Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling sex "aiding and abetting"..

Reviews

Thanks for the article, how did you get it, PM if you wish!
    I wonder does McDowell view it as unconstitutional and in what way! I strongly suspect that it has to be!
    Last edited by The Libertarian; 14-02-17 at 10:24.
    Ride them on the beaches!

Quote Originally Posted by Prickly View Post
    Brilliant article !

Thank you for posting it .

"....

Minister Fitzgerald hopes to be in a position to inform CEDAW that she has just secured the passage by the Irish Parliament of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015.

As the title of the Bill suggests, the Bill was initiated in the Oireachtas prior to the last General Election. In fact, it was initiated in the pre-election Seanad. The current Seanad is composed as to 80% of its membership of people who have never debated any part of this legislation. Moreover, the current Seanad is one in which the Government has the support of only one-third of its members.

Put shortly, four out of five members of the current Seanad have never been consulted about the contents of this Bill and have never had an opportunity, as they would with ordinary legislation, to consider the principles and policy behind the Bill and to consider its detailed provisions.

In these circumstances, her attempt to push the Bill through the newly formed Seanad in an afternoon, as the Minister hopes to do, is nothing short of scandalous. If the Minister wants to report “progress” at the CEDAW hearing in Geneva, there is nothing at all to stop her from saying that she has made significant progress in its passage through our parliament.

...."

1 . She hopes to present a trophy legislation at the UN .

Ironically , in 2012 the UN made the unequivocal Recommendation to Universally Decriminalise prostitution worldwide !

I'm just after reading the many pages of the Final Report ; if you are interested , the pertinent content starts on page 38 .

Makes for eye opening interesting reading , Ireland and Fitzgerald going dead opposite to those recommendations

that were compiled after years of international research by dedicated 'in-the-know' field workers / researchers .

Dead opposite , dead against !

http://www.hivlawcommission.org/reso...&Health-EN.pdf

2 . That IS scandalous !!

The original (two Sex Workers invited) Oireachtas Committee Meeting / Hearing was in 2013 February !

Even that process and the way it was carried out was scandalous , but now what this Min o Justice is trying on is Unlawful .

No ?

: unequivocally . unequivocal ... -- I like that word .

*edit
    Last edited by Stephanie; 14-02-17 at 12:16.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Brilliant article !

Thank you for posting it .

"....

Minister Fitzgerald hopes to be in a position to inform CEDAW that she has just secured the passage by the Irish Parliament of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Bill 2015.

As the title of the Bill suggests, the Bill was initiated in the Oireachtas prior to the last General Election. In fact, it was initiated in the pre-election Seanad. The current Seanad is composed as to 80% of its membership of people who have never debated any part of this legislation. Moreover, the current Seanad is one in which the Government has the support of only one-third of its members.

Put shortly, four out of five members of the current Seanad have never been consulted about the contents of this Bill and have never had an opportunity, as they would with ordinary legislation, to consider the principles and policy behind the Bill and to consider its detailed provisions.

In these circumstances, her attempt to push the Bill through the newly formed Seanad in an afternoon, as the Minister hopes to do, is nothing short of scandalous. If the Minister wants to report “progress” at the CEDAW hearing in Geneva, there is nothing at all to stop her from saying that she has made significant progress in its passage through our parliament.

...."

1 . She hopes to present a trophy legislation at the UN .

Ironically , in 2012 the UN made the unequivocal Recommendation to Universally Decriminalise prostitution worldwide !

I'm just after reading the many pages of the Final Report ; if you are interested , the pertinent content starts on page 38 .

Makes for eye opening interesting reading , Ireland and Fitzgerald going dead opposite to those recommendations

that were compiled after years of international research by dedicated 'in-the-know' field workers / researchers .

Dead opposite , dead against !

http://www.hivlawcommission.org/reso...&Health-EN.pdf

2 . That IS scandalous !!

The original (two Sex Workers invited) Oireachtas Committee Meeting / Hearing was in 2013 February !

Even that process and the way it was carried out was scandalous , but now what this Min o Justice is trying on is Unlawful .

No ?

: unequivocally . unequivocal ... -- I like that word .

*edit
    Fitzie's little trip to Geneva is off the agenda for now. She has been detained by local matters I'm afraid!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

PinocchioCock1949 (15-02-17), Stephanie (14-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Dunn View Post
    Fitzie's little trip to Geneva is off the agenda for now. She has been detained by local matters I'm afraid!!!!
    Excellent .

Not wishing bad on her or else , just think it's a positive that perhaps there's a reprieve and

perhaps an opportunity to re-examine the issues at hand x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Excellent .

Not wishing bad on her or else , just think it's a positive that perhaps there's a reprieve and

perhaps an opportunity to re-examine the issues at hand x
    it will make no difference i'm afraid

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zander For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (21-02-17)

Reviews

Tragic if she misses the junket to Switzerland!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12