marijuana - owned by a Colombian wacky backy cartel so well motivated if nothing else.

Anna Savicha - Real dark horse this one. Don’t be put of by her size, she’s the smallest in the field but has the heart of red rum and the legs of the road runner.

Bigpaws – Owned funnily enough by fellow contender Liz and tends to change jockeys mid race. Fell early on last year and nearly had to be put down. Some of these jumps might be to high for him but if he can't get over them he'll go through them.

Patricia - Expecting great things from this one. Sarah is in the saddle this year out and well worth watching. Owned by a group of techies in a website of some kind so it will be a long trip back to the office if these two don’t finish in at least the top three.

Quarterpoundher – yet to clear a fence here as yet as mainly prefers flat racing and tends to unseat his mount and could stray across the field and cause a few anxious moments as they near the finish line.

Elle of Edinburgh – Good each way punt and always a safe bet in this unpredictable sport of kings. Has been conditioned to heavy going by two of the best in the business Luther and Rover so has been put through her paces and stamina not a problem so could be the upset of the race.

Farmer – new to this but has been pulling ploughs through the fertile soil of Cavan so has served his apprenticeship and looking to cause an upset here on the big stage. Little ungainly in stride but covers the ground with deceptive ease.

Ric – Young Stallion that if he can reign in that exuberance will take some beating. He has been re shoed for this race as it always perks him up and puts an extra spring in his step. Likes the going a bit firmer then today but this could well be his year.

Kat Varga – Always insists on carrying a bit of extra weight with that suitcase she hauls around but other then that handicap is again a true pro and well worth putting your hand in your pocket for.

Anita Sizzle – Even from my commentary position I can see she is chomping at the bit to get going and will be in or around the contenders near the finish.

Liz – Bookies favorite. Its now or never as she’s been around for years threatening big things but only run on this track just once or twice but did not really like grass as it was a bit to green for her. She prefers the sands tracks of Dubai but was tempted back by the glory of past victories. Very particular and choosy about who she has on her back. Bit frisky as well its fair to say and been known to unseat many the unwary rider but on her day could well pull it out of the bag. Always opens her legs when she see’s either the finish line or a nice suit and shows her class.

Luther – good workaday ethic and always runs his heart out. Not sure if his mind is on the task in hand as he has been side tracked of late.

Non runners - Nbt – bigdaddy69

This is the E-I Grand National so anything could happen folks but lets hope they all get around safely. Their lining up to the tape now....aaaaaaand......THEIR OFF!!!....
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 04-04-09 at 12:56.

Reviews

I think their still running
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Luther – good workaday ethic and always runs his heart out. Not sure if his mind is on the task in hand as he has been side tracked of late.
    This is a little true....... I've been getting a few "to good to refuse" offers...
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I think their still running
    At least it was not decided on a “fake” photo finish.

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    This is a little true....... I've been getting a few "to good to refuse" offers...
    Its always sad when the legends retire and are put out to stud.
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 05-04-09 at 13:35. Reason: stewards enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Introduced by Ted Walsh

Anna Savicha - Real dark horse this one. Don’t be put of by her size, she’s the smallest in the field but has the heart of red rum and the legs of the road runner.

This is the E-I Grand National so anything could happen folks but lets hope they all get around safely. Their lining up to the tape now....aaaaaaand......THEIR OFF!!!....
    The best and nicest and finest things come in small packages,so nothing wrong with my size.......
    I actually like to be small.......i think it s cute.........
    I m still lurking sometimes ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by annasavicha View Post
    The best and nicest and finest things come in small packages,so nothing wrong with my size.......
    I actually like to be small.......i think it s cute.........
    I agree completely. It was a compliment Anna. I was only saying you were the smallest in stature but more then able to take on anyone in any race and win.

I m becoming Irish,so i got that one

I knew it was compliment just my tongue itched
    I m still lurking sometimes ;-)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by annasavicha View Post
    I m becoming Irish,so i got that one

I knew it was compliment just my tongue itched
    We don’t want to upset the gene pool here Anna so I’ll just run your genes through our database before we approve your request for paddydom, one sec……

http://www.eves-best.com/sexy-genes.jpg

Congratulations you are now……

just to be sure your Irish do you find this funny?

http://img183.exs.cx/img183/3975/irishscarecrow3ch.jpg

if yes then please collect your spare liver and complimentary one tonne supply of tea bags.

Reviews

Default hey QPH

No mention of me? Injured racehorse? retired to stud?

I guess this little short ass never managed to keep up the pace either ...lol.....ps im only 4ft 11 ..xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast