Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaa 2017

Reviews

Default Gaa 2017

Now that the leagues are reaching towards their finals it is time to start this thread for 2017.

I concentrate on the hurling, others can look after the football.

Some tasty matches this coming Sunday.

Tipperary V Offaly Poor offaly are on a hiding here. Tipperary don't do kind or nice.

Limerick V Cork Cork are trying to start on the comeback trail. Some good performances so far. That Luke Meade looks promising for them. Limerick again take their eye off the ball with their first round defeat by Wexford. Cost them promotion again. Cork at home to edge it.

Wexford V Kilkenny Wexford on a roll at this stage however it will end here. Kilkenny to win. All not lost for Wexford just yet.

Galway V Waterford The Deise will fight to the end of matches as proved last Sunday. Galway have more to prove here. Waterford won league 2 seasons ago. When was Galway's last trophy win? Waterford to win.

Clare V Dublin If Clare can reproduce the form they showed against Kilkenny then they will retain their division 1 status. Worry is defence can be leaky. Dublin going with youth and they are coping quite well. Would a season in Division 1B help their progress even more? Clare to emerge however it will be tight.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    Now that the leagues are reaching towards their finals it is time to start this thread for 2017.

Tipperary V Offaly Poor offaly are on a hiding here. Tipperary don't do kind or nice.

Limerick V Cork Cork are trying to start on the comeback trail. Some good performances so far. That Luke Meade looks promising for them. Limerick again take their eye off the ball with their first round defeat by Wexford. Cost them promotion again. Cork at home to edge it.

Wexford V Kilkenny Wexford on a roll at this stage however it will end here. Kilkenny to win. All not lost for Wexford just yet.

Galway V Waterford The Deise will fight to the end of matches as proved last Sunday. Galway have more to prove here. Waterford won league 2 seasons ago. When was Galway's last trophy win? Waterford to win.

Clare V Dublin If Clare can reproduce the form they showed against Kilkenny then they will retain their division 1 status. Worry is defence can be leaky. Dublin going with youth and they are coping quite well. Would a season in Division 1B help their progress even more? Clare to emerge however it will be tight.
    I will also agree with your predictions so lets take the bookies to the cleaners as there is no way the 3 of US could be wrong.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

The D Man (03-04-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    I will also agree with your predictions so lets take the bookies to the cleaners as there is no way the 3 of US could be wrong.
    I threw a tenner on those 4 teams and Tipp as well just over 10/1. Waterford 5/2 to beat galway?
    Do the bookies know something we don't having them at that price?.

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Yes i think i will agree with your predictions d man. A few close games in store. Davy will relish a shot at the cats but codys men to win it. Deise v galway should be close too. Cork to beat limerick. Offaly in the last 8 after winning just one game? Will they hold tipp to 20pts? Maybe home advantage to swing the relegation battle clares way.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Not bad guys 2 out of 5...
    I'd say Paddy Power had a field day with ye lot. Never underestimate Davy Fitz.
    Last edited by Best Before; 02-04-17 at 18:43. Reason: Revised my ratio to reflect the correct prediction of the relegation playoff game!!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

The D Man (14-04-17)

Reviews

Not fully correct but then I usually am not. Galway as I said needed the win more. Cork showed that consistency is sometimes a hard thing to achieve however Limerick would not have wanted to lose 3 times to them in the first 4 months.

The Wexford revival continues a great win for them. There are a few problems for kilkenny to sort out. Run at their full back line and it is in trouble. Also becoming too dependent on TJ Reid for scores.

Once Clare gave over the messing there was always going to be 1 winner. Too much firepower for Dublin. All not lost for them though division 1B will give them time to develop the young players who have potential.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

The gooch is set to announce his retirement today. One of the best footballers of all time and possibly the best kerry player ever and thats saying something. Thanks for the memories gooch . A legend in the gaa.
    Colm Cooper.
    Retiring from inter-county football.
    He might continue to play club football for a bit longer.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

The D Man (15-05-17)

Reviews

Semi finals this weekend, can davy fitz and wexford keep their good run going, their really in bonus territory now. I think it will be a close game but tipps squad should be good enough to win it. Galway to beat limerick in the other game. Lets hope for two great games.
    Two super games in prospect. I hear that the people of Wexford are at fever pitch and it is only April yet. Davy brings that enthusiasm and excitement with him. The question now is do they want to win the league or are they happy with what they have achieved so far. Tipperary will want to crush the Davy uprising. Huge crowd expected. It will be tight however Tipperary to be ahead at the final whistle.

When Galway and Limerick met in the last round at the Gaelic Grounds earlier in the league Galway won. Limerick also lost to Wexford in their first league game. So they need to start winning against these type of teams. Galway recovered from a dreadful start against Waterford at home. Johnny Glynn is back as well. Both sides looking for more consistent performances. Another tight game however Galway to win.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

The expected results emerged. Galway never in trouble against Limerick. Galway looking like they have a good panel now.

When Tipperary have their foot on you they will not let it back up again. That has been the way for many years now. Of course it was a free and Davys reaction was understandable however Tipp would still have won.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

The league final on sunday, tipp and galway have had some great battles the last few years, especially in the championship. Tipp are the team to beat at the moment and even without seamus callinan i think they will be too strong for galway. Maybe by 5 or 6 points. Lets hope its not a one sided game.
    Davy Fitz to run in from the stands . . Only this time with a hurl in each hand taking pot shots at the Tipp players

Reviews

The league final on sunday, tipp and galway have had some great battles the last few years, especially in the championship. Tipp are the team to beat at the moment and even without seamus callinan i think they will be too strong for galway. Maybe by 5 or 6 points. Lets hope its not a one sided game.
    Good rivalry always between Galway and Tipperary especially around the bridge at Portumna. Neither side would be afraid of the other no matter how much either one is favourite. As I have being saying here a league title for Galway would be great for them and give an extra boost of confidence. I like that they have found players from Intermediate clubs that are going well at county level. Usually only senior clubs are considered.
    As for Tipp Jason Forde has been hit with a 2 match ban however has been named in the team.
    Tipp to win.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast